ADVERTISEMENT

Finals - Cowtown Cat vs. drcats2013

Who would win head to head

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A question I should have asked earlier in this tournament.
If a player played multiple years, do you base it on their best year or their average overall time in college?

There are some guys that developed into good college players after a few years but weren’t instant game changers.

Guys like Napier and Noah weren’t much force as freshman but became really great contributors to good teams later in their college years.
Best year is the short answer but I recon it’s up to voters discretion

@drcats2013 , I love your transition game if you go Rose, Williams, and Wade - but how would you overcome a bad shooting night?

I'm open to your thoughts on this one.
What shooting does he have in his lineup aside from Shabazz? Wade would eat Lamb alive if he decides to start him. Korver off my bench is one of the best shooters in college basketball history. Tayshaun is a really good shooter.

My lineup is better than him in literally every position but one lol

Rose > Fox
Wade > Napier
Prince > MKG
Gooden < Zion
Noah > Bam

@Gromcat maybe reconsider? @GonzoCat90 help me out here.

I truly don’t see how this is even close.

Reactions: UK90 and GonzoCat90
What shooting does he have in his lineup aside from Shabazz? Wade would eat Lamb alive if he decides to start him. Korver off my bench is one of the best shooters in college basketball history. Tayshaun is a really good shooter.

Rose > Fox
Wade > Napier
Prince > MKG
Gooden < Zion
Noah > Bam

Sorry man. You flashed yours too. It was a tough call but I'll stick with Mrs. Cowtown.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat

Rose > Fox
Wade > Napier
Prince > MKG
Gooden < Zion
Noah > Bam

Prince over MKG? I love Prince, but I’m not so sure. MKG was a monster college player. IIRC, he had 24 boards against Louisville as a freshman.

I really like my bench also. Bringing in Dunleavy, Kawhi and Bagley off 6-8. Then having two dead eye shooters in Booker and Lamb, in case I need them.

Where is the interior offense gonna come from for your team? Noah isn’t gonna score very much inside. Gooden was a solid college player, but he’s going to have to guard Zion on the other end as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBUK
Prince over MKG? I love Prince, but I’m not so sure. MKG was a monster college player. IIRC, he had 24 boards against Louisville as a freshman.
I love MKG. Probably my favorite Cal player, but senior Prince was an absolute force on both ends of the court.

Prince scored 41 points against Tulsa in the NCAA tournament and was a second team all American.

I love MKG. Probably my favorite Cal player, but senior Prince was an absolute force on both ends of the court.

Prince scored 41 points against Tulsa in the NCAA tournament and was a second team all American.
That’s true, but MKG was a second team AA as a freshman as well.

Reactions: BBUK
i went with dr. sorry cc. you have an awesome team with defense and star. zion is a beast but seriously i think wade and rose are probably the best players on the floor and on the same team. jmho.

Reactions: drcats2013
Honestly it was a tough call. DR has great guard play, it’s just that the bench didn’t jump out to me.

It could go either way but I just think top to bottom Cow is gonna win it. Dr I went all the way with you man, but there’s always a limit. Gooden kind of sealed the deal.

Honestly it was a tough call. DR has great guard play, it’s just that the bench didn’t jump out to me.

It could go either way but I just think top to bottom Cow is gonna win it. Dr I went all the way with you man, but there’s always a limit. Gooden kind of sealed the deal.
First, how is a bench with Booker and Fox better than mine? And secondly, if it is, why does that matter so much? We won our last title with a 6-7 man rotation. I can promise I’m better at 6-7 deep regardless of your thoughts of my bench in it’s totality. My starting lineup is immensely better.

All that said, I’ll throw Randle in my starting lineup if it’ll change your mind. Come on, Morgsy. I have the perfect poster that I want you to give that UK memorabilia to.

Reactions: UK90
First, how is a bench with Booker and Fox better than mine? And secondly, if it is, why does that matter so much? We won our last title with a 6-7 man rotation. I can promise I’m better at 6-7 deep regardless of your thoughts of my bench in it’s totality. My starting lineup is immensely better.

All that said, I’ll throw Randle in my starting lineup if it’ll change your mind. Come on, Morgsy. I have the perfect poster that I want you to give that UK memorabilia to.
let me look at it again. I’m gonna ask a few people I’m around what they think. If I’m out numbered I’ll change it.

I do have two great perimeter defenders in Kawhi and MKG to keep those guards out of the lane. Also, Bagley can match Noah’s motor in the paint IMO.

Completely agree with your first point. MKG is an incredible perimeter defender and Kawhi not far behind. However I think Bagley’s motor is nowhere near that of Noah. He was a straight up dog and refused to lose. Bagley is certainly talented but I think Noah would wear him down 9 times out 10. Not a deciding factor but in my opinion Noah > Bagley

After reconsidering and asking a few people, I think team 2 in all actuality would probably win it. I think I was looking too much into a few picks I didn’t like instead of just accepting who would probably win.

Pick changed : Drcats.

Cow my bad man I just think he’s too well rounded in too many areas. Those guards man.

Rose > Fox
Wade > Napier
Prince > MKG
Gooden < Zion
Noah > Bam

If I might make a suggestion: bench Gooden and instead start a three guard lineup with Dwyane Wade at the three and Derrick Rose and Deron Williams both starting together.

I voted for you anyways, but I think that lineup would make you even better. Williams was one of the greatest all around college guards I’ve ever seen, any starting lineup with him in it looks better to me.

And, after all, small ball is all the rage today.

When I first looked at it I immediately was drawn to Cowtown's team but Dr players were better college players and have at least one lock HOF NBA player.

I also love the idea of Rose/Williams/Wade...goodness.

Cowtown would have a significant advantage down low...Zion, MKG, Bam, Bagley... but Dr. has a serious winner in Noah and a guy that played WR in high school but is over 7' and uber athletic.

Tough one but I think I have my decision made...

Another great matchup

The fact none of the bigs can shoot makes driving hard for @drcats2013 back court of Rose and Wade. Zion has a big game early until Noah moves over to slow him, then Bam gets fed. Eventually, I think @drcats moves to a three guard lineup replacing Gooden with Williams and speeds the game up. I think Prince has some trouble down low with Bam or Zion, but neither can match him on the other end. I think Prince gets away and hits 4-5 threes in this one, but most importantly gets one of the bigs out of the paint. Also, Williams gives him another shooter.

It all comes down to @Cowtown Cat keeping it slow and letting Zion/Bam score down low or if @drcats2013 makes some changes and speeds it up.

Tough, tough pick.

I'm torn, because with the starters they named, I think @Cowtown Cat wins off a huge game from Zion/Bam.

However with adjustments, I think it is @drcats2013 . And the game is about adjustments.

By a slim slim margin, I have to go with @drcats2013

Just begs the question, should I vote based off the starters they named, or how I envision the game going?

Another great matchup

The fact none of the bigs can shoot makes driving hard for @drcats2013 back court of Rose and Wade. Zion has a big game early until Noah moves over to slow him, then Bam gets fed. Eventually, I think @drcats moves to a three guard lineup replacing Gooden with Williams and speeds the game up. I think Prince has some trouble down low with Bam or Zion, but neither can match him on the other end. I think Prince gets away and hits 4-5 threes in this one, but most importantly gets one of the bigs out of the paint. Also, Williams gives him another shooter.

It all comes down to @Cowtown Cat keeping it slow and letting Zion/Bam score down low or if @drcats2013 makes some changes and speeds it up.

Tough, tough pick.

I'm torn, because with the starters they named, I think @Cowtown Cat wins off a huge game from Zion/Bam.

However with adjustments, I think it is @drcats2013 . And the game is about adjustments.

By a slim slim margin, I have to go with @drcats2013

Just begs the question, should I vote based off the starters they named, or how I envision the game going?
The objective was for us to build a team of 10 players that would win head to head vs our opponent. When I vote in these, I try to think of simply who has the better team and if anything, how I’d use each team head to head, because it’s all subjective and their personal starting lineups don’t matter so much to me.

Looks like it’s gonna be Cow.

At least you got me to switch my vote Dr.

I asked about 3 or 4 friends who are as wild about college basketball as I am and they all, without hesitation, went Dr.

Apparently rafters doesn’t see it that way. In @GonzoCat90 defense, all of the friends I asked held no loyalty to Kentucky players and aren’t inhibited by the “Kentucky effect”. They’re actually Memphis and Tennessee guys.

I’m thinking of starting a “NBA jam” Kentucky Pro’s edition draft. Pick two who would win in NBA jam from the Super Nintendo years.

Shawn Kemp cannot be drafted. The only rule.

Looks like it’s gonna be Cow.

At least you got me to switch my vote Dr.

I asked about 3 or 4 friends who are as wild about college basketball as I am and they all, without hesitation, went Dr.

Apparently rafters doesn’t see it that way. In @GonzoCat90 defense, all of the friends I asked held no loyalty to Kentucky players and aren’t inhibited by the “Kentucky effect”. They’re actually Memphis and Tennessee guys.

I’m thinking of starting a “NBA jam” Kentucky Pro’s edition draft. Pick two who would win in NBA jam from the Super Nintendo years.

Shawn Kemp cannot be drafted. The only rule.
@Cowtown Cat has a good team and definitely deserves the win. Obviously I think my team is better, but it just didn’t play out that way in the voting, regardless of the reasoning.

I will say this: I don’t for a second think cowtown was pandering. I think he just loves UK and gravitated towards picking a few extra wildcats because of his love for the team.

I’d be down for that. I’d want some old school guys like Mash and Chapman. I know Mash was in the old NBA jam, but I don’t think Rex was. Mashburn may have been the only Cat on the game. I still fire it up once or twice a year.

Reactions: DraftCat
CtC and a "Huh?" should do it .... Yeah.... you're another one too. ;)

@Cowtown Cat has a good team and definitely deserves the win. Obviously I think my team is better, but it just didn’t play out that way in the voting, regardless of the reasoning.

I like Cowtown, but I don’t get these results either. I thought both @GonzoCat90 and you plainly had the better teams in both the semis and finals IF voters we’re being objective, unbiased and applying the correct criteria.

But, whatever, I guess folks just really wanted him to win.

Last edited:
I like Cowtown, but I don’t get these results either. I thought both @GonzoCat90 and you plainly had the better teams in both the semifinals and finals IF voters we’re being objective, unbiased and applying the correct criteria.

That's just how these almost always go. Or if we're lucky the voting gets hijacked by extra accounts that belong to someone who is mad he couldn't play anymore.

I don't think anybody goes in caring if they win or not. Just fun to research and plan and argue.

I like Cowtown, but I don’t get these results either. I thought both @GonzoCat90 and you plainly had the better teams in both the semis and finals IF voters we’re being objective, unbiased and applying the correct criteria.

I agree. Honestly I wanted Cowtown to win because I thought Gonzo was a much tougher matchup on paper.

I finally went with @drcats2013 but this thing is awful close. The teams are very different so its hard to look at them matchup by matchup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT