ADVERTISEMENT

Fellow UK Sports Site Reporting DJ Wagner "Good"

I didn't see it on the forum, so I thought I'd make a post. This according to Zach Geoghegan...

Good to hear. I would keep him out of Saturday's game as a precautionary measure...then have him back in the lineup against Penn the following Saturday.

If not high ankle he should be ready to go. High ankle can keep you sidelined close to a month if severe but I don’t think his was high ankle or severe.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
This is the way.
And this is the whey

Soured_milk_whey.avrs-56.jpg

If he's good to go he needs to play.

People bash Calipari for not playing the injured players sooner so can't imagine this board if he doesn't play one cleared and good to go.

If he's good to go he needs to play.

People bash Calipari for not playing the injured players sooner so can't imagine this board if he doesn't play one cleared and good to go.
Because this is different. Cats are playing great. We're deep at guards. We shouldn't need him for that game. That adds up to, play it safe. Nobody here is losing their minds if DJ takes this game off. Because we can see the logic behind it.

UNC Wilmington lost to Appalachian State by 30. This is going to be a game that should be over in the fist half.

People said that about St. Joes after they lost to Texas A&M Commerce.

Then what happened? They took us to OT and just whooped the 18th ranked team in the country on the road.

Teams can have bad games- it doesn't mean anything.

Then what happened? They took us to OT and just whooped the 18th ranked team in the country on the road.

Yeah, it means something, but just not everything. You can't make a final judgment on a team based on one game, clearly. And sometimes, teams learn more from a loss than from several wins. St. Joe's must have learned big from that loss to TXA&M Commerce- and I wouldn't be surprised if prepping for UK and playing the Cats also helped them. Clearly, they came in to UK ready to play. The Cats weren't expecting that kind of challenge but they got it. And I'm sure Villanova wasn't expecting what they got, either, and looking at that box score, St Joe's controlled that game. Led by 8 at the half and never lost the lead in the 2nd half (or even allowed Villanova to get closer than 7), and led by as much as 17 in the 2nd half and finished with a 13pt victory. It wasn't a close win- it was a dominant win and it was played AT Villanova.

Wagner more than likely won’t play, and shouldn’t play due to the long wait after, Saturday. Should be nothing more than a one game absence. If he’s out there Saturday then it’s a non factor all the way around.

Let’s hope so. Ankle sprains keep guys out longer here than an Achilles tear kept out Aaron Rogers
Rodgers won't play another game this season. Willing to put money on it. Modern and even experimental medicine hasn't come that far.

It didn’t seem like anything serious at the time. He is a tough player, so I expect we see him on Saturday- even if it’s limited.
Have you not kept up with Cal the last dozen years and how he handles guys (especially projected lotto picks) and their “injuries“? Wagner is more likely to be out 4 weeks than to play Saturday.

UNC-Wilmington hasn't played anyone like us, or nearly as good as us, but they are hitting 44% of their 3's as a team, and it's a handful of guys that can knock it down. Guard the 3 and we'll be fine.

• Sad
It didn’t seem like anything serious at the time. He is a tough player, so I expect we see him on Saturday- even if it’s limited.
Derek Anderson injury didn't look to severe and we saw what that did to our season. Hopefully Wagner doesn't have any lingering issues from this.

Boy was I wrong and you were right lol. Hopefully that was a fluke with the different feel of Wagner out, Bradshaw in and Sheppard starting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT