ADVERTISEMENT

Barnhart speaks

RunninRichie

All-American
Sep 5, 2019

Barnhart sees that potential, but also understands health has limited this team from hitting its ceiling in a timely manner. Going into the Alabama matchup, the Wildcats still have not played a complete game at full strength.

He wants to see what this group looks like with the entire roster available. His gut, though, is that they’ll figure out how to fire on all cylinders when those March lights flick on.

“We’ve got to get all of our guys on the court at the same time,” Barnhart said of John Calipari’s bunch. “I think that is certainly a focus. I have full understanding and thought that this team can make a deep run in March and can play with anybody. I mean, they’ve shown that.

“I think it’s just a matter of getting all of our pieces together and being able to practice and compete for extended periods of time. The good news is we’ve still got five regular season games left to find a way to get to Nashville and position ourselves well for the NCAAs. I like watching them play.”

“The good news is we’ve still got five regular season games left to find a way to get to Nashville and position ourselves well for the NCAAs. I like watching them play.”

Loser. Mentality.

We shouldn’t be needing to “position ourselves well for the NCAAs” by the SEC Tournament. We should be on a warpath by then figuring out whether our “position” is a one or two seed more often than not. When’s the last time that happened?

Barnhart sees that potential, but also understands health has limited this team from hitting its ceiling in a timely manner. Going into the Alabama matchup, the Wildcats still have not played a complete game at full strength.

He wants to see what this group looks like with the entire roster available. His gut, though, is that they’ll figure out how to fire on all cylinders when those March lights flick on.

“We’ve got to get all of our guys on the court at the same time,” Barnhart said of John Calipari’s bunch. “I think that is certainly a focus. I have full understanding and thought that this team can make a deep run in March and can play with anybody. I mean, they’ve shown that.

“I think it’s just a matter of getting all of our pieces together and being able to practice and compete for extended periods of time. The good news is we’ve still got five regular season games left to find a way to get to Nashville and position ourselves well for the NCAAs. I like watching them play.”
Sooooo, basically, Mitch is telling the microwavers to " just wait for March".......

Ugh. How long before we get the "wait till next year" talk started???

Just saying what he thinks most of the delusional fans want to hear.... Id say the same type of BS if I was in his shoes.

Probably not a day goes by that he doesn't regret the terms of that contract.

But John is in charge so Mitch has just got to play along and sound supportive.

Absolutely clueless or F0S as expected.
Every team has injuries. Injuries are not why we lost to LSU!
One excuse after another after another.
He needs to go with Calipari.

Cal sitting players for “injuries” always gives him an excuse. Most see through it, Barnshart is a moron
He sees through it. But he’s painted himself into a corner for numerous reasons:
- he’s let Cal do whatever the hell he’s wanted for 15 years.
- he gave the man a contract that is so iron clad even Johnny Cochran couldn’t find a loophole
- he’s allowed relationships to breakdown for a half decade
- he has no real proof of testicles

Just saying what he thinks most of the delusional fans want to hear.... Id say the same type of BS if I was in his shoes.

Probably not a day goes by that he doesn't regret the terms of that contract.

But John is in charge so Mitch has just got to play along and sound supportive.
No, he doesn't have to play along. He can speak his mind. If he was a true UK fan, he would. Would it cost him his job? Possibly. But the odds of Mitch's contract being extended when the current one is over, I don't think are very good.

Sometimes you wonder what people think an AD is supposed to say in these types of situations, given these type questions. ‘Yeah, I’m just waiting to fire everyone. I just need a good excuse. ‘ Of course he’s going to say he’s looking forward to March and that sort of stuff.
Or he could say the Kentucky basketball comes with certain expectations that need to be met and that will be reviewed at the end of the season.
Instead, we get Bagdad Bob nonsense.

This Is Fine GIF

Last edited:

“We’ve got to get all of our guys on the court at the same time,” Barnhart said of John Calipari’s bunch

Yep only chance to win with cal as the coach is to playem all at once. 😂. 10v5 i like those odds

Nice of El Chapo to emerge from his tunnel. What perspective from him. He's attached to this crap so of course he wants to hide/stay out of the spotlight. Cal carried his ass initially but lately $ Mitch has decided to flex on Cal and take odd stances to ignore reality of this being a basketball school. Oh well, hope this all works out for the best of the fanbase.

Sounds like he just came out of (Cals) office less than a man again. He had intent to confront him about it but Cals lovey dovey be the greatest human got him again lol.

Sounds like he just came out of (Cals) office less than a man again. He had intent to confront him about it but Cals lovey dovey be the greatest human got him again lol.
Trust me, Cal is NEVER lovey dovey with Barnhart. In fact , they won’t even speak. Chris Woolard is their conduit for communication. He told me this himself.

Barnhart needs to go this year, regardless of what happens with Cal. The contract issues with the basketball and football programs were his doing.
Barnhart should have been canned for the "lifetime contract" alone.
Well there are people that say Barnhart was not going to agree to sign off on Cals contract but was forced to by the administration. It was discussed on the premium board last week . I had never heard that before but it makes perfect sense because I know for a fact they CANNOT STAND EACH OTHER. Knowing this , I always wondered why Mitch would have given him that ridiculous contract.

Well there are people that say Barnhart was not going to agree to sign off on Cals contract but was forced to by the administration. It was discussed on the premium board last week . I had never heard that before but it makes perfect sense because I know for a fact they CANNOT STAND EACH OTHER. Knowing this , I always wondered why Mitch would have given him that ridiculous contract.
I’m not in the know but I have said this for quite some time. Those that think this was Mitch’s contract with Cal aren’t thinking it through. No way Mitch gives that contract acting alone. He would need approval for that type of deal.

Nice of El Chapo to emerge from his tunnel. What perspective from him. He's attached to this crap so of course he wants to hide/stay out of the spotlight. Cal carried his ass initially but lately $ Mitch has decided to flex on Cal and take odd stances to ignore reality of this being a basketball school. Oh well, hope this all works out for the best of the fanbase.
What’s an example of an “odd stance”?

2000 is this decade. 2022 is this decade.

Laugh on like a clown.

I bet your team can’t beat UK.
That’s a century dumbass 🤣

Imagine you not knowing the difference between a decade and a century…whoulda thunk it 😂😂

My team was and is UK not Team Cal…now go crawl back into daddy’s empty nutsack and cry 😂😂😂

Only problem is this is not a one-off. We never have our full team every year. It's injury after injury guys out for a month at a time for a hang nail.

Same garbage last season!

KENTUCKY basketball is dead!
These contracts are meaningless. They have to do multi year deals or Barney will be a lame duck. Every coach it AD fired or resigned had a contract. It’s not like hs sports where everything is year to year. But I agree if that goober and cal aren’t supplanted soon irretrievable harm will come upon on our program.

“The good news is we’ve still got five regular season games left to find a way to get to Nashville and position ourselves well for the NCAAs. I like watching them play.”

Loser. Mentality.

We shouldn’t be needing to “position ourselves well for the NCAAs” by the SEC Tournament. We should be on a warpath by then figuring out whether our “position” is a one or two seed more often than not. When’s the last time that happened?
We all like watching them play.. We don’t like watching them lose.

I’m not in the know but I have said this for quite some time. Those that think this was Mitch’s contract with Cal aren’t thinking it through. No way Mitch gives that contract acting alone. He would need approval for that type of deal.
Especially since he hates him , lol .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT