ADVERTISEMENT

“Weight Of The World On Wagner & Edwards”

Edwards will be fine you can tell it is just going to take some time with his frame. Just like Nazr Moh and Antoine Walker he will start to come into his own around SEC tourney time.

It is amazing how Cal suggests that Dilly and Shep are playing with house money which is why they are out playing Edwards and Wagner. Also, he calls out Dilly by name for his three turnovers, but he says nothing about the bricks and airballs thrown towards the basket by Wagner.

Attributing Reed (or Dillingham's) excellent play to this point as "playing with house money" is insulting to those guys. They are just playing very well.

I think both will be OK as the season progresses. IMO they both have been told how good they are ( and they will be) but college is a lot different than playing against guy in HS . Now are playing against guys that are as good as they are or better in some cases. It just takes time for some players to adjust to college ball. Let's just give them time to adjust.

How do you get rid of the "weight of the world" stuff then?

Well, you don't worry about your draft stock 7 months from now. Take every day as it comes and work to be better than you were the day before. If you do that the rest will follow. Show up and work hard. Rinse and repeat.

The worst part is suggesting Reed, a legacy player who Cal would happily send straight to the end of the bench if he ever stops playing well, is playing with house money.

GTFO of here with that crap. Cal, you’re either a liar or a moron, but you are definitely at least one of the two.
Yep and thats exactly why people are so loud and adament at pointing out the differences in level of play between Wagner and Edwards vs Rob and Reed. You can already tell by Cal's house money qoute that he isn't choosing to see what is obvious about the two high level gaurds we have coming off the bench.

In my mind they are just better basketball players than the other two but just pointing that out to people gets ypu attacked in here.
They act as of we don't want Justin and Dj to succeed and thats simply not the case. I have seen enough of Reed to know that he needs handed the keys to the offense and be our main facilitator for as many minutes as he can stand a game and Rob is just a nightmare matchup for anyone to try and stay in front of. Adou needs to be the starter at the 4 and make Edwards fight and battle to get minutes.

Reactions: NociHTTP
We have a very weak and fragile under 30 crowd. When I was 19 I had already killed men. 1967
Do you own a Gran Torino?😉😉. Just kidding. There are definitely some types of pressure that are more significant than other types of pressure and you have definitely checked the box of real pressure.

We have a very weak and fragile under 30 crowd. When I was 19 I had already killed men. 1967
There might be a message board somewhere that is impressed with your dubious feat by age 19; however, this is a sports message board that fails to understand the relevance of your bravado.

^^^You should be glad you didn’t have to go thru what HD and many many others did and seen and their “dubious feats”. I don’t post often but you need to **** yourself.

Last edited:
Which is kinda stupid. I mean Reed is a double legacy. That would be quite a bit of pressure.
I'm pleasantly surprised at how Reed has handled it for the most part. The only head scratchers have been during the KU game. I think the pressure did get to him there a bit.

Edwards is just too much in his own head right now. It's obvious. That missed layup he had and he just came back shaking his head (that's when Reed was patting him on the back). It happens. You just try to play hard, and then when it's not clicking, you try to do too much to make up for it, and it just become frustrating and then doubt creeps in.

DJ? Not sure what's going on there. He's a good kid and works his tail off. Not sure if he's trying to do too much or what. I don't think it's selfish ball (we saw that pass as he was falling down the other night...selfish play would've kept it and walked). Maybe it's the speed of the game? Dunno.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
It is amazing how Cal suggests that Dilly and Shep are playing with house money which is why they are out playing Edwards and Wagner. Also, he calls out Dilly by name for his three turnovers, but he says nothing about the bricks and airballs thrown towards the basket by Wagner.
Tbf, those turnovers by Rob were pretty bad. He can't play out of control like that. He does a lot of good things for us too though.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
If these guys believe it's the weight of the world on their shoulders at UK, I would say they don't have the mindset of OAD and NBA, at this point in time. They should focus on developing their games regardless of what others say. This OAD mentality can be poison for some players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT