ADVERTISEMENT

Good read on how Cal is underachieving but UK is stuck

Cal made it pretty clear in the postgame that he's not going anywhere. We're stuck with him for the next 5 years or until Mitch decides we are able to afford the buyout.
I don't know what he said, but I don't buy it. Why? 1) it's Cal talking. And 2) Cal's ego demands he feel love and adoration. That ship ship has sailed outta Lexington. Probably just screwing with fans.

He is underperforming again with the most talented team in the country. What’s new!

Give it a rest. Fans like YOU are what sucks about being a UK fan. Can you ONE time say ANYTHING positive about Cal / UK ? You are one of the most redundant, terrible posters here and that is saying something. We do not need 6 threads a day talking about Cal sucking, we get it already, he is not doing a great job lately, but damn, give it a rest. YOU can't change jack shit, save your time, energy, and you saneness. It is not healthy for someone to be eat up with another person, that the have constantly, daily, all day talk about the person.

Give it a rest. Fans like YOU are what sucks about being a UK fan. Can you ONE time say ANYTHING positive about Cal / UK ? You are one of the most redundant, terrible posters here and that is saying something. We do not need 6 threads a day talking about Cal sucking, we get it already, he is not doing a great job lately, but damn, give it a rest. YOU can't change jack shit, save your time, energy, and you saneness. It is not healthy for someone to be eat up with another person, that the have constantly, daily, all day talk about the person.
I’m sharing articles of what the local and national media think of our coach and our basketball program. The last I checked this was a Kentucky Basketball forum,
I love this team. I’m not a fan of the coach because he consistently underachieves with the talent he has. If you don’t like it then keep scrolling.
The majority likes reading these articles and agree with them because it is a truthful article about the state of Kentucky basketball and the underperforming coach.

Last edited:
It is OK to have displeasure with our coach. It is the all day EVERYDAY that is the issue. By the way, have you made ONE post about the 32 point win ? Just curious. I know the answer already. I am not happy with Cal just like you, BUT you are taking it wayyyy to the extreme, we get it, you hate Cal. Guess what, it doesn't matter what YOU think of him, he is NOT going anywhere anytime soon. SO either suck it up buttercup, or spend 8 hours everyday posting your redundant opinion that doesn't mean ANYTHING as far as the actual outcome.

Reactions: KYFOSSIL
I’m sharing articles and what the local and national media think of our coach and our basketball program. The last I checked this was a Kentucky Basketball forum,
I love this team. I’m not a fan of the coach because he consistently underachieves with the talent he has. If you don’t like it then keep scrolling.
The majority likes reading these articles and agree with them because it is a truthful article about the state of Kentucky basketball and the underperforming coach.
Agree : the article is spot on, thanks for posting.

It is OK to have displeasure with our coach. It is the all day EVERYDAY that is the issue. By the way, have you made ONE post about the 32 point win ? Just curious. I know the answer already. I am not happy with Cal just like you, BUT you are taking it wayyyy to the extreme, we get it, you hate Cal. Guess what, it doesn't matter what YOU think of him, he is NOT going anywhere anytime soon. SO either suck it up buttercup, or spend 8 hours everyday posting your redundant opinion that doesn't mean ANYTHING as far as the actual outcome.
This is a national journalist’s opinion and just as he stated if Cal bombs in the NCAAT again this season. Which is very likely. UK may actually pony up the money.
And you act proud that Cal is sticking around stealing 9 million per year while running KY basketball into the ground.
That’s not ok to me. It just shows how greedy he really is and how very little he cares about KY basketball.
I was thrilled we topped 100 points and blew out someone. But Vandy is terrible. We need to beat some good teams.

Such true statements from the article.

Once again, Kentucky has what is clearly the most talented basketball roster in the country. It’s not even close, from a talent perspective, and they’re just an OK team. They’re 5-5 in the first two quadrants, with a quadrant three loss at home to Wilmington. They’re good, but they’re not anything other than good.”

And at Kentucky, when you watch the NBA All-Star rosters come out and there’s like seven Kentucky players who were NBA All-Stars this, and then you look at it and you go, ‘Why don’t we have more Final Fours and more national championships than we have?'”

Damn dude, you are STILL posting tidbits from that article. We know you have highlighted what the journalist said, no need to post it over and over. You posted the article (I did not and will not read), why post quotes from it ? If people want to, they will read it, if not, no need you trying to make people have yours and the journalist' opinion.

people complaining about the negativity

it's like you're mad at a friend for saying your girlfriend is fat.

she is fat, you know she is fat, but you don't want to hear about it everyday

but the reason WHY is you know you have a fatass girlfriend and deep down it pisses you off

but instead you say friend "YOU'RE THE REASON I AM NOT IN LOVE WITH THIS FATASS!"

no, you're in love with the girl that used to fit into the size 2 petite jeans, that girl is long gone but you want to pretend she's still the hottest girl at the party. She's not even the hottest girl at the Jenny Craig meetings

But even worse, your friend makes a thread about fatass girlfriends, You KNOW that's what its about, but you're gonna click on it anyways and then get mad

Last edited:

but the reason WHY is you know you have a fatass girlfriend and deep down it pisses you off

but instead you say friend "YOU'RE THE REASON I AM NOT IN LOVE WITH THIS FATASS!"

no, you're in love with the girl that used to fit into the size 2 petite jeans, that girl is long gone but you want to pretend she's still the hottest girl at the party.

But even worse, your friend makes a thread about fatass girlfriends, You KNOW that's what its about, but you're gonna click on it anyways and then get mad
What a terrible friend

Damn dude, you are STILL posting tidbits from that article. We know you have highlighted what the journalist said, no need to post it over and over. You posted the article (I did not and will not read), why post quotes from it ? If people want to, they will read it, if not, no need you trying to make people have yours and the journalist' opinion.
You need to go bake some brownies Ellen.
You’re coming off angry and crazy lol

Last edited:
He is underperforming again with the most talented team in the country. What’s new!

I challenge anyone to name a coach in a Power-5 conference that has underachieved as bad as Calipari has over the last 4 or 5 years. 24 players in this years NBA All-Star game & 7 that's right 7 of them played for Calipari at Kentucky, yet we haven't been to a Final Four in 9 years. UK has all the resources in the world. The best facilities, the best tradition, the best fan support, 5 star recruit after 5 star recruit yet we haven't been to the Final Four in 9 years. If I was Calipari I would find me a rock & crawl under it to hide my face in shame.

I don't know what he said, but I don't buy it. Why? 1) it's Cal talking. And 2) Cal's ego demands he feel love and adoration. That ship ship has sailed outta Lexington. Probably just screwing with fans.
I used to lean in this direction, but I'm not so sure. 1) can't refute...the man's a natural liar (2) his ego is now bruised, which makes him want to "stick it to" his doubters. And this huge, bruised ego is making more than double the money at UK than he could possibly earn anyplace else on Earth. I'm hoping he's feeling enough heat to make him uncomfortable enough to hang it up, but fear his money has him and his dogs insulated well enough to be able to ignore the criticisms, hunker down and hang on like grim death. :(

Someone forcing you to read this thread against your will?
Blink twice and I'll call the Popo for you.

You need to go bake some brownies Ellen.
You’re coming of angry and crazy lol
Yeah, I've been noticing how vitriolic and personal it is with them. They literally act like they are defending a family member from criticism. Or they think attacking the messengers will make us shut up and not express our opinions. If we manage to beat Gonzaga they will be here attacking posters right and left for not having faith in Reverend Cal.

I’m sharing articles of what the local and national media think of our coach and our basketball program. The last I checked this was a Kentucky Basketball forum,
Keep on posting buddy I enjoy reading what everyone else is finally starting to see about our coach. Some people on here will die on that Calipari ship….

You could always just go to another thread. That’s what I do when I don’t want to read something.

no, you're in love with the girl that used to fit into the size 2 petite jeans, that girl is long gone but you want to pretend she's still the hottest girl at the party. She's not even the hottest girl at the Jenny Craig meetings

I5L3jdV.jpeg

Who elected you board monitor?

It is a UK message board,iUKs current status and the performance of its coach would seem to be a relevant topic of discussion. One could also argue that national media articles about our program could be of interest to those of us who CHOOSE to come here . Really struck a nerve didn't it.

I don’t think he underachieves with his rosters. Basketball has changed. Freshman can not play any defense because of AAU ball. It’s not taught anymore. One and done is DONE. You can’t win in college playing guys that have never been taught defense. The biggest problem is cal chose not to develop rotation players. He plays his freshman period. He will never win at a high clip again unless he changes his approach. Edwards is a clear example of what’s wrong. We are waiting for him to Develop just like Ty Ty, Boston and all the other 5 star college busts that were starters trying to develop. He does not play like a starting option at Kentucky should. Bradshaw same thing. Talent and production wise, they would be bench guys at Tennessee this year. Other coaches keep you as backups until you develop. Cal would and could never put a five star high recruit on the bench and tell him he needs to develop his game and take the starting job. Never.

Last edited:
“Once again, Kentucky has what is clearly the most talented basketball roster in the country. It’s not even close, from a talent perspective, and they’re just an OK team.”

I forget the thread, but I made an exact post about this. We’re going to look back on this team, the collection of names, and think damn… what could have been. Should have been….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT