ADVERTISEMENT

Barnhart speaks

No, he doesn't have to play along. He can speak his mind. If he was a true UK fan, he would. Would it cost him his job? Possibly. But the odds of Mitch's contract being extended when the current one is over, I don't think are very good.
This^^^^

It's called leadership.
Mitch is guilty of leading from the rear on most major sports at UK.

We are always trying to play catch up with the other conference members even though we have the same revenue stream as all the teams in the SEC.

He chooses to follow instead of leading.

2000 is this decade. 2022 is this decade.

Laugh on like a clown.

I bet your team can’t beat UK.
MKxKQo0.gif

No, he doesn't have to play along. He can speak his mind. If he was a true UK fan, he would. Would it cost him his job? Possibly. But the odds of Mitch's contract being extended when the current one is over, I don't think are very good.
He just got and extension through 2028. We’re screwed!

Reactions: NociHTTP

Barnhart sees that potential, but also understands health has limited this team from hitting its ceiling in a timely manner. Going into the Alabama matchup, the Wildcats still have not played a complete game at full strength.

He wants to see what this group looks like with the entire roster available. His gut, though, is that they’ll figure out how to fire on all cylinders when those March lights flick on.

“We’ve got to get all of our guys on the court at the same time,” Barnhart said of John Calipari’s bunch. “I think that is certainly a focus. I have full understanding and thought that this team can make a deep run in March and can play with anybody. I mean, they’ve shown that.

“I think it’s just a matter of getting all of our pieces together and being able to practice and compete for extended periods of time. The good news is we’ve still got five regular season games left to find a way to get to Nashville and position ourselves well for the NCAAs. I like watching them play.”
Expecting Barnhart to do anything about his to major contracts is about like expecting Calipari to change. It’s not happening.

Barnhart sees that potential, but also understands health has limited this team from hitting its ceiling in a timely manner. Going into the Alabama matchup, the Wildcats still have not played a complete game at full strength.

He wants to see what this group looks like with the entire roster available. His gut, though, is that they’ll figure out how to fire on all cylinders when those March lights flick on.

“We’ve got to get all of our guys on the court at the same time,” Barnhart said of John Calipari’s bunch. “I think that is certainly a focus. I have full understanding and thought that this team can make a deep run in March and can play with anybody. I mean, they’ve shown that.

“I think it’s just a matter of getting all of our pieces together and being able to practice and compete for extended periods of time. The good news is we’ve still got five regular season games left to find a way to get to Nashville and position ourselves well for the NCAAs. I like watching them play.”

Even Mitch's thick skull realizes that DJ and Edwards need to be on the bench. LOL

Cal sitting players for “injuries” always gives him an excuse. Most see through it, Barnshart is a moron
Do you think it's possible that over the years that Cal has arbitrarily sat kids out of games for fake injuries and not one player has come forward and told it?

Reading his comments do nothing but depress me even further. I’m at the point where I think it’s time I invest my time and money into something more positive for me. I see a guy, who’s obviously book smart, does and says all the right things, is the perfect corporate executive, but also a guy that never steps out on the ledge, never buys a lottery ticket, never bets a long shot at Keeneland, never buys a pull tab at Catholic bingo. He’s a play it safe, hold at 16, blackjack player. He accepts mediocrity, almost demands it. When did it become ok for Kentucky basketball to accept mediocrity? We are on the cusp of becoming Indiana 2.0.

That’s a century dumbass 🤣

Imagine you not knowing the difference between a decade and a century…whoulda thunk it 😂😂

My team was and is UK not Team Cal…now go crawl back into daddy’s empty nutsack and cry 😂😂😂
Now, now, most people believe education is a bad word and universities are evil.

• Haha
Reactions: CatPhight
I’m not in the know but I have said this for quite some time. Those that think this was Mitch’s contract with Cal aren’t thinking it through. No way Mitch gives that contract acting alone. He would need approval for that type of deal.
On top of that, many say he didn't hire Cal, didn't want him, and doesn't manage him because Cal doesn't like him. So someone that didn't want him and doesn't manage him handed him a huge contract. If it's true that Mitch didn't hire him and didn't want him, the people that want Cal gone should be praising Mitch because he was right all along. You don't see that because it's not about truth. Some people just don't like Mitch for whatever reason and will always frame the narrative to criticize him, even if they contradict things they have said before.

Reactions: delk4three
What is the source of the hate? What incident started it all?
It just seems extreme when two grown men won't even speak to each other
I think Cal always held it against him because Barnhart didn’t offer him the job when Tubby left (I’ve heard Cal say he was expecting it) and Cal thought that Barnhart wouldn’t have considered him when BCG was fired if not for some other people stepping in .

The situation undermined Barnharts authority. It’s possible Barnhart held it against him since he wasn’t really his choice.

I believe Cal came with the attitude that “Barnhart didn’t hire me , he’s not my boss “ .

Cal has made a couple of public comments that Barnhart had to address publicly. The “Kentucky is a basketball school “ and the misleading statement about Cal having procured the funds for a practice facility.

IF it is true that the administration forced Barnhart to give Cal the lifetime contract against his wishes and now everyone blames Barnhart for it , I’m sure he isn’t taking that very well .

Chris Woolard himself told me in 2014 that Barnhart and Calipari did not speak and that he was the “go between “ and that was the part of his job he absolutely hated .

I believe it has festered over the years .

I don’t follow the womens team but what’s he talking about with some “March magic.” Aren’t they like 11-16?
March magic to MB is the women's team winning some games in the SEC tournament. They are not going anywhere else unless they WIN the SEC tournament. Just wait......

Reactions: BlueRunner11
See my post above. Doesn’t matter what the fudge happens in March, he got nothing. His own doing by the way. He’s neutered himself.
I'm not entirely sure about this one. I really think Cal went over MB head with the lifetime contract.

If you remember the little kerfuffle between CMS and Cal where MB kinda sided with CMS and Cal threw his childish little media fit......who was it that flew down to Nashville to console Cal's hurt feelings??

That move by the good Dr. completely neutered MB where Cal was concerned, if he wasn't already neutered by the lifetime contract.

Last edited:
LMAO Cal could start by playing our best players the majority of the minutes. All of the talking heads are turning up the heat, asking why on Earth DJ and JE are still starting! The same question many of us have been asking for months now. We’ve taken several losses damn near strictly due to Cal mismanaging the damn roster and lineups. He’s a clown. 🤡

I could use a couple myself right now.
Preferably before game time today.

Hey, there's a thought. Any way we could get Ellen to fix Cal a special batch before the game so he could just go full blown Snoop Dog on the bench during the game???
He'd have to eat enough to be comatose, otherwise he'd be paranoid and have us playing puckered ass sphincter style the entire game, instead of the last 5 minutes... [laughing]

Barnhart needs to go this year, regardless of what happens with Cal. The contract issues with the basketball and football programs were his doing.
Yeah, more Barnhart BS.....he keeps saying wait for March....we all know how that has played out the past several years. He is merely trying to delay criticism for so many bad decisions.

Barnhart has consistently made disastrous mistakes with hires, contract extensions and oversight. The entire athletic program is disgraceful considering amount of money that has been put into the program. Fire Barnhart today and start cleaning up the mess
It’s all about compliance. If Mitch is running a compliant athletics program, he’s a University President’s wet dream.

As messed up as this sounds, I'm sort of envious of Louisville fans right now.
Yeah, they are having another embarrassing season, BUT they will almost assuredly be getting a new coach next year. And they might hire a really good one. We however are in almost like a continuous hostage situation that has been going on for years now. With an AD who refuses to publicly acknowledge that there is even an issue!
At least Louisville fans have the one thing we do not right now. HOPE. We have only years of a 6 ft , 200 lbs + lead weight to look forward to dragging around. We need a new direction, fresh air, and hope for Kentucky basketball badly. We need change.

Reactions: cathouse

🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
On top of that, many say he didn't hire Cal, didn't want him, and doesn't manage him because Cal doesn't like him. So someone that didn't want him and doesn't manage him handed him a huge contract. If it's true that Mitch didn't hire him and didn't want him, the people that want Cal gone should be praising Mitch because he was right all along. You don't see that because it's not about truth. Some people just don't like Mitch for whatever reason and will always frame the narrative to criticize him, even if they contradict things they have said before.
That’s a good point I hadn’t considered.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT