ADVERTISEMENT

Edwards

Everyone just relax. He's fine. This wasn't going to be his kind of game anyways, they sat parked in the paint the whole game in that zone- it wasn't going to be a game where Edwards and Wagner were slicing and dicing through the lane.

It takes some recruits a little longer to really get in the swing of it and build that confidence.

Everyone just take a breath.

Not all these guys come alive right away. And SF is a hard position to get going. PGs have the ball in their hands and bigs can grab rebounds. But SFs and wings go through a bigger transition.

It also doesn't help when the guys we thought would be reserves... Dilly and Shep.. are showing out big time.

Give it time.

It’s been 4 games, I’m not making any overall big picture assumptions on a player 4 games into his college career. Edwards will be fine and find a groove eventually, Kentucky needs him along with Wagner to be good
I don’t think the team or he knows his role yet. We have relied on perimeter shooting, he’s not being asked to do much offensively. Just rebound and play good defense. Dilly tried getting him going second half so they know. He’s fine like you said. It feels great finally having a modern squad. We can shoot the hell outta the ball now. I love this team and if we get Bradshaw at 100% watch out, Z or Ugo for depth, wow.

Not all these guys come alive right away. And SF is a hard position to get going. PGs have the ball in their hands and bigs can grab rebounds. But SFs and wings go through a bigger transition.

It also doesn't help when the guys we thought would be reserves... Dilly and Shep.. are showing out big time.

Give it time.
Just like Wagner but tonight he did some things too. Actually kicked down 3 3’s so that’s good. Had some good assists and saves second half as well.

Never saw him before MacDonalds game in which he basically was unnoticeable.

Nothing has changed. Maybe plateaued, hopefully not

I don’t think the team or he knows his role yet. We have relied on perimeter shooting, he’s not being asked to do much offensively. Just rebound and play good defense. Dilly tried getting him going second half so they know. He’s fine like you said. It feels great finally having a modern squad. We can shoot the hell outta the ball now. I love this team and if we get Bradshaw at 100% watch out, Z or Ugo for depth, wow.
My only hope is once the bigs come back cal doesn’t resort back to slog ball and try slow this team down

Give it time.

I'm cheering for him. He just looks like a massive whiff. We need him.

Last edited:
Reactions: mailman85
If you've not seen anything build upon, you're blind. Just because he's struggled so far doesn't mean he isn't as talented as we thought coming out of HS. He and Wagner both have all the upside in the world, and not reaching it 4 games into their freshman season is absolutely nothing to get worried about. Come January, sure we can start this post again.

Reactions: ala_kat2
If you've not seen anything build upon, you're blind. Just because he's struggled so far doesn't mean he isn't as talented as we thought coming out of HS. He and Wagner both have all the upside in the world, and not reaching it 4 games into their freshman season is absolutely nothing to get worried about. Come January, sure we can start this post again.
I get what your saying burger but come on its a bit worrisome when your supposed lotto pick cant get double digits v Stoneface.

Who knows after 4 games. We can speculate, sure. He has shown to be a solid defender so far and he's rebounded a little over 5 a game. Also shot 62% from the floor. Ofc the one game he played against top competition he was 0-3...... All small sample sizes. Just like 4 games is a small sample size to determine if he's a bust or not.

And he may be a whif, No one really knows. But it's far too early to call this. Edwards has new PGs feeding him, and we also have ZERO inside presence right now. That's going to throw a forwards game off.

I made that exact comment a week or two ago that he'd look alot better with a big man in there with him. Since then he looks really week. Oh well, no worries. I don't see him as anywhee near NBA-ready so maybe he's pressing.

Is this just a case of a massive rankings miss? The way they talked about him last year, I thought we were getting a left-handed Ron Mercer.

I mean I've seen NOTHING he can build upon.

Were we sold a bad bill of goods?
I believe when you think about the ranking of high school players through these recruiting services you have to consider what the ranking is based on. It’s not always clear. But if you assume the ranking is a prediction of who will be the most productive CBB freshman, then that might not be correct at all and therefore leave you feeling like the player is “over-rated.” But if the ranking is based on future potential, then why should we assume a highly ranked kid will just come in and be great – especially against the better upperclassmen.

My only hope is once the bigs come back cal doesn’t resort back to slog ball and try slow this team down
The good thing is with Bradshaw he’s a runner, a lob threat type big.
Wagner had 9/5/3 and Edwards had 9/5/1. That’s pretty damn good honestly. If we can get 5 guys with those numbers every game we will be tough.

Is this just a case of a massive rankings miss? The way they talked about him last year, I thought we were getting a left-handed Ron Mercer.

I mean I've seen NOTHING he can build upon.

Were we sold a bad bill of goods?
Would you say the same about Sheppard if started slow?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT