ADVERTISEMENT

Dook is not a 5 seed. Lunardo says they move up a seed line after UL win😂.

Duke is getting a lot better, they are finally healthy. Should have gotten the W at UVA but got absolutely hosed, that W would probably have Duke on the 4 line.

There are no dominant teams this year, feel like seeding matters very little but matchups will be more important. I’m also absolutely amazed that the OP posted this at 3AM with what looks like hours worth of research, guess Duke and Lunardi keep him up late at night?
😂😂 No you have played the bottom dwellers of the ACC other than UVA which you lost. Oh and I don't think any fan of any program not named Duke will care refs screwed Duke since it's happened to us for years when we play Duke.

😂😂 No you have played the bottom dwellers of the ACC other than UVA which you lost. Oh and I don't think any fan of any program not named Duke will care refs screwed Duke since it's happened to us for years when we play Duke.
When did the refs screw UK when they played Duke? Surely you aren’t referring to the 118-84 game, or last season when Duke was in control from the start?

You guys definitely got hosed in the UNC ‘17 elite 8 game no doubt. And the Wisconsin final 4 game. But I’m genuinely curious when it happened during a Duke Uk game.

When did the refs screw UK when they played Duke? Surely you aren’t referring to the 118-84 game, or last season when Duke was in control from the start?

You guys definitely got hosed in the UNC ‘17 elite 8 game no doubt. And the Wisconsin final 4 game. But I’m genuinely curious when it happened during a Duke Uk game.
Oh I don't know let me think about it a second.....

051010LAETTNER-STEPS-ON-TI1.png

No response other than a laughy face? Your silence would seem to indicate you know refs screwed UK in favor of Duke that game. Laettner should have been tossed and never gotten an opportunity to take that shot and every Duke fan knows it.

Because they aren't a projected 5 seed. Reading the title of this post that's what I was thinking as well. But Lunardi has them a 8 seed which is pretty much in line with what everyone on the Bracket Matrix project has them as well.

And given that, if we are a 10/11 seed and they are say a 8/9 seed, there's really not a whole lot separating the two teams.

Latest update on Bracket Matrix has them as a 7 and us as a 9. We have better wins, but we also have worse losses. We're 18-9 to their 20-8. They're 4 spots higher than us in the NET.

South Carolina and to a lesser degree Georgia continue to be anchors on our resume, but there's not a ton of separation between them and us.

Reactions: The_Answer1313
Latest update on Bracket Matrix has them as a 7 and us as a 9. We have better wins, but we also have worse losses. We're 18-9 to their 20-8. They're 4 spots higher than us in the NET.

South Carolina and to a lesser degree Georgia continue to be anchors on our resume, but there's not a ton of separation between them and us.

Yeah in the end the two teams have similar resumes and will most likely have similar seeds.

Those 2 losses alone have kept UK out of the top 25 in the NET and the polls. At 20-7 we would still be in line for a 2 seed if we were to win out.

But that’s water under the bridge. Still need to win out to get up to a 4/5 seed with all the parity this year.

Duke is no better than we are and I would be perfectly content to play them in the NCAA Tournament.

Last edited:
Reactions: ganner918
Let them put Duke as a 1 seed. It won’t matter. They are not elite good. They know it and their fans know it. Even the Cameron vibes are different this year. Their game threads are 6 pages max

It’s still cool to be a Duke fan. But that is changing

Duke is 3-6 in road games and 3-2 in neutral site games. 6-8 away from Cameron Indoor.

Is Duke getting better? Their last 3 wins are Notre Dame(10-17), Syracuse(16-11), and Louisville(4-23).

ESPN is Duke's flagship station so of course they are going to overinflate the resume of Duke.

Duke is getting a lot better, they are finally healthy. Should have gotten the W at UVA but got absolutely hosed, that W would probably have Duke on the 4 line.

There are no dominant teams this year, feel like seeding matters very little but matchups will be more important. I’m also absolutely amazed that the OP posted this at 3AM with what looks like hours worth of research, guess Duke and Lunardi keep him up late at night?
Don't you virgins have your own board? I knew I would draw at least one of you out.😂

Yeah I might work different hours. Hours of research. I just can't.😄 I spent a whopping 15 mins on that post. I actually had most of that post in another thread on why MissSt should be firmly in and figured I would see what others thought of the Dook slurping from Goodman and Lunardo.

If you are a BB fan and on a board like this, pay attention to your own teams metrics you keep up with those around you and rivals. We are 33rd you all are 29th.

Ifs and buts. Gotta love it. UVA beat you. They also beat UL by 3 and 10-17 ND by 2 so you are in good company. You know your team is being overrated by most of the ESPN crew. Run along.

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32

The scary thing is the reveal show had them as a 6. Lunardo said last night to Seth they move up one line with their win and Seth about had a stroke and said it's against a 4 win team and he even said they only have 2 Quad 1 wins. Lunardo said I can move them back if you like and laughed. He also said a 4 is on the table. Well he worded it as they could get to the top 4 lines.

Last bracketology, Lunardi had them as 9. So moving up 1 seed line to 8 seems fine.
I never saw him having them lower than 6th. His brand new bracket from this morning has them as a 6 in Greensboro. Maybe he backed off of the line jump from last nights win after Seth kinda went at him over it.

Title says if your an UNC fan don't look. Yet he has them like 1 win away from in. He has the cheats as the first team out.😂😂😂

You all remember in 2017 where duke got hot and won the ACC tournament, the media was slobbering all over them and kept pushing for them to get a 1 seed even though they did not deserve it all, this year will be the same, ESPN will be pushing for them to get a 4 or 5 even though they have the resume of a 7 seed
I remember South Carolina manhandling duke in the NCAAT that year. It was hilarious watching duke players complain about not getting foul calls. The refs did kinda swallow their whistles that game, but we get that treatment quite often too.
The ACC doesn’t play physical ball, so they're at a disadvantage when the refs allow some physicality.

At least he does have the ACC down to 5 teams in. SEC 8. Of course he desperately wants to move the cheats up from that very last spot which would give them 6.

You guys are right. ESPN is desperate to get them both up as high as possible before that final matchup of the titans. 6th place vs 9th place for all the, well nothing.😂

Let them put Duke as a 1 seed. It won’t matter. They are not elite good. They know it and their fans know it. Even the Cameron vibes are different this year. Their game threads are 6 pages max

It’s still cool to be a Duke fan. But that is changing
You guys are concentrated on this one board. There are 5 active Duke boards.

I remember South Carolina manhandling duke in the NCAAT that year. It was hilarious watching duke players complain about not getting foul calls. The refs did kinda swallow their whistles that game, but we get that treatment quite often too.
The ACC doesn’t play physical ball, so they're at a disadvantage when the refs allow some physicality.
That and the game should have been played in North Carolina but there was that stupid transgender bathroom issue and all events got moved out of the state in 2017. South Carolina was essentially playing a home game as a 7 seed versus 2 seeded Duke.

Don't you virgins have your own board? I knew I would draw at least one of you out.😂

Yeah I might work different hours. Hours of research. I just can't.😄 I spent a whopping 15 mins on that post. I actually had most of that post in another thread on why MissSt should be firmly in and figured I would see what others thought of the Dook slurping from Goodman and Lunardo.

If you are a BB fan and on a board like this, pay attention to your own teams metrics you keep up with those around you and rivals. We are 33rd you all are 29th.

Ifs and buts. Gotta love it. UVA beat you. They also beat UL by 3 and 10-17 ND by 2 so you are in good company. You know your team is being overrated by most of the ESPN crew. Run along.
Wait…you’re a working adult?????

I may not like it but Lunardi understands history of the NCAA Tournament. So I'm in agreement and always expecting a great seed for them and playing in Greensboro the first couple rounds.

Tonight Lunardoturd said Dook moves up a seed line for beating UL. Even Seth Green argued with him and said they only have 2 Quad 1 wins. A F-ing seed line for beating #308 a Quad 4 team at home. They have 4 wins man! You can't make this shit up. He also says a 4 is possible.

Dook has 2 Quad 1 wins and hasn't gotten 1 since Dec 6 2022. (25 Xavier, 42 Iowa both neutral) They have 8 losses and are 6th in the ACC the 7th ranked conference. They lost to Clemson, a team with 3 Quad 4 losses and a Quad 3 loss too.

Dook has been blown out a lot. Half of their losses are dd:
Purdue 19
Wake 11
NCST 24
*Clemson 8 ( Not a blowout but a bad loss)
Miami 22

They have no big wins this year or in conference. Their best win is Xavier, good but not great. Not on the road vs top 10 like some. How can anyone look at their resume and get 5-6 seed? Please tell me. Maybe my hate clouds my judgement.
Duke has 3 quad 1 wins**

The Laettner game was a combination of refs and timer. Clock didn’t stop after made baskets in those days. Woods shot goes thru the hoop at about 2.7/2.6. After the ball goes thru you can see Laettner signal for time out. Clock operator cheated imo. Got the clock stopped at 2.2. There’s no way that was possible. Player had to signal, ref had to blow the whistle, and timer had to turn off the clock. Physically impossible in .4/.3.

I talked to a co-worker at IBM at the time who was a SW conference official. He said in timing issues it was considered, at that time, that it took a full second to signal timeout, the ref to blow the whistle, and the clock to be stopped.

If you watch the end of regulation, Hurley takes the last shot for Duke and UK rebounds and calls timeout but the timer (again further evidence of his cheating) lets the clock runout. The refs go to the monitor and the replay shows UK calling timeout at 1.8. Sure enough they take the standard 1 sec guide and put .8 on the clock.

Guess not so much the refs but that timer cheated. Laettner got the winning shot off at .3. Duke should have never had 2.2

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT