ADVERTISEMENT

Does Golden State win at Houston tonight?

A

I know you're being sarcastic, but as one person has mentioned, the GOAT retired 15 years ago, and any question about whether the 96 Bulls team could handle GSW ("The Greatest Team Ever") has also been pretty much answered over the past 2 games.

A mediocre defensive team in Houston has held the "unstoppable" Warriors offense below 100 points for 2 consecutive games by being physical and making GSW take contested shots. The Bulls specialized in this type of defense and they would do the same thing Houston is doing to the Warriors, except better. I also believe the 96 Bulls team would execute much better offensively late in the game than has Houston given that they had the real GOAT.
Houston ranked 6th in defensive efficiency this year.

Houston ranked 6th in defensive efficiency this year.

Good point...they have been pretty solid statistically all year, just going by the "eye test" on the "mediocre" comment.... seems they have a lot of lapses, but maybe that's just good GSW offense. A lot of their defensive efficiency is probably helped by their great offense. Much like GSW, when they get teams down big, their opponents tend to jack ill-advised shots and rush the offense trying to get back in the game. That's not a knock, just an observation. To his credit, Harden's defense early in G5 kept Houston in the game. He can be a pretty solid defender when engaged.

Good point...they have been pretty solid statistically all year, just going by the "eye test" on the "mediocre" comment.... seems they have a lot of lapses, but maybe that's just good GSW offense. A lot of their defensive efficiency is probably helped by their great offense. Much like GSW, when they get teams down big, their opponents tend to jack ill-advised shots and rush the offense trying to get back in the game. That's not a knock, just an observation. To his credit, Harden's defense early in G5 kept Houston in the game. He can be a pretty solid defender when engaged.
They built that team to surround Paul, Harden, and Capela with very good to elite level shooters and defenders. Their playoff rotation is stacked defensively outside of SG where they run Harden and Eric Gordon. Gerald Green isn't good defensively either but doesn't play a whole lot. Gordon at least plays hard on defense though. But unfortunately, arguably their most versatile defender, Mbah a Moute, has been limited most of the postseason due to a shoulder injury and hasn't played the last two games.

Last edited:
I totally agree. I posted a week or so ago that this has become an NBA board.

Is it really that hard for you all to just ignore the NBA posts? Or would you rather us sit around analyze recruits twitter feeds all off season?

And NBA is light years better than college. The defense, the shot making, the athleticism, all so much better than the NCAA.

Reactions: MWes11 and WildMoon
Is it really that hard for you all to just ignore the NBA posts? Or would you rather us sit around analyze recruits twitter feeds all off season?

And NBA is light years better than college. The defense, the shot making, the athleticism, all so much better than the NCAA.
The freedom of movement is what makes it great to me, on top of what you mentioned. That's what college officials tried to implement during the 2013-2014 season but gave up halfway through the season. I'm tired of the mugging that defensive players get away with. It causes low scoring games, which in turn turns people off. College basketball popularity continues to decline.

I'm sure everyone remembers us vs North Carolina in Vegas when Monk went for 47. Both teams scored over a hundred points because it was called like an NBA game. More of those please and screw the Damn big 10 rock fights.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT