ADVERTISEMENT

Does Golden State win at Houston tonight?

What worries me is that, was Harden ever told by staff/players to stop his game-ruining hold-ball-for-20-second play last night? Worse, did they tell him and he didn't listen?

It's like everyone else and their mother's knew it wasn't working. And it was when CP3 was in that we finally started to make stops and see TRUE offense.

And thats the NBA in a nustshell. Teams like the Spurs and individual players here and there still care but I associate the NBA with this BS. Being above being coached. Being above diving for a loose ball. Etc etc.

And thats the NBA in a nustshell. Teams like the Spurs and individual players here and there still care but I associate the NBA with this BS. Being above being coached. Being above diving for a loose ball. Etc etc.

Silly

To continue dogging the Rockets , I hate their offense , its all iso , all JH standing at the top of the key going 1 on 1 . Its not team offense , its like the polar opposite of what the spurs do ( who I've always admired )

I think people confused the evolution of game that spurs started. Houston offense is pretty lame.

But damn GSW. Wow. That's some insane team.

Reactions: ManitouDan

Maybe.. but I can say this.. the last two playoffs are firmly in Harden's head.. He collapsed last year, went missing.. I think there's still an APB out on him. Harden is just trying too hard and thinks he has to do it himself. All of the Rockets started that game tight. Gordon was one of them. They see Golden State, they know the uphill battle they have.

Make no mistake, the NBA is the best it's been since the mid 90's. Golden State does have a stranglehold right now, but that will end in a year or two when they have to start paying these guys. The talent on GSW is worth so much more than what the payroll is, and it isn't sustainable. Other than that, the NBA is in a great spot.

I think people confused the evolution of game that spurs started. Houston offense is pretty lame.

But damn GSW. Wow. That's some insane team.
Ugly is not lame.

Houston had the 2nd best offense in the league this year, just a notch behind Golden State. And really, the problem for them last night wasn't offense, especially not Harden. How do you argue against 14/24, 5/9 on 3's, and 8/10 FT's, no matter how ugly it might look?

Damn GSW is more the reality. No one is going to beat GS when they shoot 52.5% and hit 13 threes.

The Rockets actually can be neat to watch when they're not grinding the game down to a halt. Yeah, they run iso plays over and over, but the slower pace last night was a strategic choice that failed. When they play faster, those iso's are less stagnant, and Harden and Paul are both pretty brilliant playmakers.

To me , Rockets are poorly thought out team .. Harden has to have the ball to be effective , just has too , The D battery shaped C3PO is a pass first PG , he needs the ball to run the O .. they both cant have it . Part of the reason I hate the Rockets , there O is Beard iso , over and over and over . It is OK for some regular season wins over weaker teams , it isn't playoff winning ball.

Make no mistake, the NBA is the best it's been since the mid 90's. Golden State does have a stranglehold right now, but that will end in a year or two when they have to start paying these guys. The talent on GSW is worth so much more than what the payroll is, and it isn't sustainable. Other than that, the NBA is in a great spot.

This is probably true, but Klay and Green have both already said they would take less money to keep the team together and keep winning. Durant is already taking less money and Curry just signed a 5 year deal. It's not too crazy to see at least the core of that team stay together another 4 or 5 years. But saying you'll take less money and actually doing it are two very different things.

This is probably true, but Klay and Green have both already said they would take less money to keep the team together and keep winning. Durant is already taking less money and Curry just signed a 5 year deal. It's not too crazy to see at least the core of that team stay together another 4 or 5 years. But saying you'll take less money and actually doing it are two very different things.

It could happen, and boy would that suck. But I think mindsets will change by then. I can't see Draymond and Klay turning down max contract. ESPN radio guys just said Klay was a top12 player (I'm thinking more like a top15-18, personally). It's hard to know your that good and be willing to make that much less. It's also hard to be the 4th option on a team. He's such an after thought at this point.

But Klay is kind of a weird animal. He might be fine making millions, winning titles, being a 4th option.

Durant, as much as I loathe him for joining the Warriors, is such a joy to watch. He’s owning the area of the floor that Dirk used to own. Nothing you can do with a 7-foot small forward except pray he misses.

It could happen, and boy would that suck. But I think mindsets will change by then. I can't see Draymond and Klay turning down max contract. ESPN radio guys just said Klay was a top12 player (I'm thinking more like a top15-18, personally). It's hard to know your that good and be willing to make that much less. It's also hard to be the 4th option on a team. He's such an after thought at this point.

But Klay is kind of a weird animal. He might be fine making millions, winning titles, being a 4th option.

It will be interesting to see. It would be hard going from one of the greatest teams in NBA history to anything else. The money would obviously be great but could you imagine Draymond's attitude if he went to a team that finished 45-37 and got bounced in the first round of the playoffs?

It will be interesting to see. It would be hard going from one of the greatest teams in NBA history to anything else. The money would obviously be great but could you imagine Draymond's attitude if he went to a team that finished 45-37 and got bounced in the first round of the playoffs?

If he's truly a top15 player, he, along with a few other pieces, could make a contender. Not many guys want to play Robin their entire career, and he'll probably have 3 titles by then. Is Durant going to want more? He's kind of a bitch in general, and I can't see him being OK with only making 25 mil.

I guess there's just a lot of things that need to happen for this team to stick together.. Dray, Klay and Durant would ALL need to make sacrifices. So would the bench. Not just money, but from a legacy standpoint as well.

The suspension of Draymond gave Lebron his first and only ring in Cleveland.

That suspension also will end up building a dynasty in Golden St

I'm happy Cleveland won it all in 2016, but they got lucky with Draymond's suspension based on his reputation and Bogut's injury. No way they overcome a 1-3 deficit of those don't happen.

Because he plays for the Warriors and not from UK.

He threw hands at Harden, what, 65 seconds into Game 1?

I hope no one here is confusing hate for Draymond with not acknowledging his ability. He's a great player, he's also a great piece of shit.

He threw hands at Harden, what, 65 seconds into Game 1?

I hope no one here is confusing hate for Draymond with not acknowledging his ability. He's a great player, he's also a great piece of shit.

Lets be clear, many will tend to turn a blind eye to such behavior when its "their team." That was my point. Draymond is loved in the Bay, just like Cousins is loved in Sac and by UK fans.

From opposing fans and casual watchers standpoints...theyre both pos.

Cousins isn't even on the same level of doitchbaggery. Chris Paul is the only other big name player who is (but he's been much cleaner lately, and infinitely more quiet, than DG). And he's on my team. And I fully acknowledge he has a dirty past. He threw an elbow on KD in game 1, that I'm surprised wasn't a technical.

Draymond is on a level of his own. He consistently runs his mouth, acts tough, plays dirty, and to top it all off, for as good as he is, he has everything to owe to that organization.

Cousins isn't even on the same level of doitchbaggery. Chris Paul is the only other big name player who is (but he's been much cleaner lately, and infinitely more quiet, than DG). And he's on my team. And I fully acknowledge he has a dirty past. He threw an elbow on KD in game 1, that I'm surprised wasn't a technical.

Draymond is on a level of his own. He consistently runs his mouth, acts tough, plays dirty, and to top it all off, for as good as he is, he has everything to owe to that organization.

Houston fan, right?

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Ugly is not lame.

Houston had the 2nd best offense in the league this year, just a notch behind Golden State. And really, the problem for them last night wasn't offense, especially not Harden. How do you argue against 14/24, 5/9 on 3's, and 8/10 FT's, no matter how ugly it might look?

Damn GSW is more the reality. No one is going to beat GS when they shoot 52.5% and hit 13 threes.

The Rockets actually can be neat to watch when they're not grinding the game down to a halt. Yeah, they run iso plays over and over, but the slower pace last night was a strategic choice that failed. When they play faster, those iso's are less stagnant, and Harden and Paul are both pretty brilliant playmakers.

I think it was just in their heads. Houston totally went away from their game plan, yes, in part because of GSW's defense. But it was a lot of the game's magnitude. All pressure is on Houston, it's do or die time. And it certainly doesn't help that Harden had some serious PTSD in that game from series past. Houston had a serious case of a yips in game 1. But admittedly, I'm not sure they can overcome that.. we'll see tonight.

What kills me is that if Houston just played.. Not even 100% of tonight, like 80% of tonight.. For game 1.. They would be up 2-0 and this series would be close to over.

What kills me is that if Houston just played.. Not even 100% of tonight, like 80% of tonight.. For game 1.. They would be up 2-0 and this series would be close to over.

The damage may already have been done. GS now has home court and it will be tough for Houston to win there. I can't see GS playing that bad or shooting that bad again.

The damage may already have been done. GS now has home court and it will be tough for Houston to win there. I can't see GS playing that bad or shooting that bad again.

I do think game 1 was such an aberration. Game 2 is how they played all season. I believe Houston is absolutely good enough to beat GSW on the road, but it won't be easy, and there's no no room for error.

Houston basically won by 30 last night, but the Warriors brought it closer in garbage time.

Draymond is a POS but I’m not sure the warriors win those two championships without him. He also was the main recruiter for KD. I would say the organization owes him about as much as he owes them.

Draymond is a POS but I’m not sure the warriors win those two championships without him. He also was the main recruiter for KD. I would say the organization owes him about as much as he owes them.

I can't disagree. But again, I don't think anyone here is arguing that he sucks. I would say he is at least a BIT fortunate. He'd be lethal on Houston. But many other organizations he'd suffer. He's perfect for Golden State but you can't build a franchise around him like you can with about 10-12 other players.

Unfortunate because they threw away their advantage by losing that first home game.

I can't disagree. But again, I don't think anyone here is arguing that he sucks. I would say he is at least a BIT fortunate. He'd be lethal on Houston. But many other organizations he'd suffer. He's perfect for Golden State but you can't build a franchise around him like you can with about 10-12 other players.

I would structure it as before the warriors got KD, Draymond was more valuable to the Warriors than the Warriors were to him. Now that the Warriors have KD on top of Steph and Klay, Draymond has become a lot easier to “replace.”

Don't matter as the top 30 guys will be max types.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT