ADVERTISEMENT

Does Golden State win at Houston tonight?

Don't matter as the top 30 guys will be max types.

If they choose to be.

An interesting aspect of modern sports is how the money has gotten so big that it's completely possible for players to take way less than they're actually worth just so they can play on a better team. There is no functional, day-to-day difference between making 15 million dollars a year or 25 million dollars a year (unless you're a spendthrift maniac). Long-term, it just depends on how much the player is into empire building.

There are factors that work against it. Agents, ego, general human nature- meaning most people want salaries that represent how good they are at their jobs in relation to coworkers- and the fact that players are in a union that discourages anyone from taking less than they're really worth. Still, there's A LOT of value in playing on a great team.

I've seen projections that the Warriors could possibly have to pay 495 million in luxury tax bills for this season through 2021. Hard to think that's sustainable, and it will be fascinating to see which of their big 4 is the first to go (have to think Klay Thompson is the favorite there).

Last edited:
If they choose to be.

An interesting aspect of modern sports is how the money has gotten so big that it's completely possible for players to take way less than they're actually worth just so they can play on a better team. There is no functional, day-to-day difference between making 15 million dollars a year or 25 million dollars a year (unless you're a spendthrift maniac). Long-term, it just depends on how much the player in into empire building.

There are factors that work against it. Agents, ego, general human nature- meaning most people want salaries that represent how good they are at their jobs in relation to coworkers- and the fact that players are in a union that discourages anyone from taking less than they're really worth. Still, there's A LOT of value in playing on a great team.

I've seen projections that the Warriors could possibly have to pay 495 million in luxury tax bills for this season through 2021. Hard to think that's sustainable, and it will be fascinating to see which of their big 4 is the first to go (have to think Klay Thompson is the favorite there).

I'd think with the three ball that draymond would be the first out and least likely to get the big money from GSW.

I'd think with the three ball that draymond would be the first out and least likely to get the big money from GSW.
I think you're wrong.

Golden State's defense is built entirely around his defensive ability. I don't think they hesitate at all to give him a max contract and let Thompson go. Thompson is elite at a thing that Golden State can replace to a certain extent. Green, not so much.

It's a series now!

..just kidding, Houston sucks and will lose the next 3 games.. Winning 4 games against Golden State throughout the year and the playoffs means nothing because curry was injured/not-injured.

Good win by Houston. Iggy didn't play though so do not put much stock in it IMO.

I think Warriors win in 6/7. I think Houston winning game 5 will be their last win...that said, doubt they can even do that.

Good win by Houston. Iggy didn't play though so do not put much stock in it IMO.

I think Warriors win in 6/7. I think Houston winning game 5 will be their last win...that said, doubt they can even do that.

Weird, I was told that they don't need him and he's not important.

I knew the second he was out Golden State was in trouble. He's still an MVP/all-star caliber player and a great defender. GSW is built on pieces and those pieces have roles. Hard to replace Iggy's minutes.

Weird, I was told that they don't need him and he's not important.

I knew the second he was out Golden State was in trouble. He's still an MVP/all-star caliber player and a great defender. GSW is built on pieces and those pieces have roles. Hard to replace Iggy's minutes.

I thought they would win, but it would be closer without him. Beating Houston by 40+ and then losing Iggy for game 4 was the worst combo possible for the Warriors. I still don't know what the hell happened to their offense last night...was atrocious at times. That likely won't happen again.

How long Iggy out ? the prospect of beard and midget playing in the finals saddens me .

I thought they would win, but it would be closer without him. Beating Houston by 40+ and then losing Iggy for game 4 was the worst combo possible for the Warriors. I still don't know what the hell happened to their offense last night...was atrocious at times. That likely won't happen again.

Well, this is kind of what I'm joking about above. Houston has now beaten them 4 times this year, spread quite literally, the entire length of the season. Is it possible Houston isn't that far off from them? Or that their defense is better than people give them credit for and much improved? Ok Rockets got an easy win without Iggy.. But Golden State got an easy win in the regular season when we didn't have Harden.

Houston LOST game 1 and 3.. They did it to themselves (Game 3 was also a shelling from GSW, I'll give them that). It's literally what everyone talked about on sports radio the next day. Why did Houston go away from what worked, not once, but twice?

When Houston plays their game they don't lose much, not even to Golden State. I like their chances to take this series now that it's 2-2.

Might as well go ahead and bump this back up. Now, does Golden State win at Houston TONIGHT (The 24th) ???

Is Thompson out too? I know Iggy is. That kind of annoys me. I wanted to beat Golden State when they're fully healthy, because the Rockets can clearly hang and bang with them.

But yeah, without those two Houston is going to put up 120+. Golden State will need to be on their shit.. and without Klay, our guards are going to straight-up terrorize Steph.

I may have to watch my first NBA game in years, just so I can root like hell for the Rockets to beat that loser Kerr.

Since this has become an NBA message board, I can name a Houston Rocket player. Jimmy Harden!

San Francisco has Steve Curry, Draymond Green, and Kyle Thompson. Who says I can’t name some NBA players?

I also know the names of the coaches. Steve Liberal Kerr, and Rudy Tomjanivich.

Reactions: crpoore and coach-2
Houston played the same shit basketball in game 1 and 3.. and still won.

Cp3 did walk off on his own. I think he's fine. If not. Rest him for game 6.. No chance Houston is allowed to close out the series in 6 games anyways.

That was an awesome game
It was a close one. I can’t believe Houston pulled it off. Harden was absolutely putrid. 0-11 from three. And it seemed like every time he drove to the hoop, he did it into traffic and turned it over. The whole team shot like 37%. Golden State was just barely careless enough to lose.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
It was a close one. I can’t believe Houston pulled it off. Harden was absolutely putrid. 0-11 from three. And it seemed like every time he drove to the hoop, he did it into traffic and turned it over. The whole team shot like 37%. Golden State was just barely careless enough to lose.
Houston got that W though. Never much of a Harden fan but God I hope they knock the Warriors out. A team that stacked not even making the finals would be beautiful. Not to mention good for the league.

It's quite amazing. Harden was a train wreck tonight.. And not just shooting. He continues to revert to iso'ing for 15 seconds. Houston should have lost tonight.. But at the same time, if they'd just stick to ball movement and short-span iso's this series might have been over by now. Such an infuriating team.. For the entire playoffs.

Past 2 games GS has been chit for brains especially late. Turnovers, bricks, wild shots, etc. Not sure whats going on, but have gotten away from what makes them great. Need Iggy back. Next game or two will be interesting. Houston looking only slightly better but getting the Ws. Both teams capable of much more.

Reactions: jrpross
I may have to watch my first NBA game in years, just so I can root like hell for the Rockets to beat that loser Kerr.

Since this has become an NBA message board, I can name a Houston Rocket player. Jimmy Harden!

San Francisco has Steve Curry, Draymond Green, and Kyle Thompson. Who says I can’t name some NBA players?

I also know the names of the coaches. Steve Liberal Kerr, and Rudy Tomjanivich.

In my opinion, I am so sick of the nba talk around here it’s nauseating. Player X worked out for the 76ers. Coach X was fired by Team X. Player X is set to receive a big contract. Player X is working out for 2 teams this week. Player X is coming out of retirement. Will team X beat team Y? I hate Lebron, I love Lebron. On and on and on. I don’t decide what’s posted and people can do what they want, but imo gah........gonna have to log off until the nba season passes because it’s too thick. It’s a rather boring league these days anyway, why constantly break down an already decided playoffs for the most part?

But I don’t make the rules and don’t want to.

Reactions: kev69
Houston got that W though. Never much of a Harden fan but God I hope they knock the Warriors out. A team that stacked not even making the finals would be beautiful. Not to mention good for the league.

I second this. The league needs more excitement.

In my opinion, I am so sick of the nba talk around here it’s nauseating. Player X worked out for the 76ers. Coach X was fired by Team X. Player X is set to receive a big contract. Player X is working out for 2 teams this week. Player X is coming out of retirement. Will team X beat team Y? I hate Lebron, I love Lebron. On and on and on. I don’t decide what’s posted and people can do what they want, but imo gah........gonna have to log off until the nba season passes because it’s too thick. It’s a rather boring league these days anyway, why constantly break down an already decided playoffs for the most part?

I totally agree. I posted a week or so ago that this has become an NBA board.

Is there a chance that the greatest team ever formed and the GOAT could possibly miss the finals?

Reactions: jrpross
Is there a chance that the greatest team ever formed and the GOAT could possibly miss the finals?
The GOAT has been retired for 15 years :cool: but I get what you’re saying. And that’s what I’m pulling for!

I totally agree. I posted a week or so ago that this has become an NBA board.
It’s only temporary. During the offseason there’s only so many subjects you can come up with about college basketball. The nba is just something to talk about from April-June.

Agree to disagree on this.

If anyone wastes any of their weekend watching either Game 6 they just have no life.

Warriors and Cavs both by double digits...I'd bet my life on it.

Anyone care to guess what happens in both game 7s? The road teams will both magically win I bet

Reactions: morgousky
The GOAT has been retired for 15 years :cool: but I get what you’re saying. And that’s what I’m pulling for!

It’s only temporary. During the offseason there’s only so many subjects you can come up with about college basketball. The nba is just something to talk about from April-June.
A

I know you're being sarcastic, but as one person has mentioned, the GOAT retired 15 years ago, and any question about whether the 96 Bulls team could handle GSW ("The Greatest Team Ever") has also been pretty much answered over the past 2 games.

A mediocre defensive team in Houston has held the "unstoppable" Warriors offense below 100 points for 2 consecutive games by being physical and making GSW take contested shots. The Bulls specialized in this type of defense and they would do the same thing Houston is doing to the Warriors, except better. I also believe the 96 Bulls team would execute much better offensively late in the game than has Houston given that they had the real GOAT.

If anyone wastes any of their weekend watching either Game 6 they just have no life.

Anyone care to guess what happens in both game 7s? The road teams will both magically win I bet
Are you a betting man? If so, you should absolutely throw all of your life saving on the Cavs -7 with your confidence level. Get rich!!!!

Your life??? Dang, just dang...

I will gladly watch LeBron put on a potential legendary performance tonight as they manhandle the Celtics, and I'm a Celtics fan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT