ADVERTISEMENT

Dickinson straight from his mouth …insinuates Oscar not returning

I think he's very interested. He wouldn't be taking another visit if he wasn't.
I’m not saying he isn’t interested, but if you listened to that interview and felt UK was at the top of the list based on what he said and his tone then you’re way more optimistic than I am. And I get called a sunshine pumper lol.

Reactions: NociHTTP
If he comes and is as good as Henderson was at Ole Miss bring it on. I want us to tell teams we are coming into their house and taking their girlfriends. Like it used to be!
Henderson and Devendorf were some of the most abrasive yet fun players to watch. Much rather have arrogant trash talkers than can back it up then whatever pussywillow regimen that Duke’s players go through to end up so typically Duke.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
That dude seems cocky and arrogant as hell. I'm not sure how's he going to be for team chemistry. Weren't some Michigan fans saying they were glad he's leaving for that very reason? I'm not sure how big of a get he really is.
He is really cocky, and I don’t know about Michigan fans being excited or not they may have been. From Kentuckys perspective if he wants to come here they can’t say no. Oscar isn’t making a decision until late may, and Kentucky needs a center, so you have to take Dickinson. I honestly have a small feeling he may be using Kentucky to get more money from Kansas, Maryland and gtown

He is really cocky, and I don’t know about Michigan fans being excited or not they may have been. From Kentuckys perspective if he wants to come here they can’t say no. Oscar isn’t making a decision until late may, and Kentucky needs a center, so you have to take Dickinson. I honestly have a small feeling he may be using Kentucky to get more money from Kansas, Maryland and gtown
Andrew Slater made a comment that Kansas is all in on him.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
I do think he is waiting on Oscar. If Oscar leaves it's probably 50/50 Kansas/Kentucky. Nova is a dark horse.

Bill Russell, Chuck Hayes and Dennis Rodman said Hi.
All three of those guys were heads and shoulders above Oscar for one reason or another.

Russell played above the rim (WAY above the rim), and was a fantastic scorer.

Chuck Hayes was a better ball handler and distributor, and way better defender than Oscar. He also more love for UK than most guys that have ever been here. He's the quintessential teammate. Guys in the NBA would also agree.

Rodman was an elite defender and rebounder at the NBA level. Apparently he was very, very good at the collegiate level. One has to read his story to learn why he played where he did in college.

You're going to have to drop a few rings on the ladder to find players comparable to Oscar. It isn't fair to Oscar to compare him to those three guys.

You just have to be smart enough to read between the lines. He said enough for people with common sense to see what is happening.
Sounds to me like Oscar told the staff a few days ago that he wanted to come back. Then, something happened IMO. Maybe Cal talked him into staying in the draft, idk. But, Geoff on HOB didn’t just pull the “Oscar is returning” out of his ass. He absolutely heard that. Just odd all the way around.

Henderson and Devendorf were some of the most abrasive yet fun players to watch. Much rather have arrogant trash talkers than can back it up then whatever pussywillow regimen that Duke’s players go through to end up so typically Duke.
We've had a bunch of pu**ies on our teams for years now. I can't stand Duke and the crazies, but UK seriously needs to do some self introspection.

All three of those guys were heads and shoulders above Oscar for one reason or another.

Russell played above the rim (WAY above the rim), and was a fantastic scorer.

Chuck Hayes was a better ball handler and distributor, and way better defender than Oscar. He also more love for UK than most guys that have ever been here. He's the quintessential teammate. Guys in the NBA would also agree.

Rodman was an elite defender and rebounder at the NBA level. Apparently he was very, very good at the collegiate level. One has to read his story to learn why he played where he did in college.

You're going to have to drop a few rings on the ladder to find players comparable to Oscar. It isn't fair to Oscar to compare him to those three guys.
Actually wasn’t comparing them to Oscar, but using them as proof you can be a devastating player Without emphasis on scoring. I don’t think Hayes was head and shoulders above Oscar. Both are warriors on the court.

Hopefully all those that claim that Cal is coasting and needs to get off his ass, they should take note. He goes after the best of the best. Best freshmen coming in, and he flies to see the #1 guy in the portal.
Or Cal is willing to fly to Michigan just to let Oscar know he shouldn’t come back. Then Oscar leaves and Dickinson goes somewhere else.

Or Cal is willing to fly to Michigan just to let Oscar know he shouldn’t come back. Then Oscar leaves and Dickinson goes somewhere else.
What should he do?Wait around for Oscar to decide and lose out on other options.If Oscar leaves at the last minute we are screwed either way.

This guy is usually right when he says stuff, but I don’t know why they wouldn’t take a commitment if Dickinson were ready to commit

LOL!!! Yeah, dream on. That mentality is why you and a few others like you are consistently wrong. It’s called throwing *sh* against the wall to see what sticks. Stated another way, even blind hogs occasionally find a mushroom.

You got more of that sort of ammo than most, Jeffy. I’ll give you that.
Oh really, what have we been wrong about? Oh I know, we sll thought Cal could go further in the tournament and maybe NOT lose to South Carolina at home. Yup, we were definitely wrong about those things. Ya got us.

But back to Hunter's comments, if you can’t read between the lines, that’s on you.

Actually wasn’t comparing them to Oscar, but using them as proof you can be a devastating player Without emphasis on scoring. I don’t think Hayes was head and shoulders above Oscar. Both are warriors on the court.
Russel, Hayes and Rodman were great, but can you find a single player like them in the NBA presently? Draymond Greene, but he can score.

Every team is probably all in on him. Just because it’s Kansas are you scared? It’s all semantics depending on the dramatic writer.
Scared? I don't care where he goes. And I don't know anything about him first hand, but he comes off as kind of an ass in my opinion. I also heard that a lot of Michigan fans are glad he's leaving. I was simply responding to a conversation I was in with @Dontworryboutit23

Did I watch a different video?

Didn’t insinuate he was gone.. maybe that it was a legitimate possibility.

Also his word choice to be made it sound like he has very little interest in coming here. Was a few hours ago so not an exact quote but it was like, for me to even have slight interest obviously there can’t be Oscar. It wasn’t “ Kentucky is a place I would love to be if there situation works out”

Reactions: westerncat
Did I watch a different video?

Didn’t insinuate he was gone.. maybe that it was a legitimate possibility.

Also his word choice to be made it sound like he has very little interest in coming here. Was a few hours ago so not an exact quote but it was like, for me to even have slight interest obviously there can’t be Oscar. It wasn’t “ Kentucky is a place I would love to be if there situation works out”
Of course he wouldn't come if Oscar was here,lol.

Scared? I don't care where he goes. And I don't know anything about him first hand, but he comes off as kind of an ass in my opinion. I also heard that a lot of Michigan fans are glad he's leaving. I was simply responding to a conversation I was in with @Dontworryboutit23
Yeah he wasn’t sacred man, he was just having a conversation with me, he doesn’t have any reason to be scared with as loaded as duke will be next year

Oh really, what have we been wrong about? Oh I know, we sll thought Cal could go further in the tournament and maybe NOT lose to South Carolina at home. Yup, we were definitely wrong about those things. Ya got us.

But back to Hunter's comments, if you can’t read between the lines, that’s on you.
You mean make up random bullshit that nobody actually said.

Too much to list that you’ve been wrong about. So I’ll list what you’ve been right about. I’ll get back to you on that.

Russel, Hayes and Rodman were great, but can you find a single player like them in the NBA presently? Draymond Greene, but he can score.
Don’t think there is skill close to that in the NBA now. I gave up watching the NBA long ago. Pathetic basketball. Very unskilled, one dimensional play. Some offensive acrobatics but mostly one on one fan candy.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
that's been said the last 2 years & uk couldn't even win the sec let alone make the final four
This. Ppl are overestimating Reeves roll if he comes back as well…I’d personally play him as many minutes as possible but he was our best scorer all year even in the Bahamas and exhibition play and Cal let him ride the bench down the stretch of the MSU game (after the game saying “maybe I should have put Antonio in and let him get buckets”)…..and then to start SEC play Cal had our him back into a spot minutes role and he was playing 13-17 minutes until injuries in our backcourt and Toppin from the South Carolina game on. Cal was forced to play him and he took off and became our biggest weapon.

The only game after that that we had a full roster was Florida at home and guess what?…Cal played him less than 20 minutes again. Cal will play his freshmen first and then anyone else like Livingston who has a chance at the NBA bc measurables but lacks skills but is still young enough for the infamous “potential” to be pushed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT