ADVERTISEMENT

Dickinson straight from his mouth …insinuates Oscar not returning

Some just don't like Oscar for certain reasons and won't admit it. Some are basketball related, some are not. It's that simple.
Final four team he says as he can't even say his name right. [roll]
Fixed it lol. You seem like you’re wanting UK and especially Cal to fail this year. That team would have four possible first rounders, an all American, Reeves and the rest of the bench. That on paper is close to Cal’s best roster he’s had at Kentucky.

Reactions: gharding07
I think Cal wants Oscar to leave also but he has to get that idea out there indirectly in order to not alienate the fans. Oscar didn't put up with Cal playing his favorites and said something about it so Cal doesn't want that type of personality on the team. Might get bashed for that opinion but it is what it is.
Oscar played to win, while ccc plays favorites
Oscar spoke up & ccc wants only "yes" men as players & staff

This is all my opinion, so no need to bash or tell me I don’t have facts……I stipulate…

Cal has wanted Oscar to leave since season ended. Too many things said and done by each through the season show me that they weren’t on the same page. I personally don’t think either of them really wants to work with the other for another year. However, Oscar may not have a lot of choices outside of transferring if he doesn’t come back.

Cal can’t just flat out say he doesn’t want Oscar back. He instead says random shit to get this to O and his people. I’ll play two seven footers? He announced O putting his name in the draft? He obviously isn’t shy about flying to meet Hd? He obviously tells certain media to report that there is convo happening with HD? Surely he knew HD would be talking about “I’m not going to say what I know about Oscar because he is his own person, but I feel comfortable enough to visit knowing what I know so that’s news there.” Cal probably urging him to say just that.

This is Cals way of softening the blow. Just trying to get it out there. I’m guessing Oscar has already told Cal he don’t want to be back, or HD probably doesn’t even set a visit.

It is what it is. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if I would like Oscar to return. What matters is what that relationship would be like if he did; how we would have to play; what type of issues would most likely to come up during the season……..probably best for Oscar to not be here.

So let’s roll with Hunter. If he wants to be here, let’s go with it. Not sure it’ll work much better than last two seasons, but probably not a great idea to run it back for #3 when it’s so so apparent that neither of them really want to be around each other.
you may be corredt, but instead of Oscar leaving.....how about ccc packing his bags & move on down the highway

Fixed it lol. You seem like you’re wanting UK and especially Cal to fail this year. That team would have four possible first rounders, an all American, Reeves and the rest of the bench. That on paper is close to Cal’s best roster he’s had at Kentucky.
I put all the incessant Cal haters on ignore so as not to see their vomit, so you are way off base. I'm not against Dickinson at all, but am against heaping a ridiculous amont of blame on Oscar. Good luck to you.

I think he wants him to leave as well. I mean on national TV he said his defense sucked and put his finger to his mouth like he was gagging. I just am shaking my head that people think getting rid of Oscar and bring in Dickinson will make some drastic change for the better. Rude awakening.
should have gotten the kid from Oregon, good upside, mush more mobile than Dickinson

lol... you like to claim I go that church...but you are wrong on everything
Cal's problem is getting the best of the best (lately)
You really thought that last year's team was a top 5 team...LOL
Excuse me??

-I didn't address you. At all. But if the boot fits...
-there's a decent debate for that
-when have I ever said I thought last year was a top five team??

Friend, I think you have me confused with someone else.

Did Oscar not do those things last year? You saw it with your own eyes too. I love my wife, she’s not perfect. My wife loves me. I’m not perfect. All I am saying is whatever Hunter’s “antics” are, they will be no worse than Oscar’s.
wonder how many 20 rebound games HD will have?

Yes the people that put the blame on Oscar for the teams struggles are either blind to how team sports work or actually not Kentucky fans. Those people are the worst of the bunch and not really worth engaging in any type of back and forth with. Oscar has been undeniably great and I would love to have him another year.

I listened to that. Amateurish interviewer. Dickinson actually said absolutely nothing about Oscar staying or going. In fact he evaded the issue completely and explicitly said he could not discuss it. Further he made it quite clear he made no decisions whatsoever. Cal’s visit was simply to talk and arrange a trip to Lexington. Nothing to see here.

I don't like him being a trash talker.
My son said he has a podcast where he trash talks, as well as saying some "controversial stuff". That's all we need, locker room chalk board material for our opponents.
As long as that controversial stuff is just trash-talking the opponent, I'm fine with that it if helps him to get amped up. If it's relating to stuff we've been seeing in the news of late (hint: politics), then he can stay right where he's at.

I dont really get that bottom tweet. What's he basing that off of?
Oscar doesn’t make people around him better , he’s not ideal for a slasher like Livingston hanging out in the lane and he’s one of the worst passers in the post you’ll ever come across . It’s also possible some didn’t get along with Oscar that well . Him not being around the lodge rubbed some the wrong way they say , as well as some others stuff

Reactions: lsb34m3 and Mike-D
I listened to that. Amateurish interviewer. Dickinson actually said absolutely nothing about Oscar staying or going. In fact he evaded the issue completely and explicitly said he could not discuss it. Further he made it quite clear he made no decisions whatsoever. Cal’s visit was simply to talk and arrange a trip to Lexington. Nothing to see here.

My take - HD said he wasn’t going to say either way, he said what he heard was good enough to set a visit and.not deter him. I’m taking this as Oscar is likely gone. Or he is going to be given the opp to commit and get the spot if Oscar doesn’t decide before then.

Oscar doesn’t make people around him better , he’s not ideal for a slasher like Livingston hanging out in the lane and he’s one of the worst passers in the post you’ll ever come across . It’s also possible some didn’t get along with Oscar that well . Him not being around the lodge rubbed some the wrong way they say , as well as some others stuff

So Dickinson made his teammates so much better that they missed the tournament this year and did didly last year.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
So Dickinson made his teammates so much better that they missed the tournament this year and did didly last year.
If Livingston really feels that way , it’d have to be something like that . Who knows if that’s correct , tho . I think its likely UK would have to wait till late May to get an answer from Oscar , and that’s what the deal is ….if they waited and got neither Dickinson nor Oscar , but couldve had Dickinson there would be a revolt . I’d be ok with him ….all of a sudden we’re a stud front line , for sure. He’s game is solid . He’s a good passer out of the post

The first part of the OP's thread title.

Cringe No GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Blueheart32
don't forget wheeler stunk it up against st peters & toppin & reeves stunk gainst Kansas state, yet Oscar is the blame
if he does leave, see how many offensive rebounds the opponent gets compared to how many UK gets
Sigh. You do not win games just by getting more rebounds. Please tell me you understand this. If Oscar did what he was supposed to do, instead of running his mouth to the media about other guys and his coach, his teammates would have gotten better looks and other guys might have gotten more development time. This isn't a 2K video game where the action is player-to-player-to-player. The game does not stop outside of the one guy you're moving around with a controller.

Reactions: gharding07
Sigh. You do not win games just by getting more rebounds. Please tell me you understand this. If Oscar did what he was supposed to do, instead of running his mouth to the media about other guys and his coach, his teammates would have gotten better looks and other guys might have gotten more development time. This isn't a 2K video game where the action is player-to-player-to-player. The game does not stop outside of the one guy you're moving around with a controller.
In any event , you can’t wait till late May when Oscar gets his feedback and is able to make a decision. You wont just lose Dickenson, but other possibilities as well

I won't be mad either way if the Wildcats get Oscar back or Dickinson is at the 5 next season.

Oscar making Reeves go 1 for 15 against K-State, most wide open looks, is unforgiveable.

The Dickinson sweepstakes this next week is going to be fun to watch. Kansas, Maryland, Georgetown, Kentucky, and. Villanova all fell like they are getting him or have a really good shot at getting him

If he had trouble with Oscars personality,wait until Dickinsons mouth starts spewing...that's IF he comes here.
You are spot on. This guy wouldn't get along with Cal for 5 seconds. I could easily see this guy wanting to lay hands on Cal in a non-spiritual way. There is nothing about the way he sounds suggest that he would tolerate Cal's put-downs.

My take - HD said he wasn’t going to say either way, he said what he heard was good enough to set a visit and.not deter him. I’m taking this as Oscar is likely gone. Or he is going to be given the opp to commit and get the spot if Oscar doesn’t decide before then.
I agree he wasn’t going to say either way. There is no data in that interview whatsoever about Oscar.

Did Oscar not do those things last year? You saw it with your own eyes too. I love my wife, she’s not perfect. My wife loves me. I’m not perfect. All I am saying is whatever Hunter’s “antics” are, they will be no worse than Oscar’s.
I think it is laughable to suggest any comparison between Oscar and this dude.

This is all my opinion, so no need to bash or tell me I don’t have facts……I stipulate…

Cal has wanted Oscar to leave since season ended. Too many things said and done by each through the season show me that they weren’t on the same page. I personally don’t think either of them really wants to work with the other for another year. However, Oscar may not have a lot of choices outside of transferring if he doesn’t come back.

Cal can’t just flat out say he doesn’t want Oscar back. He instead says random shit to get this to O and his people. I’ll play two seven footers? He announced O putting his name in the draft? He obviously isn’t shy about flying to meet Hd? He obviously tells certain media to report that there is convo happening with HD? Surely he knew HD would be talking about “I’m not going to say what I know about Oscar because he is his own person, but I feel comfortable enough to visit knowing what I know so that’s news there.” Cal probably urging him to say just that.

This is Cals way of softening the blow. Just trying to get it out there. I’m guessing Oscar has already told Cal he don’t want to be back, or HD probably doesn’t even set a visit.

It is what it is. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if I would like Oscar to return. What matters is what that relationship would be like if he did; how we would have to play; what type of issues would most likely to come up during the season……..probably best for Oscar to not be here.

So let’s roll with Hunter. If he wants to be here, let’s go with it. Not sure it’ll work much better than last two seasons, but probably not a great idea to run it back for #3 when it’s so so apparent that neither of them really want to be around each other.
What more do you expect from a piece of crap like Cal? His winning days are over no matter what so all he has left is his sideshow. He would have a difficult time making it to the final 4 with a team of NBA players.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
The Dickinson sweepstakes this next week is going to be fun to watch. Kansas, Maryland, Georgetown, Kentucky, and. Villanova all fell like they are getting him or have a really good shot at getting him
That dude seems cocky and arrogant as hell. I'm not sure how's he going to be for team chemistry. Weren't some Michigan fans saying they were glad he's leaving for that very reason? I'm not sure how big of a get he really is.

You just have to be smart enough to read between the lines. He said enough for people with common sense to see what is happening.
LOL!!! Yeah, dream on. That mentality is why you and a few others like you are consistently wrong. It’s called throwing *sh* against the wall to see what sticks. Stated another way, even blind hogs occasionally find a mushroom.

You got more of that sort of ammo than most, Jeffy. I’ll give you that.

Bill Russell, Chuck Hayes and Dennis Rodman said Hi.

Reactions: NociHTTP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT