ADVERTISEMENT

Dickinson straight from his mouth …insinuates Oscar not returning

Hopefully all those that claim that Cal is coasting and needs to get off his ass, they should take note. He goes after the best of the best. Best freshmen coming in, and he flies to see the #1 guy in the portal.
No doubt he could help.Hes talented....just have to live with his antics

Interesting that the people that want Oscar to leave because "we can't win with him" want Dickinson.........who didn't make the tournament last year.
I'm not in love with Dickinson as a player, but he's been much further than Oscar has in the tournament. Was the leading scorer on their Elite 8 team a few years ago

I don't like him being a trash talker.
My son said he has a podcast where he trash talks, as well as saying some "controversial stuff". That's all we need, locker room chalk board material for our opponents.
According to this article if you rile him up he’ll make you pay lol

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I'm not in love with Dickinson as a player, but he's been much further than Oscar has in the tournament. Was the leading scorer on their Elite 8 team a few years ago

We must be watching different games. Can you post what Oscar's numbers were in those tournament games? He went NUTS in the tournament.....he averaged 21 pts and 20 rebounds. But his defense is why we lost and not stuff like Reeves going 1 for 15? Give me a break. Heaping the blame of the tournament woe's on Oscar is shameful.

Last edited:
Cal to Dickerson on him and Oscar: "I'll play you 2 together like I did 7'0 Karl and 7'0 Willie in 15. And guess what, they were picks #1 and #6 in the draft that June."
lol

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Two things I got from the vid. He doesn’t seem very enthusiastic about UK, and it sounds like Oscar is gone. Wouldn’t pencil him in the roster by any means even if we know Oscar is leaving.
Not sure what Oscar will do really.I think he leaves one way or the other even if I'd prefer he stay.. one thing that puzzles me is why Calipari would announce Oscar going to the draft before Oscar did.Almost as if Calipari wants him to leave or that's the way I'm looking at it.

Hopefully all those that claim that Cal is coasting and needs to get off his ass, they should take note. He goes after the best of the best. Best freshmen coming in, and he flies to see the #1 guy in the portal.
This is what the Church of Cal faithful will never comprehend; it's NOT his ability to get guys. It's what he does after he gets them. In game stuff. How is this just so difficult for people to understand??

I think Cal wants Oscar to leave also but he has to get that idea out there indirectly in order to not alienate the fans. Oscar didn't put up with Cal playing his favorites and said something about it so Cal doesn't want that type of personality on the team. Might get bashed for that opinion but it is what it is.

I think Cal wants Oscar to leave also but he has to get that idea out there indirectly in order to not alienate the fans. Oscar didn't put up with Cal playing his favorites and said something about it so Cal doesn't want that type of personality on the team. Might get bashed for that opinion but it is what it is.
If he had trouble with Oscars personality,wait until Dickinsons mouth starts spewing...that's IF he comes here.

We must be watching different games. Can you post what Oscar's numbers were in those tournament games? He went NUTS in the tournament.....he averaged 21 pts and 20 rebounds. But his defense is why we lost and not stuff like Reeves going 1 for 15? Give me a break. You guys heaping the blame of the tournament woe's on Oscar are shameful.
I didn't say we lost because of Oscar, I only said Dickinson has gone much further than Oscar has in the tournament. Your original comment that I was responding to left out some important history.

If he had trouble with Oscars personality,wait until Dickinsons mouth starts spewing...that's IF he comes here.
It's different though man Dickinson is a front runner who will be perfectly ok being Cals guy and getting all the playing time he wants. Dickinson wouldn't get lippy with Cal because of what Cal can do for him as far as NBA connections amd etc. The ones Dickinson would get lippy with are his own teammates whenever he needs someone to blame for a play breaking down or something along those lines.

This is what the Church of Cal faithful will never comprehend; it's NOT his ability to get guys. It's what he does after he gets them. In game stuff. How is this just so difficult for people to understand??
I have serious concerns about what Cal will do with them once he gets them. I've also see the talk that that post is directly referring to, people HAVE been accusing Cal of coasting and not trying to get guys in the portal. What people truly have difficulty understanding is that you don't have to be a 100% hater or a 100% stan. Defending someone against accusation X doesn't mean you are necessarily defending against or ignoring accusations Y and Z. Criticizing someone for X doesn't mean you MUST believe accusations Y and Z. Stop putting everyone into little boxes.

This is all my opinion, so no need to bash or tell me I don’t have facts……I stipulate…

Cal has wanted Oscar to leave since season ended. Too many things said and done by each through the season show me that they weren’t on the same page. I personally don’t think either of them really wants to work with the other for another year. However, Oscar may not have a lot of choices outside of transferring if he doesn’t come back.

Cal can’t just flat out say he doesn’t want Oscar back. He instead says random shit to get this to O and his people. I’ll play two seven footers? He announced O putting his name in the draft? He obviously isn’t shy about flying to meet Hd? He obviously tells certain media to report that there is convo happening with HD? Surely he knew HD would be talking about “I’m not going to say what I know about Oscar because he is his own person, but I feel comfortable enough to visit knowing what I know so that’s news there.” Cal probably urging him to say just that.

This is Cals way of softening the blow. Just trying to get it out there. I’m guessing Oscar has already told Cal he don’t want to be back, or HD probably doesn’t even set a visit.

It is what it is. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if I would like Oscar to return. What matters is what that relationship would be like if he did; how we would have to play; what type of issues would most likely to come up during the season……..probably best for Oscar to not be here.

So let’s roll with Hunter. If he wants to be here, let’s go with it. Not sure it’ll work much better than last two seasons, but probably not a great idea to run it back for #3 when it’s so so apparent that neither of them really want to be around each other.

I didn't say we lost because of Oscar, I only said Dickinson has gone much further than Oscar has in the tournament. Your original comment that I was responding to left out some important history.
Michigan has deteriorated the last 2 years with him starting and didn't even make the tournament last year. You left that out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT