ADVERTISEMENT

Delphi, IN Murders

The story says they're looking for evidence that will either link him or exonerate him for the crimes.
Indy news just reported 10 minutes ago that police are searching this guys home right now.

Man, that would be something if they found evidence against him. It's certainly going to have a lot of focus put back on the case as the investigation drags on over a month into it.

Yeah, but if they don't find anything this case is getting ready to go cold.

The authorities probably had him as the prime suspect from the get go, which is why he was arrested for something else in order to keep him from bolting.
They were also waiting for DNA results to return, now they have probable cause so now they are searching his farm.

The story says they're looking for evidence that will either link him or exonerate him for the crimes.

What exactly is that supposed to mean? Evidence that would "exonerate" him? How is that even possible?

They might not find anything, but that's not the same as actually finding something that "exonerates" him. Either they'll find incriminating evidence, or they won't. If they do, he's the guy. If they don't, they'll still be suspicious.

Those are the only two real possibilities. Implying that they're searching to prove this guy is innocent is just silly.

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
What exactly is that supposed to mean? Evidence that would "exonerate" him? How is that even possible?

They might not find anything, but that's not the same as actually finding something that "exonerates" him. Either they'll find incriminating evidence, or they won't. If they do, he's the guy. If they don't, they'll still be suspicious.

Those are the only two real possibilities. Implying that they're searching to prove this guy is innocent is just silly.

That's what the officers said to the media. Just repeating what was reported.

Reactions: wildcatdonf
So, the property owner has been sentenced to serve the remainder of his time from a 2014 DUI conviction (3rd time) plus another year for a new charge for admitting he drove his truck (prohibited) to a trash dumping station the day of the murders. Essentially, his alibi got his probation revoked. Yeesh.

Small towns now have a drug element that's not been there like it is now. Oxycontin, meth, fentanyl/heroin, and pain pills are prevalent everywhere.
This is very true and very scary. As recent as about a year ago, in the small town I live in, a man in his 30's broke into a house where a woman and her 2 boys were in bed for the night. He wore nothing but a buttoned shirt and was trying to abduct one of the boys. He got her keys for her SUV and carried the boy out of the house which woke their mother up and she gave chase. He dropped the boy, got in the SUV and sped away, later to be caught after wrecking the SUV. He was drugged out according to the police and was not in his "right state of mind".

Reactions: GrandePdre
Yep, if you ever want to get away with murder, just travel somewhere you have no ties to kill someone you have no ties to. This sicko will probably get away with it.

From ..nail..'s link:

delphi-split.jpg

The sketch is "an artist's composite of the information" collected by all the agencies involved in the double-murder investigation, including the FBI, said Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley. Riley said investigators consider the sketch a "very important" development in the ongoing investigation.

I'm always amazed on these crime shows how accurate these sketches end up being. Like how do they do that?

That's no excuse. Back in the 50's/60's when Smalltown, USA was basically Mayberry, that would fly. Those places don't exist anymore. I'm from a small town that the biggest crime you gotta worry about is the town drunk peeing in the parking lot of the Piggly Wiggly, and there's no way in hell I would allow my child to do what those did.

We gotta parent of the year over here !

Yep, if you ever want to get away with murder, just travel somewhere you have no ties to kill someone you have no ties to. This sicko will probably get away with it.

DNA can nail people still. They can tell a lot about him if they have any.

Guy looks like a creep.

Blame is accurate. I used the word I meant to use. Who is to say the killer does a thing if a parent is with them. The fact there would likely be a struggle and noise having to deal with an adult might be enough deterrent to make them think twice. So yes, failure to do the responsible thing as a parent warrants blame. Guilt is the consequence and by product of the action that should be blamed, or at least I hope. I have yet to see anything from the parents in all of this, for all I know, they could be grade A POS.

Just no...

Was there was cell phone coverage where the attack took place, wasn't it a remote area?

As a parent, this is always a consideration whenever my kids travel and/or ask to go somewhere for this exact reason. Can they make contact in case of an emergency.

Well
The one girl posted on Instagram so I think they had at least some cell service

Interesting. I hope they catch the SOB.

That being said how could investigators just "now" all of a sudden find Audio from the girls phone ? They've had to have it awhile and are just now releasing it ... at least I would think

I think they've always had it, but they're giving more details as they get closer to making an arrest.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Can you imagine if you're the dude that's in the video still/ clip "picture " but you have absolutely nothing to do with it ? Talk about wrong place at the wrong time ...

Looks like a big development could be breaking in the case. A sex offender that was living in Indiana, was arrested after being accused of threatening a bike riders with a hatchet in a Colorado trail. Reportedly he is now being looked at as a person of interest in the Delphi case after being arrested in Colorado driving a car with expired Indiana plates. The side by side of this sick SOB and the composite of the Delphi suspect are strikingly similar.

Here's hoping they fry the bastard if true.

Looks like a big development could be breaking in the case. A sex offender that was living in Indiana, was arrested after being accused of threatening a bike riders with a hatchet in a Colorado trail. Reportedly he is now being looked at as a person of interest in the Delphi case after being arrested in Colorado driving a car with expired Indiana plates. The side by side of this sick SOB and the composite of the Delphi suspect are strikingly similar.

Reactions: Mills_for_Three
We have a guy in Somerset Jail, Dwight Bell, that I think they should look at if they haven't. He killed a church lady that was trying to feed him and he stole her car and went to Indiana. He supposedly has contacts there.

ADVERTISEMENT