ADVERTISEMENT

Delphi, IN Murders

Well now I'm convinced
Didnt need to say more than that because yours was a stupid post. and if you dont know why, maybe you should watch the news more..and the fact that you are probably in your 20's contributes to the stupidity of the post.

Didnt need to say more than that because yours was a stupid post. and if you dont know why, maybe you should watch the news more..and the fact that you are probably in your 20's contributes to the stupidity of the post.
Excluding acts by family members and concentrated areas in large cities, what do you think the chances are of a child being killed or seriously harmed are?

The fact that you mention "the news" pretty much says it all. You watch the news, hear about something and cant conceptualize how relatively isolated that event is. You're probably the type of person who thinks 100 people get killed in Lexington every year and won't even walk downtown. Once again, excluding family members, if you live in a small town your child is pretty much as safe as anyone can be

Notice the angle of the shadows on her and the trees in the background, and then compare that to the shadow he cast.
The trees in the background of her pic cast a long shadow, where as his shadow is more downward.

That picture was from the girls phone and I believe they were only at the park for 2-3 hours (I think?) until their parents reported them missing.

Transy, do you have kids? Right or wrong, a lot of my opinions and perceptions of the World changed once I was a father.

With regards to being safe, I live in one of the supposedly safest places in the country, very family friendly, prosperous, etc. You'd be surprised at the number of warnings we get from the police department each year about drivers trying to talk kids into their cars. This isn't from a bunch of nervous hens, it's from the police with specific car details, descriptions, etc. Maybe these things simply weren't reported in the past due to a lack of social media so they didn't seem like much of a threat...but you'd be foolish to ignore them today and let your kids completely run free without supervision.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Transy, do you have kids? Right or wrong, a lot of my opinions and perceptions of the World changed once I was a father.

With regards to being safe, I live in one of the supposedly safest places in the country, very family friendly, prosperous, etc. You'd be surprised at the number of warnings we get from the police department each year about drivers trying to talk kids into their cars. This isn't from a bunch of nervous hens, it's from the police with specific car details, descriptions, etc. Maybe these things simply weren't reported in the past due to a lack of social media so they didn't seem like much of a threat...but you'd be foolish to ignore them today and let your kids completely run free without supervision.

Nearly all violent crimes-murder, abduction, and violent crimes-are about the same or mostly lower than they were in 1950. It just wasn't rammed down our throats around the clock the way it is today with constant media attention. You should feel no less safe today than ever.

Is it possible that had we known more back in the day, we would have felt less safe?

Murder rate was more than double in the early 90's and we knew a lot more then than we did in the 50's. I honestly think you could cut the murder rate by80%, the media would cover the smaller number of murders even more (if that's possible) an people would feel less safe. It's all perception.

You could also argue today's murder rate is drastically skewed by the skyrocketing rates of the inner cities. They are completely out of control, while middle American and the burbs are on a sharp 20-30 year decline

Reactions: WettCat
That picture was from the girls phone and I believe they were only at the park for 2-3 hours (I think?) until their parents reported them missing.

All I'm saying is that the way it's been reported is the guy in the pic is the suspect, and the girls took the video because they were concerned. However it appears to me that the pic of the girl on the bridge appears to be later in the day than the pic of the suspect.

The picture of the girl on the train trussel appears to be later in the day than the picture of the suspect on the trussel, the amount of light looks like the sun is setting in her picture.

Maybe the cops are releasing misleading data hoping the killer thinks he's in the clear, and gets sloppy. Just a thought.
Nah, it's just a ton of instagram filter on it making you think it is shadows. Some tinkering with contrast and exposure in photoshop, you can see the real shadows clearer.

IMG_2840.jpg

1487796248323.jpg

The guy who I linked on the last page that pinpointed where the suspect was on the bridge also determined her picture was taken on the opposite end of the bridge. If you assume she is facing the opposite way the suspect is walking, the shadows match enough to prove the pictures were taken in a close time frame.

Excluding acts by family members and concentrated areas in large cities, what do you think the chances are of a child being killed or seriously harmed are?

The fact that you mention "the news" pretty much says it all. You watch the news, hear about something and cant conceptualize how relatively isolated that event is. You're probably the type of person who thinks 100 people get killed in Lexington every year and won't even walk downtown. Once again, excluding family members, if you live in a small town your child is pretty much as safe as anyone can be
I like ya, Transy, but I gotta disagree with you on this one. Your own point of excluding family helps prove the point small town America isn't what it used to be. In a small town, most of one's family is concentrated in that area. That crazy uncle that you think might have dead bodies on his property is a lot closer to home than in a suburb or city.

I also feel the news is a valid point, but not for the fearmongering route you went with, but it plants a seed in the murderer that if they go through with their actions, they can either get the attention from it/be the person that does the perfect murder the police can't solve.

That said, yes they are isolated incidents that don't happen every day. That doesn't mean that small town America is still 1950's Mayberry.

I never said it's not ok to be protective. Just that most precautions are not based on fact.

I was basically allowed to do what I wanted within reason, as were almost every kid in town (population 1500) and there was not one issue ever. Nor has there been since or was there before.

That doesn't prove anything, just another anecdote to counter the news hype believers

Read their throats were slit.
I've read that too. Seems to be the popular theory among the reddit community. One person who said they lived close to the community posted that one of the girls didn't die immediately and tried crawling away. I know you have to take that info with a grain of salt until verified, but man, just awful if true.

Could be a crime of passion? That one girl looks like she could be that other one's "boyfriend". Just trying to cover all angles here.

Also you know who has a taste for young boys and girls, and also has been caught hiking in obscure rural places? The Clinton's.

Transy is stupid. He would never ever ever drive his little girl to a trailhead and say "see ya this afternoon, bye!".

Transy is stupid. He would never ever ever drive his little girl to a trailhead and say "see ya this afternoon, bye!".

You're right, I wouldn't. I also wouldn't have done it in the 1950s. That's my point, momo. Things haven't changed for most of the country. Exercise the same caution in the same areas.

Stick to jnco and Spreewell shoes or whatever your thing is

Everything I'm reading about this and the tone of the investigating officers just gives me the impression that this is going to go cold. Random killings are extremely difficult to solve, so if this guy is just some psycho drifter that saw a chance to kill two young, vulnerable girls in the middle of the woods, he may just get away with it.

The picture looks like a screenshot of a video, and they have released a short recording of him saying "down the hill". I assume they have some more audio, and really question why they can't get a sharper image of the guy to release publicly.

Nah, it's just a ton of instagram filter on it making you think it is shadows. Some tinkering with contrast and exposure in photoshop, you can see the real shadows clearer.

IMG_2840.jpg

1487796248323.jpg

The guy who I linked on the last page that pinpointed where the suspect was on the bridge also determined her picture was taken on the opposite end of the bridge. If you assume she is facing the opposite way the suspect is walking, the shadows match enough to prove the pictures were taken in a close time frame.

By different time of day I meant an hour or 2, maybe the guy in the pic is the killer and passed the girls on the bridge, saw an opportunity and then laid in wait to ambush them.
Whoever it was knew the girls were there alone, either before hand or saw them being dropped off.
It's hard for me to believe it was a psycho drifter that ended up in BFE and two girls fell in his lap.

Everything I'm reading about this and the tone of the investigating officers just gives me the impression that this is going to go cold. Random killings are extremely difficult to solve, so if this guy is just some psycho drifter that saw a chance to kill two young, vulnerable girls in the middle of the woods, he may just get away with it.

The picture looks like a screenshot of a video, and they have released a short recording of him saying "down the hill". I assume they have some more audio, and really question why they can't get a sharper image of the guy to release publicly.
My question I have is why can't they release more audio? It's hard to get a bead on a voice on one phrase, even if it is looped.

I do agree that the picture of the suspect seems to be a screen cap. Makes you wonder if the girls recorded their own murder and that's why police can't/won't release anything else.

By different time of day I meant an hour or 2, maybe the guy in the pic is the killer and passed the girls on the bridge, saw an opportunity and then laid in wait to ambush them.
Whoever it was knew the girls were there alone, either before hand or saw them being dropped off.
It's hard for me to believe it was a psycho drifter that ended up in BFE and two girls fell in his lap.
I don't think so, I think you are looking at a 20-30 minute time frame between photos. When you brighten the one picture up to take away the effect of the filter, the pictures look to be taken around the same time of day.

I think it could very well be the case that the person knew the girls. In the audio clip released, there is no background noise of the girls sounding scared. I know that is playing some jump to conclusions with a limited sample size, but it was something I immediately picked up on when listening to it yesterday.

Let me help.

As a child I did what these two did daily as did most other children. The raw number comparison is a fallacy. It is rare for kids to be out and about without a guardian now where it was commonplace. Therefore, having comparable numbers equals more dangerous today.

I am sure you younger people will argue but you have limited experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: wildcatwelder

I live in Chicago as well. What street you on?

Reactions: Mashburned
To be a killer, the guy sure is pretty damn calm. Just walking along, hands in his pocket. If there is audio of "down the hill", you would think there is more audio, but I wonder why they have not released it ?

I am going with someone posed as a teenage boy and talked them into meeting him there. They will trace computer or phones connections together, just a matter of time. Sometimes these things take time, I just read up on the Jessica Chalmers murder in Miss. They just arrested a guy recently and the case was a few years old. That story is wild also. Followed it for a while.

Odd that video existed before the murders. Corn and green trees.
Not odd at all. There are several videos of the trail posted on YouTube. That video is taken from someone giving directions how to get there.

A YouTube search makes it appear this is a popular little trail. If so, it bolsters the theory this could be a random killing and makes me worry even more this case is gonna go cold.

Not odd at all. There are several videos of the trail posted on YouTube. That video is taken from someone giving directions how to get there.

A YouTube search makes it appear this is a popular little trail. If so, it bolsters the theory this could be a random killing and makes me worry even more this case is gonna go cold.

I figured that was the case after I posted that. I think that town promotes their trails.

To be a killer, the guy sure is pretty damn calm. Just walking along, hands in his pocket. If there is audio of "down the hill", you would think there is more audio, but I wonder why they have not released it ?

I am going with someone posed as a teenage boy and talked them into meeting him there. They will trace computer or phones connections together, just a matter of time. Sometimes these things take time, I just read up on the Jessica Chalmers murder in Miss. They just arrested a guy recently and the case was a few years old. That story is wild also. Followed it for a while.

Anyone else suspect catsfanbgky as the perp? Don't these guys usually follow their own cases and get off on the publicity? Just saying'.

On a serious note...Hope they catch the guy soon.

Reactions: herodotus6
Absolutely disgusting to think there are human beings that could do this to other human beings, especially helpless children. Makes me absolutely sick.
Maybe just a time traveler sent back to stop two people before they commit heinous acts in the future? He's gone back to his own time and will never be caught.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT