ADVERTISEMENT

Delphi, IN Murders

The prosecutor today said that they believe Allen didn't act alone in this crime. The judge has sealed the court documents for the time being.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Guessing they wanted to make sure they got it right and had hard evidence that tied him to the murder scene other than his admission that he was on the trail that day. Still, it is bewildering that he admitted being there 5 years ago, and it took them this long to feel good enough about him being the guy and worthy of arrest.

Reactions: Get Bucket$
Guessing they wanted to make sure they got it right and had hard evidence that tied him to the murder scene other than his admission that he was on the trail that day. Still, it is bewildering that he admitted being there 5 years ago, and it took them this long to feel good enough about him being the guy and worthy of arrest.
From what I read last night, forensics determined that an unspent bullet that was left where the girls' bodies were found had been in the chamber of a gun that Allen owned. I don't know how they determine that, but that's what the unsealed affidavit said.

I think police/prosecutors were hopeful additional evidence would come in after he was arrested, since Allen could assert that he dropped the bullet days, months, or even years before the murders occurred.

From what I read last night, forensics determined that an unspent bullet that was left where the girls' bodies were found had been in the chamber of a gun that Allen owned. I don't know how they determine that, but that's what the unsealed affidavit said.
I'd be curious to see a Daubert hearing on that. It sounds pretty junk science-y.

I don’t get it either altho we are only getting part of the story. It seems like it would be fairly easy to get probable cause for a search warrant of his home with his admission he was there that day and witnesses saying they saw him leaving with bloody and muddy clothes.

Assuming the unspent round evidence was then taken after they searched his home and found the corresponding handgun that fired the same type of ammo found at the scene.

Honestly I’m just glad they got this asshole and the family gets some amount of closure when he’s convicted. It’s always better for police to take their time and make sure eveething is done properly to avoid some acehole like this getting off on a technicality.

Another reason to never own a cat.

• Source says police dug up Allen's cat to match hairs found on the girls' bodies

Dont have a link but just saw a news piece that authorities are linking this murder to a cold case in Boone Co in 2011. It looked like it was an older couple at their home. They said every room was staged differently after the murder and the scene in Delphi was staged as well.

Oddly, they do not think the guy they have in custody now was involved with Ky murders. There were rumors that the Delphi murders had more than one suspect.

Dont have a link but just saw a news piece that authorities are linking this murder to a cold case in Boone Co in 2011. It looked like it was an older couple at their home. They said every room was staged differently after the murder and the scene in Delphi was staged as well.

Oddly, they do not think the guy they have in custody now was involved with Ky murders. There were rumors that the Delphi murders had more than one suspect.
That was a very well-publicized case up here in Northern Kentucky. Bill and Peggy Stephenson, a couple in their 70's, they attended Union Baptist Church and he would minister to the truck drivers at the truck stop in Florence every weekend. Killed in their home Memorial Day weekend 2011. Local police have said without elaborating that the scene was staged and they believe the killer was trying to communicate something with the staging.

If they can bring the killer of this couple to justice, that would be amazing.

Link to article: Delphi IN Murders linked to the murder of Bill and Peggy Stephenson?

Last edited:
That was a very well-publicized case up here in Northern Kentucky. Bill and Peggy Stephenson, a couple in their 70's, they attended Union Baptist Church and he would minister to the truck drivers at the truck stop in Florence every weekend. Killed in their home Memorial Day weekend 2011. Local police have said without elaborating that the scene was staged and they believe the killer was trying to communicate something with the staging.

If they can bring the killer of this couple to justice, that would be amazing.

Link to article: Delphi IN Murders linked to the murder of Bill and Peggy Stephenson?
If a killer took that long to stage an entire house in some form or fashion, that is some serial killer type shit and more than likely not his first. Will be interesting to see if any other cases are tied to it. After 12yrs, I am kinda surprised that the "staging" info hasnt been leaked. Sad story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT