ADVERTISEMENT

Dawn Staley’s Name Keeps Getting Mentioned

Nice jock strap
team america vomit GIF

Mark pope and Don Staley. UK basketball has become a joke. I didn't think it could get worse than lazy fat old cal but it may.

Men’s and women’s basketball are basically different sports. She knows absolutely nothing about men’s college bball.
This. And if a women’s coach was ever going to make that jump of would have to be a male coach. 18-21 year old boys aren’t going to want to listen to a woman coach…maybe they will once on campus out of respect and relationships….but it would absolutely kill any recruiting efforts.

Plus her extreme success as w all the big womens programs is largely bc there is zero parity so once you become a name brand you get to hoard talent and then you have a dynasty like UTs run, UConns run, and now USC

As a nice candidate by several pieces I’ve read. Why would anyone think someone would hire a women’s coach and think that their success is transferable?
Care to link those “pieces?” I know of ONE, the idiot from the CJ the other day. What are some others you’ve read?

Care to link those “pieces?” I know of ONE, the idiot from the CJ the other day. What are some others you’ve read?

As a nice candidate by several pieces I’ve read. Why would anyone think someone would hire a women’s coach and think that their success is transferable?
Because there are a bunch of gender fluid morons who work in the media and act like women's basketball is great because a white girl from Iowa could actually make her layups and shots. They call any critic of their sport an "ist" for simply pointing out it's a paint by numbers/basketball for dummies approach to the sport. It took the best coach in the history of their sport 1 matchup to figure out to pick up Clark in the backcourt and make her teammates beat them. The "Studio Show" full of women acted like Geno discovered fire and was revolutionary when applying a tactic used by 3rd grade boys' rec coaches. But we're to respect that "basketball is basketball".

They are entirely different sports and anyone who has ever coached/watched it acknowledges it.

Because there are a bunch of gender fluid morons who work in the media and act like women's basketball is great because a white girl from Iowa could actually make her layups and shots. They call any critic of their sport an "ist" for simply pointing out it's a paint by numbers/basketball for dummies approach to the sport. It took the best coach in the history of their sport 1 matchup to figure out to pick up Clark in the backcourt and make her teammates beat them. The "Studio Show" full of women acted like Geno discovered fire and was revolutionary when applying a tactic used by 3rd grade boys' rec coaches. But we're to respect that "basketball is basketball".

They are entirely different sports and anyone who has ever coached/watched it acknowledges it.
Well said.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT