ADVERTISEMENT

Can we make Cal the woman"s coach?

Feb 14, 2011
I know we have the woman’s basketball coaching position open. My question is; does the athletics department have the authority to order Calipari to take over the woman’s head coaching job while getting paid by the University? If so they could then go hire a new coach for the Men’s program. I think Calipari would then resign from the Woman’s head coaching job and go somewhere else. If he stayed who knows he might be the best women’s head basketball coach in history.

Yes I know just a silly thought.

I know we have the woman’s basketball coaching position open. My question is; does the athletics department have the authority to order Calipari to take over the woman’s head coaching job while getting paid by the University? If so they could then go hire a new coach for the Men’s program. I think Calipari would then resign from the Woman’s head coaching job and go somewhere else. If he stayed who knows he might be the best women’s head basketball coach in history.

It would be hilarious to see him get taken to the wood shed by a bunch of women coaches though.

He'd still lose in the first weekend and talk about how young his team was.
No doubt, “Dawn Staley tricked me with that zone.” Lotta young girls have never seen that before. His longtime assistant actually said Mike Woodson of all people tricked him by playing zone in their game this year. It wouldn’t surprise me at all.

“My job as the Kentucky women’s basketball coach isn’t to win games for the university. It’s to send girls to the wnba” then he would not win a regular season title, lose early in the sec tournament, cry about his seed in the ncaa tournament, and lose to a far less talented team. Taking jabs at the fans the entire time too. Lmao

You must hate the women's team. Our women's team deserves something better than Calipari

Women's bb fans be like.
No Way Do Not Want GIF

I actually looked into this. I was curious how his title was specified in his contract. If his contract was “Head Basketball Coach” and not “Head Men’s Basketball Coach”, which it is, I think it could happen. If Mitch told him he was being retained but now coaching the women might be the leverage to get him to resign. Think our legal team dropped the ball by including the word “men” in the contract however.

Not that I'd care, but he would be a far worse disaster as the women's coach as he is now. Sorry, but this is a stupid idea. Then again, if it gets him away from the men's program, I'd be in favor of it.

Best idea yet !! Or do they still do intramural sports .. make him head coach of the I Tappa Kegs IM team . We lost today , 1/2 the team was drunk , 1/2 was hungover , but the local YMCA still has my guys on the draft board "

• Haha
Reactions: CROCAT

This is some great thinking.

Kim Mulkey would want her contract revised.

• Haha
Reactions: Smashcat
I actually had this same thought and came to the conclusion that we'd get raked over the coals by the media.

Women's coach now that's funny and bless all the pygmies in New guinea

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT