ADVERTISEMENT

A name that doesn't get enough serious consideration...Mark Pope.

Forgot to attach this.
That's great for a BYU level school. However, the guy is 51, has been coaching for 8 years, but only one NCAA tournament appearance. I'm certain that UK could find a coach with a better resume than that.

There are no current college coaches with ties to the program that are worthy of the job. When looking at candidates, you have to take out nostalgic bias.

That's great for a BYU level school. However, the guy is 51, has been coaching for 8 years, but only one NCAA tournament appearance. I'm certain that UK could find a coach with a better resume than that.

There are no current college coaches with ties to the program that are worthy of the job. When looking at candidates, you have to take out nostalgic bias.
i just see it differently. But it's all good. I'm sure we both just want a winner. Pope is a winner. But he's not the only winner.

Go Cats. Hopefully we can summon up a good game tomorrow !

Reactions: Zissou87

Bruce Pearl never played HS/college basketball...so there’s that.

If he even bothered to answer the phone, he'd say no. If he wanted to coach college basketball, he'd already be at IU. He makes millions doing a job he loves and with a fraction of the headaches of coaching in college. It's not hard to understand.
Okay, awesome. It’s settled everyone. JDHoss knows Brad Stevens and they regularly get together for barbecues. It’s an absolute no and we can all move on. Thanks JDHoss. It’s awesome having an insider in the board. Glad to know we don’t have to bother.
You are an inspiration to all.

• Haha
Reactions: JDHoss
Okay, awesome. It’s settled everyone. JDHoss knows Brad Stevens and they regularly get together for barbecues. It’s an absolute no and we can all move on. Thanks JDHoss. It’s awesome having an insider in the board. Glad to know we don’t have to bother.
You are an inspiration to all.
I'm using common sense and being realistic, but by all means, go ahead and dream and go through mental gymnastics to rationalize why Stevens would be interested.

Reactions: chroix
Mark Pope is not one of them
its a new world out there and UK had to face to realities but also had to look at what it needed.

Once Pope was announced , it hit me what he represents, I realized just how brainwashed I was from Cal's garbage.

Yesterday UK chained course. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't , but Kentucky fans will never be more united in what they feel for their program

Reactions: KFuqua and CELTICAT
I have to get some credit for this prophecy
Excellent call and 2 months before it came to fruition. My thoughts aligned with your original thoughts. I was not jumping off the bridge like most here when it broke but was surprised he was hired that early in the process but still didn’t dislike the hire at all and was cautiously optimistic which has only grown since.

Congrats. I'm one of the ones in the thread very hesitant about the possibility. His lack of tournament success still worries me a little. So far he has shown he's the right man for the job and I hope he proves me wrong.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Samurai Cat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT