ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Science Break:

NGC 5408 is a galaxy located about 16 million light-years from Earth in the constellation of Centaurus (The Centaur). This with an indefinable shape lacking a spiral or elliptical structure, is called an irregular galaxy, and about one fourth of galaxies share that title.
irregular-galaxy-ngc-5408.jpg

NGC 5408’s shape led astronomers to believe that it was a planetary nebula, before determining that it was a galaxy. Also within this galaxy lies a rare object, an ultra luminous X-ray source known as NGC 5408 X-1, one of the best studied of its class. This object blasts out vast amounts of energetic X-rays.

I prefer my X-rays to be energetic. If not, might as well go with Y-rays. Did you tell about the 5 planets visible in the morning this month? I may have missed it.

JCPS out again tomorrow and a good chance for Friday as well..

4+ hrs at Audubon hospital this morning for test..(bariatric emptying study) getting there at 7 this morning was a cluster mess
3+ hours in the morning at Suburban hospital for seminar and pre-op test

I think cats show up tomorrow night even though arky is favored...us by 6

paid 20 bucks for some kids to clean off driveway..They had a 4 wheeler with blade and another shoveled..best 20 I spent in a while..said they would be back around come Friday..I already had enough snow..jus sayin

JCPS out again tomorrow and a good chance for Friday as well..

4+ hrs at Audubon hospital this morning for test..(bariatric emptying study) getting there at 7 this morning was a cluster mess
3+ hours in the morning at Suburban hospital for seminar and pre-op test

I think cats show up tomorrow night even though arky is favored...us by 6

paid 20 bucks for some kids to clean off driveway..They had a 4 wheeler with blade and another shoveled..best 20 I spent in a while..said they would be back around come Friday..I already had enough snow..jus sayin
We had a big snow one time. and my neighbor (from Minnesota)(he has died since then) had a snow blower, and he cleared our driveway with that thing. It did a good job, and he had a blast running that thing.

Last edited:
I would be disappointed if I ever meet Mav and he doesn't actually have that bunny suit on. In my mind he never wears anything but

Well, i don't know why he wouldn't be wearing the pink bunny suit if/when you meet him. He was wearing it BOTH times I met him for lunch at Starnes. I was, however, a bit disappointed that he didn't roll up to the joint on his 4 wheeler.

:D -- I just got to the office because OH MY GOD WE HAD A WINTER STORM AND YOU NEED TO CLOSE YOUR OFFICE BECAUSE YOU CAN'T RISK DRIVING ON SUCH TREACHEROUS ROADS WHAT IF YOU GET WRECK AND GET STRANDED YOU COULD DIE BECAUSE THE WIND CHILL IS 5 DEGREES.

We have some of our worst fights (and that's saying a lot) because she freaks out over 1-2" of snow. To placate her, I agreed to come in after lunch WELL I DON'T THINK THAT'S GONNA BE ENOUGH CAUSE THEY SAID IT WAS A WINTER STORM AND THERE MIGHT BE BLACK ICE AND YOU MIGHT WRECK AND GET STRANDED AND DIE.

The roads were completely clear of anything but water, of course. To prove it to her, I made a time-lapse video on the way to the office -- that should be good fight fodder for when I get home [laughing]
We all expect a full report later tonight.

Also, why not take the 4-wheeler to work? Avoid all those bad roads.

I prefer my X-rays to be energetic. If not, might as well go with Y-rays. Did you tell about the 5 planets visible in the morning this month? I may have missed it.

No, I have not ymmot. So minus 1 interwebz point for me. Although plus 10 interwebz points for the following.

Bonus Science Break:

Five planets will be visible in the early morning sky starting today until mid February.
5-planets-NHemisphere-80minsbeforesunrise-EarthSky1-e1453249867188.jpg

The last time this occurred was a decade ago.
The five classical planets will align along an arc beginning with Jupiter high in the sky, followed by Mars, Saturn, Venus and Mercury poking out just above the horizon. The stars Spica and Antares will be below the arc.

For those without a telescope, the dazzling celestial spectacle will be visible to the naked eye — although a pair of binoculars may prove helpful

I love Andy Griffith. Do not like Ernest T. Bass. At all.

WTF???

First you tell us that you don't eat chili AND now you say you don't like Ernest T. Bass? Methinks we should start calling you Aunt Jed. Ernest T. Bass is only…oh I don't know…THE BEST CHARACTER THAT EVER SET FOOT IN MAYBERRY111!!!

Get with the program, woman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT