ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Mornin' D.

Cold.25. Wind. Not hardly any snow. But man it's raw with the wind. 15 tonight.

Bengals. What can I say. Not a fan of theirs but that was a brutal way to lose. Self imploding in that manner. I've never seen that.

Laundry to do today. Football today. Some college BB I'm sure.

UK looked better. Love the pick and roll.

Have a good and safe day all.

Negative 5 this AM, but feels like -28.

I figured the Bungles season was over when that redhead dude got hurt. I'm not sure about having a soul-less ginger as your starting QB. Seems like bad juju.
eek.gif

We are enjoying a comparatively balmy 39°F here in ATX. Had a freeze overnight.

• Morning, guys.
  • 38° in Johns Creek.
  • Keurig Dark Magic is good.
  • Got in from Tuscaloosa at 1:45. Tired and happy. Cats made you proud last night. Warriors.
  • Gotta go.
  • Later.
Glad ya attended the game. Cats dominated. Nice to pick up an SEC road win. Briscoe sank 5 or 6 straight buckets, probably because he knew you were in the house.

Saving lives....

Hey fellows and maybe gal. Glad Bko posted the stats. Hope she comes back.

18 degrees here in the City, with some wind. Crap. Dangerous out.

Went to the evening session of he Mustang Madness Tournament last night. Saw 4 games including Josh Jackson and Thon Maker. Man, all 8 teams push the ball. I've never seen so many fast kids flying down the floor. Thon has improved. This is the 3rd year I've seen him in this format. Worked hard. Don't think he came out of the game. He's gained some weight but still needs some. He scored 36 points, hit 3 threes. They played 16 minute halves. He can handle the ball well.

Saw a kid, Udoka Azubuike from Potter's House Christian, 6ft 11 in., 270lbs., listed with 7ft. 8in. wingspan. Dude was huge. Thunder dunks. Strong. According to the program I bought at the door, he has narrowed his choices down to Kansas, Florida State, and North Carolina. FCC

From Avery Johnson, Alabama's basketball head coach:

After playing and coaching in the NBA, Alabama head coach Avery Johnson knows NBA talent. When asked how many pros he thinks are on Kentucky’s roster, he had a classic response.

I hope all of them are, so then they can just go next year,” Johnson joked. “All of them. How many players they got on the team? Even the ones that didn’t play. All of them, just go. I don’t want to see [Tyler] Ulis next year. Go to the pros.”

From Avery Johnson, Alabama's basketball head coach:

After playing and coaching in the NBA, Alabama head coach Avery Johnson knows NBA talent. When asked how many pros he thinks are on Kentucky’s roster, he had a classic response.

I hope all of them are, so then they can just go next year,” Johnson joked. “All of them. How many players they got on the team? Even the ones that didn’t play. All of them, just go. I don’t want to see [Tyler] Ulis next year. Go to the pros.”

That's great Bko. Thanks for posting that. I hadn't seen it. FCC.

Don't look now, but "Supreme Lord Z" was recently in the house over in the best burger thread. By the way, I welcome his posts on the Paddock.

It appears Bodvar got the hammer. How many usernames so far? I may waste an hour of my life and actually research the question.
That's his best username and avatar yet.

Agree. What's he get banned for?

Also, yea, Louisville
Oh just the usual. He comes back. Does fine. Then he can't help himself. I'd had to look up the last one.
+1. Best username and avatar. Looks great.

Hope he hangs around some before again imploding.

It was hyperbole. I know Jed can't tell us, but "hypothetically" if a poster were to do X thing, then maybe we could hear about "hypothetical" poster and X event.

-sick kids and wife. Took kid to church this morning. Had to read the epistle reading, kid won't leave me, so I take him up to podium/lectern with me.

-free meal afterwards, had some good Thai , as it was international day. Will make recipe at home.

-just barely not enough snow for sledding. Took the eldest few times last year.

-work is super busy next few weeks. Should be leveled out by April.

-We looked better last night. Skal just isn't any good. I think he gets drafted, but won't really play anymore. Too much of a liability and playing him only hurts his stock. Fake injury for sure best way to go.

-feel bad for Bengals fans. Not an NfL guy, but enjoy watching it. I got married in Boston, plus been up there 15-18 times in my life, almost moved there, so love the Red Sox, so if any team, the Pats. I know they are hated, but meh. Have an affinity for that town.

LEK, good job taking the kid with you to read. Special.

Watched the game last night late on the computer. Alabama is pitiful. Should have beat them more. I think he needs pt badly. Just leave him in. But I trust in Coach.

Guys posting 60s. Crap, I'd be glad for 30 today. 20 now.

Catfan probably on his 3 gallon of coffee by now. FCC.

A chilly 64 here at the shanty. You need to stop sending the cold weather this way. That is no way to treat an old man. Now I have to have another mug of coffee.

Science Break:

A young monster. Approximately 10 billion light-years from earth galactic cluster IDCS 1426 is the largest early galaxy cluster discovered. Therein lies the rub. Galaxy clusters are collections of galaxies that formed once stars and individual galaxies had been built. Gravity binds hundreds of thousands of galaxies together in collections so large, they can distort the fabric of space-time. According to present understanding, the massive objects should take billions of years to form.
galactic-cluster-idcs-1426.jpg

We are seeing this cluster as it appeared when the universe was only 3.8 billon years old. Which is pushing the time required for gravity to bring thousands of galaxies together. All observations have shown it has a mass 250 trillion times higher than the mass of the sun, or 1,000 times more massive than the Milky Way.

After another 3 billion years, this ancient collection should weigh in fairly close to the larger cluster known (El Gordo) as it gathers more galaxies into the cluster through gravity. El Gordo is only 7 billion light-years from Earth. It weighs in at a whopping 3 quadrillion times the mass of the sun (that's 3 followed by 15 zeros, or one thousand million million).

Watching Vikes and Seahawks. Vikes kicker just missed a potentially game winning 27 yard FG with 26 seconds left. Score is 10-9, Seahawks ahead. Wow!

Couple games went down to the wire this weekend.
Man, what a bad way to go out. Guy was kicking dead on all game before that. Probably being powerbombed through a picnic table right now.

Hey Triangle, how's the baby and parents? FCC.
Bad-ish case of diaper rash right now (probably brought on a bit by sleeping through night/not caring if eliminating and laying in it) but otherwise, awesome. Honestly, wouldn't recognize myself a month ago. They change....you adapt.

Expect fully to be confounded and mystified + frustrated along each milestone but "I'm a dad" is engrained now and I love it. Wife doing awesomely. Jogged the 2 miles at the park with me and didn't miss a step.

Thanks for asking and sorry for reflection, D.

-UofL [jumpingsmile]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT