ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Bad-ish case of diaper rash right now (probably brought on a bit by sleeping through night/not caring if eliminating and laying in it) but otherwise, awesome. Honestly, wouldn't recognize myself a month ago. They change....you adapt.

Expect fully to be confounded and mystified + frustrated along each milestone but "I'm a dad" is engrained now and I love it. Wife doing awesomely. Jogged the 2 miles at the park with me and didn't miss a step.

Thanks for asking and sorry for reflection, D.

-UofL [jumpingsmile]

Great times man, great times. FCC.

My wife is killing me with delay-vetoing dog names for the puppy.

Horrible.

Plissken I could understand.

Then Brûlée with the accents in the correct direction.

Marble
Corby
Turpin
LuLu
Latifa

TC

... Hardly knew ya.

Victoria cut filets were ordered quicker than naming this doggie.

We (I think) settled on Penelope. Penny LaTourette.

$_35.JPG

Want this usb drive

Well, that was surprising. Offense played like it remembered what to do, and defense played the best it has all season. Cobb switching to the backfield sparked the offense IMO.

Sorry, not sorry the Pack beat the foreskins...I mean Redskins, KS. But, I fully expect whichever team won to get whooped in Arizona next week. I think they reach, if not win, the SB. Arians has them playing good football.

First time ever all four road teams won the wild card round. Kinda crazy.

Congrats to the Pack and by extension to herod. I like the Pack because i like Cobb and i like watching Aaron Rodgers play…especially when all cylinders are clicking.

Was fun just to see my Skins back in the playoffs. Even if it was just because they barely won the worst conference in the NFL this season. But…they did win their last 4 reg season games to do so.

And it really isn't surprising to me that all 4 road teams won this weekend when you really look at it. Pretty much to a tee all four road teams were better teams…just didn't win their division. The one exception I guess being the Bengals. But we all know their track record in the playoffs…so that wasn't surprising either.

The NFL playoff seeding is screwed up. Always has been.

You've got a lotta nerve to say you are my friend
When I was down you just stood there grinnin'
You've got a lotta nerve to say you got a helping hand to lend
You just want to be on the side that's winnin'

You say I let you down, ya know its not like that
If you're so hurt, why then don't you show it?
You say you've lost your faith, but that's not where its at
You have no faith to lose, and ya know it

I know the reason, that you talked behind my back
I used to be among the crowd you're in with
Do you take me for such a fool, to think I'd make contact
With the one who tries to hide what he don't know to begin with?

You see me on the street, you always act surprised
You say "how are you?", "good luck", but ya don't mean it
When you know as well as me, you'd rather see me paralyzed
Why don't you just come out once and scream it

No, I do not feel that good when I see the heartbreaks you embrace
If I was a master thief perhaps I'd rob them
And tho I know you're dissatisfied with your position and your place
Don't you understand, its not my problem?

I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes
And just for that one moment I could be you
Yes, I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes
You'd know what a drag it is to see you

Last edited:
Congrats to the Pack and by extension to herod. I like the Pack because i like Cobb and i like watching Aaron Rodgers play…especially when all cylinders are clicking.

Was fun just to see my Skins back in the playoffs. Even if it was just because they barely won the worst conference in the NFL this season. But…they did win their last 4 reg season games to do so.

And it really isn't surprising to me that all 4 road teams won this weekend when you really look at it. Pretty much to a tee all four road teams were better teams…just didn't win their division. The one exception I guess being the Bengals. But we all know their track record in the playoffs…so that wasn't surprising either.

The NFL playoff seeding is screwed up. Always has been.
Washington is gonna be alright moving ahead. They have reason to release the human hype machine that is RG(knee). For the most part, high octane spread offense QB's don't translate well to the pros. He'll be released around April when Washington exercises their right to waive/cut him. I don't see a team in the NFL to take a risk on him after several knee injuries.

They will be fine moving ahead with Cousins. Shore up some defense in the offseason, and it should be an easy division to compete in next year. Philly and Dallas are dumpster fires. It'll really come down to how NYG rebounds next year. Pieces are there for them too, but defense was pitiful.

<> Supposedly the lottery is gonna be over $1 billion (with a B) dollars wednesday. Guess i might play for the first time ever. I know i have no shot at winning but the sound of Kaizer Sosay, Billionaire Extraordinaire sounds too good to not give it a shot.

<> @Speers - nothing worse than drama on an industrial league basketball team (or whatever you call it). I have played with "that guy" before. Sucks balls.

<> @herodotus6 - I concur. I like the direction my Skins are headed and the future looks somewhat bright. Just wish we could trade our owner. But it could be worse in that department I guess (see the Browns and Bengals ownership).

<><><>ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds<><><>

meh... .no drama yet. But there stands a good chance if he's sucking ass against a legit good team and still thinks he should play more than the top 5.

Damnit Speers…you can't even let a brother agree with you on the simplest of topics.

The fact that you felt the need to let "that guy" start in your place to avoid drama (your words not mine) is by definition...drama. And there is no place for drama on teams like that. Should be a situation where the best players start and play the most minutes (and everyone on the team knows who those players are) and where if you aren't playing well or shooting well you take yourself out of the game. Kind of the unwritten rule or code of conduct when playing on an industrial league team. And it sucks when you play with someone who doesn't abide. Or as you put it…"is not self-aware".

And don't kid yourself…that dude is not going to change his mentality no matter how much he is sucking against a bad team or a good team. It will take some sort of confrontational action during a game or a semi-intervention type deal off the court for him to even think about changing. And that will probably result in him just quitting. Which sucks, but may be best for all.

Trust me, man. The drama has already begun. Just a matter of how ugly it gets. And be sure to post updates on that progress. Actually more interested in that then i am in your shooting stats or even the game results.

A whooping 11.7 degrees on my back porch. That is cold boys!

Got to get in the Explorer in 20 minutes and go to the doc to give me a read out on my thyroid. It would be better if it were 35 degrees. Gotta' take a coat.

I rewatched the Alabama game yesterday after I burned my Blu-ray. It was worse than I remembered. They really screwed Skal in the first half. The commontaters were horrible. That is why I call the common taters. It was a two hour commercial on Simmons; however, Simmons sucked the first half but they still sang his praises.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT