ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D-League. It's currently 60° and partly cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring a mix of clouds and sun with gusty winds and a high of 70°.

Have a great day.

shu-UK-Scotland-GlenfinnanViaduct_351622814-1440x823-1.jpg

Good morning. No SEC teams left. Miller looked bad last night for Alabama.

We had a stormy day and night. Lots of wind and 1.81 inches of rain.
The tournament is wide open now with no clear cut favorite. I am rooting against UConn. Miller did look bad as did the entire Alabama team. Not a good showing for the SEC with not a single team in the Elite 8.

Back to the drawing board we go.

Don't have a rain gauge and have seen nothing official, but one site said our general area had 4.39 of rain the last 24 hours. I've been working on my ditches, expecting this, but 5 gallons or so of water got in my shop last night. Just finished vacuuming it up. A lot came down in a short period of time last night. If the ditches aren't draining quick enough, the water has no place to go except places you don't like.

The tournament is wide open now with no clear cut favorite. I am rooting against UConn. Miller did look bad as did the entire Alabama team. Not a good showing for the SEC with not a single team in the Elite 8.

Back to the drawing board we go.
I think the tourney was wide open with no clear favorite to begin with. TX looks strongest to me now though X was doing their thing on smoke & mirrors. Caught up with them.

My pickup is loaded up with stuff and off I go to the recycle center. No charges just prove you live in the county and dump away. There are about 10 or so stations for your use. Today I will use five of them: old worn out battery, paint, old patio furniture, cardboard boxes and yard waste consisting of tree limbs.

Then I will check in at Lowe's and Home Depot. Back in time for grilling out and watching some basketball.

154947768_3733894686726088_2417969923303361317_n.jpg
Don't have a rain gauge and have seen nothing official, but one site said our general area had 4.39 of rain the last 24 hours. I've been working on my ditches, expecting this, but 5 gallons or so of water got in my shop last night. Just finished vacuuming it up. A lot came down in a short period of time last night. If the ditches aren't draining quick enough, the water has no place to go except places you don't like.
This is the most I have collected on my rain gauge. It is for an event and was more than 24 hours, but that is still a lot of rain. March 1, 2020:

Glad they got beat, Miller should have never been playing, if he hadn't taken the gun to him, the lady would probably still be alive!!!
He will go on to the NBA and we will be finished with him. Both you and I know if we had pulled the stunt he pulled we would still be in jail as an accessory to murder.

Coffee and coconut milk(unsweetened) break. Coconut milk is a good addition to a cup of coffee .... Until I tire of it but so far so good....
Dave that is a new one on me. I love coconut milk but never thought about putting it in coffee. My wife has some on hand so I might try it in the morning.

I just finished a plate of oysters with a bottle of real old fashioned ginger ale. "Red Rock" Golden Ginger Ale to be exact. Good stuff.

Dave that is a new one on me. I love coconut milk but never thought about putting it in coffee. My wife has some on hand so I might try it in the morning.

I just finished a plate of oysters with a bottle of real old fashioned ginger ale. "Red Rock" Golden Ginger Ale to be exact. Good stuff.

Never had that brand Sir. The renown ginger ale I grew up on in Michigan was Vernors.

Haven't had a bottle in years but back then it would bring multiple sneezes out of you while drinking it. Just stout as my Dad used to say...

Canada Dry is like watered down Kool aid...

Never had that brand Sir. The renown ginger ale I grew up on in Michigan was Vernors.

Haven't had a bottle in years but back then it would bring multiple sneezes out of you while drinking it. Just stout as my Dad used to say...

I like Vernons too and we have it around here. Red Rock is very strong also. The wife fried a mess a fish tonight and it was fresh and good. A nice meal after a hard day working in the sun. Today felt like Florida is suppose to feel. I got a little tanner today. LOL

I managed to put out four Bougainvillea and I hope the thorns keep the deer away. I will know in a day or so. They are this color.

iu

I actually prefer ginger beer over ginger ale. Much stronger and for me a better taste without all the sugar. Also, a key ingredient in Moscow Mules, our preferred drink for Derby. Sad to say I've grown tired of mint juleps.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 54°F and partly cloudy. Today's high looking like 83°F or so. We'll take it.

And 6 remain.... until this afternoon. Watched both games yesterday. UConn = for real. Huskies shot a few lights out. Happy for the Owls.

Day 2 of remodeling nightmare continues. What a mess.

Wishing all a Happy Sunday.

National+Spinach+Day

Good morning folks.

Grueling but rewarding day yesterday.

I think I’d mentioned a while back that s very close friend of mine -formerly an esteemed war journalist with the Wall Street Journal - died.

A memorial service was held for him in Dallas yesterday and his family asked me to give the eulogy.

That meant getting up at 3:50 am for a 6:30 flight out of Baltimore, renting a car driving to the family’s home in Plano then to the site they’d rented for the service, then getting back to the airport fair a late flight, and driving home at 1am.

Even the drive home was a challenge —the thickest fog I’d seen in many years.

I wouldn’t have tried it in one day but I was hemmed in by a critical work event Friday and a big party for my wife’s birthday the kids planned for today.

Anyway, feeling hungover today with the pleasure of getting drunk. But time to get rolling on the day’s events. Have a good one.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING D-LEGIONNAIRES!

41° this morning with light winds. High for today around 60°, sunny, with moderate winds.

Did go fishing not long after in laws got here and spent only 3hours at the lake. Nothing to declare. 0-3 to start the year with each day only spending a few hours out. Got to pick up my game.

MIL was reading an article from her phone last night that gave the top 10 safest towns in Oklahoma. She told us that Elgin was ranked #1 safest for the 4th year in a row. I ask her: "Do you know why?" She then said: "I know you are going to say it's because you are here". I said: Exactly because: "The bad guys know me and they leave us alone, I get around round round round, I get around" (With homage to the Beach Boys) She just rolled her eyes. She should know better by now. Heh, heh, heh, heh.

Well, enough about me, yous guys have a great day and God Bless. Prayers for Austin continue in Jesus name.

Good morning folks.

I think I’d mentioned a while back that s very close friend of mine -formerly an esteemed war journalist with the Wall Street Journal - died.

A memorial service was held for him in Dallas yesterday and his family asked me to give the eulogy.

That meant getting up at 3:50 am for a 6:30 flight out of Baltimore, renting a car driving to the family’s home in Plano then to the site they’d rented for the service, then getting back to the airport fair a late flight, and driving home at 1am.

I wouldn’t have tried it in one day but I was hemmed in by a critical work event Friday and a big party for my wife’s birthday the kids planned for today.

Anyway, feeling hungover today with the pleasure of getting drunk. But time to get rolling on the day’s events. Have a good one.
Geez, makes for a long day. Must have been a good man.

Geez, makes for a long day. Must have been a good man.
A very good man. You can be a good man with a small circle of friends, but in my friend's case, people came from all over the country, and even one Japanese man he worked with there, an interpreter of ours from Kosovo who had resettled in Canada, and friends and former colleagues from New York to Los Angeles and many places in between. A couple hundred people, easily and it seemed no two knew Buck from the same part of his life.

There were friends from back to his days growing up in Kansas, buddies from his army days in VIetnam, a small college All America from the days he played D-2 basketball, younger journalists from when he taught at Cal State Fullerton, others from when he ran some small newspapers in California, a guy who worked with him in Japan for the WSJ, another for when he worked with the New York TImes in NYC, a retiree Army Colonel who he was embedded with during Desert Storm, a Vietnamese-American who became a USMC helicopter pilot who my friend met on an assignment - and ended up ghost writing his book about coming here a a boatlift refugee to flying for the Marines in Mogadishu, a guy he became friends with when he was on an academic scholarship in Wales back in the 1970s, a lawyer who had gone to law school with the guy at Notre Dame before he switched to journalism....if you are getting the idea that the guy led a full life, you'd be right.

I was proud to be asked to eulogize a man who had had an impact on so many. I hope I did him justice. Many came to me and seemed to be sincere in saying that I had touched them. I don't think a lot of them knew the story of when he risked his own ass to give me a chance to get out of an ambush in Bosnia, and I think that went over. Nothing like making the departed a hero!

Sorry to run on. I guess I still feel a little energy left to get his story out there.

Last edited:
A very good man. You can be a good man with a small circle of friends, but in my friend's case, people came from all over the country, and even one Japanese man he worked with there, an interpreter of ours from Kosovo who had resettled in Canada, and friends and former colleagues from New York to Los Angeles and many places in between. A couple hundred people, easily and it seemed no two knew Buck from the same part of his life.

There were friends from back to his days growing up in Kansas, buddies from his army days in VIetnam, a small college All America from the days he played D-2 basketball, younger journalists from when he taught at Cal State Fullerton, others from when he ran some small newspapers in California, a guy who worked with him in Japan for the WSJ, another for when he worked with the New York TImes in NYC, a retiree Army Colonel who he was embedded with during Desert Storm, a Vietnamese-American who became a USMC helicopter pilot who my friend met on an assignment - and ended up ghost writing his book about coming here a a boatlift refugee to flying for the Marines in Mogadishu, a guy he became friends with when he was on an academic scholarship in Wales back in the 1970s, a lawyer who had gone to law school with the guy at Notre Dame before he switched to journalism....if you are getting the idea that the guy led a full life, you'd be right.

I was proud to be asked to eulogize a man who had touched so many. I hope I did him justice. Many came to me and seemed to be sincere in saying that I had touched them. I don't think a lot of them knew the story of when he risked his own ass to give me a chance to get out of an ambush in Bosnia, and I think that went over. Nothing like making the departed a hero!

Sorry to run on. I guess I still feel a little energy left to get his story out there.
Not running on if worth saying (posting).

Good Sundy Morning

66° with sunshine and the high will reach 89° with a 3% chance of rain. A steady breeze will cool us off all day. My computer is running slow today and is acting like an old man. It is 15 years old and the windows program has expired so it is approaching antique status.

This is the day the Lord has made so I will rejoice and be glad in it. I trust all are doing well. This is a good fishing lake that some of you may have fished in.

200112-dorsey-lake-okeechobee-hero_bwpumi

General George Patton was my military hero growing up so when I joined the Army I signed up for Armor. I never regretted it.

841197_478985858804045_1476007198_o.jpg
I was at a craft show a couple of years ago. I was talking to a guy next to our booth. He was a bit older than me and had been in the army during the Korean War. He said later he met Eisenhower at some function and got to speak with him for a minute or two, telling him he had never been in Korea. He said Ike told him' "Son, you just go where they tell you and do what you are told to do."

Good morning folks.

Love can cost one, but it is worth it.

I am running out of friends and I am not physically able to do what you just did. Write it down, it was worth the effort.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT