ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

You have mine for sure.

Ritchie Curtis is here and he will do the same.

Best of luck to you.
Well for the results. They couldn't do the ablation for the A-Fib because of poor blood flow in one spot. They did do the ablation on the A-Flutter. They doubled my Eliquis to dissolve the possible blood clot and I will see what the next step is in 3 months. Thanks for the prayers and if Ritchie is still there tell him I said Howdy!

Tapemaster is a great person. He has saved my UK video collection a couple times. Ritchie Curtis and I bow down to the "tapemaster".

@tapemaster8 let us know about your procedure when you can.
I just did in another post. But they couldn't do the ablation for the A-Fib because of a possible blood clot. They did do the ablation for the A-Flutter and got that taken care of. Thankful for that and for all Y'all's prayers. Go back in 3 months to see what the next step is. Doubled my Eliquis to help dissolve the clot. Tell Ritchie I said howdy!

Well for the results. They couldn't do the ablation for the A-Fib because of poor blood flow in one spot. They did do the ablation on the A-Flutter. They doubled my Eliquis to dissolve the possible blood clot and I will see what the next step is in 3 months. Thanks for the prayers and if Ritchie is still there tell him I said Howdy!
Best of luck with it.

Good luck to you. I'm also taking Eliquis because of blood clots. Much better than Lovenox.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 73Ā°F and cloudy. Increasing rain chances around 8 am. Today's high expected around 86Ā°F.

And 12 remained. Happy for FAU Owls and fans. Zags earned their W in a wild finish. Horns play later tonight. Wife and I tuning in. May check out Houston if I can stay awake.

Chemo again this afternoon. Dealing with constipation now. If not one thing, it's another.

Happy Friday, y'all. Wishing everyone the best.

National-Cheesesteak-Day-March-24.jpg.webp

Good morning from ATX. Currently 73Ā°F and cloudy. Increasing rain chances around 8 am. Today's high expected around 86Ā°F.

And 12 remained. Happy for FAU Owls and fans. Zags earned their W in a wild finish. Horns play later tonight. Wife and I tuning in. May check out Houston if I can stay awake.

Chemo again this afternoon. Dealing with constipation now. If not one thing, it's another.

Happy Friday, y'all. Wishing everyone the best.

National-Cheesesteak-Day-March-24.jpg.webp
ATX, I had to see a surgeon not to long ago, he advised me to go to Kroger and get Kroger brand fiber powder, it works wonders!

Sweet 16 Note. I actually took a few classes at Florida Atlantic University. It was the late 1970s, I had moved down to south Florida and gotten a job, and I still wanted to stay engaged in the education system. So I took what classes I could at night.

Who cares? Nobody. But if my slight connection to that school ever mattered, it's tonight when I am praying for them to pull a massive upset and knock off Tennessee. I was glad to have the Vols around to beat Duke. Now, please go home.
Prayer answered.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING D-LEGIONNAIRES!

43Ā° this morning with a high of 60Ā° expected. Rained off and on all day and night yesterday so, we got a pretty good soaking.

@Sawnee Cat I went to Walmart yesterday after doctor's appointment to get some more lures, hooks, and liters. Upon returning to my vehicle I saw a woman in the next parking lane trying to jump her minivan with one of those handheld apparatuses designed to make it convenient and easy. It was either low on charge or just not powerful enough to do the trick so, I offered my assistance to jump it for her. She had twin sons who were in their late teens (guessing) who were just standing there next to each other with stoic looks on their faces. As I got my cables and hooked them up to my battery, I tried to give the other end to one of the boys who just looked at me and said nothing. Mom stepped in and took the clamps and then hooked them up.

She then told one of them to try to start the van. I told her it would probably take a few minutes to charge, but he tried anyway but it just clicked. I told him to wait a few minutes, but he just kept cranking. Finally, his mother told him to stop so he got out of the van, walked over to his brother, and just stood there like before. After about 5 minutes or so she tried, and it started. I disconnected the cables, and she thanked me for my help. Not one word from the boys the whole time. You could see that they had no clue of what to do. That is the norm these days unfortunately.

Well, TGIF for those of you still working, and be careful out there (especially you train and bus riders).

God Bless.

Last edited:
Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING D-LEGIONNAIRES!

43Ā° this morning with a high of 60Ā° expected. Rained off and on all day and night yesterday so, we got a pretty good soaking.

@Sawnee Cat I went to Walmart yesterday after doctor's appointment to get some more lures, hooks, and liters. Upon returning to my vehicle I saw a woman in the next parking lane trying to jump her minivan with one of those handheld apparatuses designed to make it convenient and easy. It was either low on charge or just not powerful enough to do the trick so, I offered my assistance to jump it for her. She had twin sons who were in their late teens (guessing) who were just standing there next to each other with stoic looks on their faces. As I got my cables and hooked them up to my battery, I tried to give the other end to one of the boys who just looked at me and said nothing. Mom stepped in and took the clamps and then hooked them up.

She then told one of them to try to start the van. I told her it would probably take a few minutes to charge, but he tried anyway. He tried but it just clicked. I told him to wait a few minutes, but he just kept cranking. Finally, his mother told him to stop so he got out of the van, walked over to his brother. and just stood there like before. After about 5 minutes or so she tried, and it started. I disconnected the cables, and she thanked me for my help. Not one word from the boys the whole time. You could see that they had no clue of what to do. That is the norm these days unfortunately.

Well, TGIF for those of you still working, and be careful out there (especially you train and bus riders).

God Bless.
Wow, I think schools and parents need to get back to training kids on the basics. When I was a kid those boys age we would take a Flathead V8 and break it down and put it back together just for the fun of it. I guess we didn't have much to do back in those days. Not many of us, actually I don't know any, that wanted to transgender. But we could field stip a deer.

Good morning D-League.

Rainy and cool in the east.

While I slept, FAU pulled off the upset of the Vols and UCLA lost, so I was happy with those outcomes.

The tourney starts out with hopes Kentucky can win. Once that doesnā€™t happen it shifts to fear: that UNC, Duke, UCLA, Kansas, Indiana, Tennessee or ANY Big Ten team wins. Well, all those are eliminated now ā€”before the Elite Eight.

You gotta laugh at the Vols. In all program history -120 years or so -no Final Four appearances and only one trip as far as the Elite Eight, and that record is safe.

Last edited:
Good Morning D Leaque

Some interesting games last night. @MdWIldcat55 , nice to see FAU take down the Vols. I see the FAU coach makes a little over $500,000 at year. He may get a bump or a higher paying job after this run.

It is 56Ā° and today will be a carbon copy of yesterday with sunny skies and a high of 87Ā°. Very pleasant. Odds and ends work today as nothing scheduled.

Prayers for all who have requested it. Keep the faith and keep moving.

iu

Good morning all,

My Darling and I have to go meet with the builder this morning at 10.

I had it in mind to make a pan of biscuits but remembered I have no crisco....

Coffee and a couple English muffins with butter. (I have no cream cheese.)

Holding off purchasing anything we can get by with until we move....

Almost tossed out everything I can until after we move. Still packing our stuff now but we are down to packing clothes.

The regular living stuff we will end up moving ourselves.... My motivation now is when completed I WILL be decluttered...

Have a great day!

Good morning all,

My Darling and I have to go meet with the builder this morning at 10.

I had it in mind to make a pan of biscuits but remembered I have no crisco....

Coffee and a couple English muffins with butter. (I have no cream cheese.)

Holding off purchasing anything we can get by with until we move....

Almost tossed out everything I can until after we move. Still packing our stuff now but we are down to packing clothes.

The regular living stuff we will end up moving ourselves.... My motivation now is when completed I WILL be decluttered...

Have a great day!
I am thankful your move is going so smooth. I moved quite a bit during my life and it was always a dread, even when my company packed me up and took care of all of the costs.

15 years after I retired I am still decluttering. I admire you for doing it at a young age.

Good morning everyone.

Babysitting today and the weather should be good enough to get her outside and enjoy. She loves it.

Yesterday was awesome weather and we were able to get out and get things done. Grilled out (griddled) and ate out in the screened patio. Should be able to again today.

I now have a pair of bluebirds using my handmade box that I put out last year. Less than 25' from the front door. I'm happy.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Good report @AustinTXCat

It was a cold 30Ā°F when I got up and it is to go to 57Ā°F under a sunny sky.

I turned my cable off today. They price me out of it. I have YouTubeTV now and I am lost on how it works but we just got to get used to it.

You all have a great day.
Come June we will be two years WO any type of TV service...........still ain't missing it.....

So true, Sawnee. I made sure my son had basic rifle and shotgun training, could change a tire, handle a basic tool kit and strike an arc with a Lincoln welder. And he has since handled some mid-level construction jobs. But I'd guess he's a pretty big exception among the males he went to high school with in the Maryland suburbs of DC. Pretty sad decline in male competency in our society.
We only had the one daughtger.......she could cast a bass plug, she was proficient with firearms. Can change her own tire........her mother taught her the girly things.........she has been married almost thirty years.........her being able to handle things sure came in handy.......her husband was in the military......he spent a a lot of time down range.......... and as most of you folks know they have ten children..........most of these young folks now cry because they have to work a six hour shift..........see how far that attitude gets you with a family of 12........

I am thankful your move is going so smooth. I moved quite a bit during my life and it was always a dread, even when my company packed me up and took care of all of the costs.

15 years after I retired I am still decluttering. I admire you for doing it at a young age.
Yep. Sherry and I are in our 10th house. Hell we can't remember the old addresses!

Good morning D-League.

Rainy and cool in the east.

While I slept, FAU pulled off the upset of the Vols and UCLA lost, so I was happy with those outcomes.

The tourney starts out with hopes Kentucky can win. Once that doesnā€™t happen it shifts to fear: that UNC, Duke, UCLA, Kansas, Indiana, Tennessee or ANY Big Ten team wins. Well, all those are eliminated now ā€”before the Elite Eight.

You gotta laugh at the Vols. In all program history -120 years or so -no Final Four appearances and only one trip as far as the Elite Eight, and that record is safe.
It feels good knowing most of our hated teams are back home now. I heard there is only one team left that has won an NCAA title, UConn. If they win it will make #5 with 3 different coaches. I didn't look this up but it sounds right.

So I really am wide open now and will watch just for the pleasure of it. But in the back of my mind I will wonder why UK couldn't still be in this tournament. We sure had the talent or so I was told.

Thank you Sir.

Not sure I'd state the move is going smooth but it is going forward. No major stuff today though lots of fixes that we expected. They DID get the half inch hole drilled in the quartz countertop for the Reverse Osmosis water purifier. Actually bought the model that gives you 90 gallons a day. That way My Darling can use it more to rinse things in the pots versus using regular water. Called the APEC-HI .

When we started our family like many did, we had very little. Not nearly well to do now but we can go out to eat when we want to. I REALLY want to take My Darling on a cruise this year but have no idea where to start looking for our type cruise. For me the right one would be one that serves seafood by the buckets for My Darling. I'd be fine if I can figure that out.

We've always invested in our kids and My Darling and I never wanted much. To this day I marvel at what My Darling has not bought. Even now though we do a lot of things we used to not even think of doing.

What I decluttered is mostly my two daughters stuff and my rat-holed equipment to fix things here and there. I never was much for discarding a good screw, bolt, nut or washer. Various tools I will down-size. I do plan to take care of the house we live in now versus hire it done if I can help it though I am getting it painted and cleaned though I may very well do the carpets myself as I have the Bissell machine and I can do them in a good day. The $500 to $700 dollar quotes I have been getting are stupid to me. I will work a long time for $700....

I hope a peaceful restful sleep to you all...

Good morning from ATX. Currently 60Ā°F and clear. Today's high heading for 82Ā°F. Great hiking weather.

Day 1 of kitchen remodel complete. What a mess. My world turned partially upside-down by wife and step-son. Hey, at least I can find and prepare oatmeal. Important things in life, right?

Day 3 chemo in the books. Next round scheduled for April 10-14. Still dealing with bowel issues after much liquids. We'll see what happens when more prunes + MiraLAX are added to the equation.

We gonna drop da bomb.

Awoke this morning to no internet. Cured by system reboot. Just read "14 dead as storms batter Mississippi". Felt so sad after reading such news. Prayers sent.

Wishing all a happy Saturday. Enjoy your weekend.

National-Medal-of-Honor-Day-March-25.png

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING D-LEGIONNAIRES!

41Ā° this morning with light winds. Today's high to be in the upper 60's and sunny.

Nothing much going on today other than BIL and MIL coming over (per usual). Not really warm enough to fish but with a lake up the road, I just might take the afternoon and cast away.

Yous guys enjoy your weekend (especially you hard working folks) and God Bless.

Good morning everyone.

Another good day yesterday. I'll be assisting with a hunter education course today. I haven't been to one in a few years and it will be good to see some old friends and help some youngsters learn a bit.

I didn't watch any of the games last night and doubt I will tonight. It looks like the highest seeded teams possible to make the Final Four are 2, 3, 3, and 5. Wow. I don't have any particular team to root for, but don't want U Conn to win another championship. That would make them 5.

Time for breakfast and another cup of coffee and then get on the road.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Good Saturday Morning D

Quite a basketball tournament last night. I am a believer in the Texas Longhorns, they are fun to watch and oh my that,, Carr. The coach as done a very nice job this season with the team after their head coach was fired.. They will be tough to handle in the SEC.

Currently 66Ā° outside my window and we should climb to 88Ā° by a sunny midafternoon. The refreshing breeze will continue. There will be a 3% chance of rain this evening. We are in our dry season but April will bring plenty of rain.

A little yard work today and a lot of basketball. It is relaxing watching the game not caring who wins but I still miss the days UK was a relevant basketball team and running deep into the tournament. Good ole' days as they say.

Ham and eggs and biscuits for breakfast with a big pan of Eastern Kentucky gravy. I was hoping my appetite would slow down in my old age but being raisied by and having a good cooking wife it is hard. What do you cut back on? And why would I at my age?

Take care my friend. I hope we don't get into a war. Not with this leadership. Prayers for Mississippi, very sad.

iu

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT