ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

337033658_157434977211030_1087160935129181590_n.jpg

They make some seriously good music...

One is Jimmy Fortune of the Statler Brothers,

Fortune/Walker/Rogers/Isaacs...​

Good morning from ATX. Currently 52°F and lightly raining. Today's high may reach 75°F. More rain expected. We'll take it.

* Good news alert *

Visited radiation doctor yesterday. Spot on my upper-right lung decreased from 12 x `13 mm to 6 x 7 mm. Lymph node on my lung shrank from 27 x 28 mm to 7 x 8 mm. Unknown about mass on my brain, but doctor seems optimistic. Who knows I might watch March Madness again next year rather than lie 6 feet under at Knoxville National Cemetery near my great-great-great grandfather. Stay tuned.

First day of Spring yesterday. Feels more like Winter around here.

Wishing all an awesome Tuesday.

National-Healthy-Fats-Day.png

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

52° this morning with moderate winds and light rain expected. Today's high to be in the mid 70's.

Normal daily routine scheduled for today with morning exercise and late morning training my student. Rest of the day will be couch potato training. I am getting pretty good at that one.

Yous guys keep on keeping on and be careful out there today and May God keep you all healthy and safe.

Good Morning

Still cool down here as we dipped down to 39° but the sun is out and by midafternoon it will be 77°.

@AustinTXCat , I am very optimistic with the trend of your radiation results and they are headed in the right direction. I am a cancer survivor and plan on adding you to the club as one also. We got this. None of us are promised a tomorrow and although some of us have never had the pleasure of meeting we care. And we want you around for March Madness next year. You remain in our daily prayers

I trust all have a great day. Storms never last.

iu

I've not been on here a lot for the last while.......I started back up with pigeon racing again a couple of years ago..... I have raised and trained pigeons for 65+ yrs.........I was just going to piddle with a few birds when I first got back into them........and as I am want to do.....I have expanded.........I am almost done with a loft that is 44' x 8'..........I still have to build some things for inside...........I have always enjoyed hobbies that involve a lot of observation.........I spend 6 - 8 hours a day with my birds.......I presently have about 80 birds.......breeding season is just starting for me and I plan on raising about 100 babies to fly in the fall races.......I also seem to a magnet in helping immigrants get started in the hobby.......I have several friends that came from Iraq, China and Cuba...........I am about the only one who takes the time to try to understand them....I try to help them with birds to get them started.......I also fly Cuban Thief Pouters........I am the only American in a group of 40+ Cuban guys in my area that fly these birds........so it isn't personal that I don't post and reply as much as I did.......I no longer watch basketball.........I know..............I just don't spend as much time sitting on my butt as I was........the lights come on in the lofts in a couple of minutes.........gotta go!

Good morning D-League. Spring has sprung. Always a special time in my family. My father was born the last day of winter, 1931. We were in the hospital on his 65th birthday waiting out my daughter but she held on to arrive the first day of spring, 1997.

That was the night the comet Hale-Bopp flared it’s brightest and I walked out of the hospital after my wife fell asleep to see that mysterious but hopeful omen blazing in the sky. She has more than fulfilled the promise of a girl born under a lucky star.

Today is more mundane -a Tuesday at the office. Hope all is well for you folks.

And Austin —we are all behind you. I suspect we all have a friend or family member who has had many good years following the course of treatment you are on, and I believe that will be your outcome.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 52°F and lightly raining. Today's high may reach 75°F. More rain expected. We'll take it.

* Good news alert *

Visited radiation doctor yesterday. Spot on my upper-right lung decreased from 12 x `13 mm to 6 x 7 mm. Lymph node on my lung shrank from 27 x 28 mm to 7 x 8 mm. Unknown about mass on my brain, but doctor seems optimistic. Who knows I might watch March Madness again next year rather than lie 6 feet under at Knoxville National Cemetery near my great-great-great grandfather. Stay tuned.

Great news and hope things continue well for you.

* Good news alert *

Positive news is always welcome! Here's hoping the trend continues.

Good report @AustinTXCat

It was a cold 30°F when I got up and it is to go to 57°F under a sunny sky.

I turned my cable off today. They price me out of it. I have YouTubeTV now and I am lost on how it works but we just got to get used to it.

You all have a great day.
I have been streaming for two years now and will never go back to cable. I save over $100 a month. I have the SEC package and never miss a UK game

One of my favorite "personalities" was Lewis Grizzard. He had quotes that will last for ages and could relate to people like me because I was just like him in real life. He has been gone almost 30 years.

Some Quotes:

"There is something special about a man with his son at a baseball game".

"If you want something sweet, order the pound cake. Anybody who puts sugar in the cornbread is a heathen who doesn’t love the Lord, not to mention Southeastern Conference football".

"One day, there won’t be any more trains, and a part of me will die"

"First, we really don’t care how you did it in Chicago. Second, if you miss it so much, Delta is ready when you are."

"As best as I can tell, God was undefeated in all sports last year. Anybody who won thanked Him, and I never heard a single loser blame Him"

I miss his writing and humor. RIP Lewis. He died too young.

20 Quotes and a Story About His Daddy

Lewis-Mayor.jpeg

Hello all,

Just a busy beaver... I need a second set of arms with hands. Some good came of today though. I see a light after finally cutting through so much stuff. I do feel better as (No matter what My Darling would say.) I de-clutter more... I have items boxed up that once I do not need them here or at our new house, I will toss them with glee...

I have been working half days at work and actually getting more done as I am better able to concentrate. I have the focus I used to remember me having when I was the most productive. I'd always been a time manager's time manager....

I am thankful...

One thing, as soon as I can, I am hitting the shower and going to sleep as early as I can remember... have a peaceful and contenting rest of your evenings...

One of my favorite "personalities" was Lewis Grizzard. He had quotes that will last for ages and could relate to people like me because I was just like him in real life. He has been gone almost 30 years.

Some Quotes:

"If you want something sweet, order the pound cake. Anybody who puts sugar in the cornbread is a heathen who doesn’t love the Lord, not to mention Southeastern Conference football".

"First, we really don’t care how you did it in Chicago. Second, if you miss it so much, Delta is ready when you are."

"As best as I can tell, God was undefeated in all sports last year. Anybody who won thanked Him, and I never heard a single loser blame Him"

Lewis-Mayor.jpeg

Sir,

I remember him. Jerry Clower mentioned him often. Him, Ray Stevens, Jerry Reed, and Barbara Bush...

Can't link it, but saw this booking photo of a 61 year old felon who the local authorities arrested for meth. Also got Him as felon with a gun. His shirt read, Now as I lay down to sleep, A gun beside me I keep, If I should awake and find you inside, The coroners van will be your last ride.
Heh. Reminiscent of the old Latin phrase....

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Or "Kill them. The Lord knows those that are his own".

Phrase evolved in to: "Kill them all; let God sort them out."

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 68°F and cloudy. Received much drizzle + light rain yesterday and I still walked 90 minutes. Clearing this afternoon. Today's high expected around 80°F.

Chemo Round 3 begins this morning after labs. Please, no more carboplatin. Please. Depart here around 7:30 am.

City trying to expand our light rail. Noble endeavor. Unfortunately, price tag matches aspirations.

Keeping it short this morning. Wishing all an awesome Happy Hump day.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hey Bert! Just wanted to let You know that I am having an ablation on my heart in the morning at Baptist Hospital in Paducah. Suppose to be around 2 hour surgery. Out patient surgery to fix my A-Fib problem. Appreciate prayers from my D-League friends.
Just want to let you know that you are on our GOD KNOWS LIST!!!! What city are you in here in Western Kentucky?

Good Morning

Starting the day off with bacon and eggs for breakfast and good black coffee to wash it down. The weather is pleasant with 59° and the skies will be sunny as we reach 84°. Not bad.

Prayers for @AustinTXCat continue with faith and confidence. I trust all are well. I am going to fix my plate and refill my coffee cup.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING D-LEGIONNAIRES!

61° this morning with moderate winds. 83, windy, with lots of sun on tap for today.

Altering workout routine this morning and only walking the monster at daybreak. Afterwards, going to Lake Ellsworth (just down the road) and doing some bass fishing in a few of the areas I reconned a couple of weeks ago. Stay tuned for subsequent fishing report.

Going to get a bite to eat and then, get my gear ready for fishing.

Prayers for those who need it (that is all of us) and may Gods blessings upon you be forever.

Good morning everyone.

Good day yesterday. I got plenty of little chores done outside. With today's rain it's a little shopping and inside stuff.

@BBUK Get after that decluttering! After spending the night with my parents I'm shocked. I stayed upstairs in my old bedroom. I haven't been up there in years and it's as bad as my storage buildings.

I still haven't visited RR since Friday night. I don't guess there is a reason until the "announcements" start leaking out.

337261994_754030892765094_8682344530440321867_n.jpg

Wildlife Wednesday. It's officially spring but it will be another month or two before the little guys show up.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning folks. Cloudy and cool in the east. Heading back into DC.

We had a nice gathering for my daughter yesterday and now I gotta prepare for my wife’s birthday Sunday. By one of those flukes my father, daughter and wife all have birthdays in a six day period. When I was a kid there was another cluster -my maternal grandfather, paternal grandmother and brother were all born on the same day —Halloween. A mathematician could probably explain that in terms of statistical probability but it is beyond me.

Not much else happening so far, so I’ll wish you all well and check in later.

Good morning everyone.

Good day yesterday. I got plenty of little chores done outside. With today's rain it's a little shopping and inside stuff.

@BBUK Get after that decluttering! After spending the night with my parents I'm shocked. I stayed upstairs in my old bedroom. I haven't been up there in years and it's as bad as my storage buildings.

I still haven't visited RR since Friday night. I don't guess there is a reason until the "announcements" start leaking out.

337261994_754030892765094_8682344530440321867_n.jpg

Wildlife Wednesday. It's officially spring but it will be another month or two before the little guys show up.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Decluttering can be a life time event. Yesterday my wife and I tackled her side of the garage. I keep my pickup on my side of the garage and I never leave it out. My wife carried so much junk to the garage she had to keep her car outside because there was no room for it in the garage. Most of the "junk" was Christmas decorations.

Now keeping the car outside is dangerous. Twice before squirrels chewed through the wiring and a second time chewed through a gas line. It took over 6 weeks to get a part from Germany. But we worked together and cleaned out enough space to get her car back in the garage before the squirrels attacked it.

Good morning D, we are back in the book of Psalms.
Sprinter here in Western Ky, spring one day, winter the next!!!!
Still really busy making stained glass and arrowhead hunting. If any of the D wants to know a little bit about Cord, look up Apple House Mercantile in Central City on FB, you'll have to scroll around a little but you will find me.

Please pray for Mrs. M, she had a test done last week, they called her Monday and want her back in to do some more tests, not going into it yet, but will let y'all know later or no news will be good news.

I hope the D has a great day and my prayers are for those of the D who need them!!!!!

Decluttering can be a life time event. Yesterday my wife and I tackled her side of the garage. I keep my pickup on my side of the garage and I never leave it out. My wife carried so much junk to the garage she had to keep her car outside because there was no room for it in the garage. Most of the "junk" was Christmas decorations.

Now keeping the car outside is dangerous. Twice before squirrels chewed through the wiring and a second time chewed through a gas line. It took over 6 weeks to get a part from Germany. But we worked together and cleaned out enough space to get her car back in the garage before the squirrels attacked it.
Much of the clutter was Christmas stuff. Dad blames it on Mom, but much of the stuff was his.

Some Quotes:

Lewis-Mayor.jpeg
I loved him.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 68°F and cloudy. Received much drizzle + light rain yesterday and I still walked 90 minutes. Clearing this afternoon. Today's high expected around 80°F.

Chemo Round 3 begins this morning after labs. Please, no more carboplatin. Please. Depart here around 7:30 am.

City trying to expand our light rail. Noble endeavor. Unfortunately, price tag matches aspirations.

Keeping it short this morning. Wishing all an awesome Happy Hump day.

maxresdefault.jpg
Good luck on the chemo, if there is such a thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT