ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Never tried Crack obviously but my sister made Christmas Crack and it's definitely addicting.

Christmas-Crack-Chex-Mix-6.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 69°F and cloudy. We may hit 79°F again today.

Finally resolved Microsoft issue yesterday, at least via workaround. Workaround involves providing groups read privileges at root level within hierarchy. Now comes clean-up.

Yesterday, I also worked from home. Needed that external connection. Director gave his blessing.

No drinking last night. Feel great today. Happy Friday, y'all.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

pastry.jpg

Good Friday Morning

Another perfect day with 60° at the moment, headed up to 78° this afternoon. Sunny skies and 2% chance of rain.

I have a couple of things going on this morning. A quick doctor visit to go over the lab results from blood work I had last week and then on to the gym for some cardiac workout.
We have all of the Christmas decorations up so I might relax this afternoon next to the pool and just chill for a spell.

But first a hardy breakfast and another cup of coffee. Y'all take care and prayers all are well and slept good last night. I sure did.

318094139_10226566463099399_8744086612796799175_n.jpg

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

44° this morning with a high of mid 50's expected.

Usually train my one student Mondays and Thursdays but since my daughter's birthday was yesterday, I shifted training to today. Spar day where I let her beat me up for a while.

Hate this 1 game a week time of year for basketball. Need some more sporting events (worth watching that is). But, we have a couple games of interest for tomorrow. UK vs Yale and the Army Navy game which I watch every year. GO ARMY! One of my brothers was in the Navy for a few years so some light ribbing for tomorrow expected. Should be a close game although it might be a bit boring as neither are very good.

Watched White Christmas yesterday (always a good one) as it is one of my must watches every season. Along with the usual movies/animated shows I also like to watch Stalag 17 and Donovan's Reef around this time frame.

Well, those working keep on plugging on and those relaxing enjoy your day.

To all: God Bless.

This is "downtown" of my Florida home and it sure is different than the Chamber of Commerce post cards showing Disney World and sandy beaches. But it is a community and Old Florida, a time long past. Wooden ceilings for covered sidewalks is not in modern building plans.

318833159_6429985623683405_5936992961291393823_n.jpg
Which small downtown is this? As you probably already know I love the Nature Coast and Old Florida. I sure wish my wife wasn't so much of a home body (mountain girl). But the good far outweighs the bad.

Good morning folks. Hope all is well.

Chilling in the lobby of a Jiffy Lube, getting my wife’s car serviced so she can take a weekend trip to see family in Delaware with our daughter. I’m skipping this round to finish work ahead of my surgery next week.

Thanks for that shot of Brooksville Sawnee. My mother is from the OTHER Brooksville, county seat of Bracken County, Kentucky, population 500. We used to go there as kids in the early 1960s to get our haircuts -90 cents, and if I kept my mouth shut my parents would forget the dime change —two packs of Topps baseball cards!

Brooksville Kentucky was a classic Kentucky county seat in those days -I remember the county court house had a tower with four clock faces and the times on the clocks never synchronized-it was a different time whichever direction you approached from. I guess it didn’t matter that much in those days. There was a jail in the basement of the court house and my grandfather ended up there once in a while after a drunken night at the local pool hall. I remember when I was about eight going there with my mother one morning to pick him up and he didn’t seem any the worse for the experience. As I recall we went to a local diner and got a plate of what the locals called Bulldog Gravy and biscuits -basically just a thick white gravy made with milk and bacon grease.

Good times.

Last edited:
Same here @Sawnee Cat, she is one fine lady.
Thank you Bert, coming from you I consider that a high compliment. You raised some beautiful, smart and successful children that you and Shirley must be very proud of.

Parenting is a huge reason kids do well in life. Not that a person without good parenting can't but it sure helps. But this is America and if you really apply you can make it and do well.

@Sawnee Cat We were in both Brooksville and Inverness last Feb. But, we didn't get into the old downtown portion. Hopefully at some point I can talk my wife into staying a couple of weeks vs one. We talked about 2 trips this winter but that's not going to happen.
I can tell you some very, very good local eating establishments that are known to locals and are not the chains you find in every town in America.

My favorite is Florida Cracker Kitchen and every guest I have taken there has raved about it. My cousin was vacationing at Ann Maria Island and drove up here, over 100 miles, just to eat there. It is very Old South and every thing is made from scratch. It is located right next to the gun shop.

unspecified-11.jpeg
unspecified-6-1.jpeg

Hello all, hard at it again but in a different direction. My Darling is finally feeling better and we are decluttering... I am thankful. I am waiting to pick up the BB. We have work to do. That boys a working man too. He pitches in immediately and does good work.

Hello, What kind of coffee do any of you drink? I've been using Folgers medium blend for a good while. No complaints but always open to a decent cup of joe. (No starbucks as I can take a cup of that and make four cups.)

My earliest memory of coffee was the old Duncan Doughnuts coffee. Just regular black coffee perked in the old glass pot. Seems the days of just a decent cup of coffee is gone versus a $6.00 cup. I eat meals for way less than $6.00... (Just me...)

Hello, What kind of coffee do any of you drink? I've been using Folgers medium blend for a good while. No complaints but always open to a decent cup of joe. (No starbucks as I can take a cup of that and make four cups.)

My earliest memory of coffee was the old Duncan Doughnuts coffee. Just regular black coffee perked in the old glass pot. Seems the days of just a decent cup of coffee is gone versus a $6.00 cup. I eat meals for way less than $6.00... (Just me...)
I am not into fancy coffees and certainly would never pay $5 or $6 for a cup. I don't pay that much a pound.

I am a traditionalist and drink brands like Eight O'Clock and Folgers. Also like Dunkin. I detest Starbucks and I can;t recall buying it but I did have a cup once when somebody else bought the coffee.

I am also a lover of Cuban coffee, black and strong. I drink all coffee black and strong and have never added anything to a cup of coffee. The very first thing I do when I get out of bed is head to the coffee pot and brew some coffee. A pot at a time. I drink coffee early in the morning and then switch to ice tea. I will drink Cuban coffee all day and into the night.

Last edited:
I am not into fancy coffees and certainly would never pay $5 or $6 for a cup. I don't pay that much a pound.

I am a traditionalist and drink brands like Eight O'Clock and Folgers. Also like Dunkin. I detest Starbucks and I can;t recall buying it but I did have a cup once when somebody else bought the coffee.

I am also a lover of Cuban coffee, black and strong. I drink all coffee black and strong and have never added anything to a cup of coffee. The very first thing I do when I get out of bed is head to the coffee pot and brew some coffee. A pot at a time. I drink coffee early in the morning and then switch to ice tea. I will drink Cuban coffee all day and into the night.
Old DI style coffee drinker I see. Black and strong. Only one I buy now is Folger Black Silk and drink it black. Tried some of the Black Rifle Coffee Company since it is run by vets and while good, it is a bit expensive.

I really enjoy "Dark Magic" but like Bass Ale no longer available so I'm sol as well as obsolete. Today, I'm drinking "My Coffee" dark roast but It's nothing to get excited about and certainly does't justify the cost. Folgers Dark Silk?

Last edited:
I drank this while I was in Korea. Too strong for me but I watered it down. (If I kept to a certain portion I'd be good but I never held with limits...)

41dmnvKkxES._AC_.jpg

I snagged this picture off the internet but I had a picture somewhere. The KN's that worked for me after I supplied a bag swore by this stuff. Had to keep buying it for them at the commissary...

I roasted my own beans for several years back when we drank coffee daily. I actually enjoyed the process and it turned out a damn fine cup of Joe. Now we only drink coffee on Sunday mornings. A daily habit that I miss but it eventually made me feel awful even after one cup. Hot tea now in the mornings. I know, I know.

I tried two cups of coffee in my life. Couldn't finish either one. The first I was on guard duty and was freezing. Got a break and tried to warm up with coffee. Just couldn't get it down. That reminds me of something. We had German Shepards for sentry dogs. Below a certain temperature, dogs were not allowed to walk a beat, but we had to.

I tried two cups of coffee in my life. Couldn't finish either one. The first I was on guard duty and was freezing. Got a break and tried to warm up with coffee. Just couldn't get it down. That reminds me of something. We had German Shepards for sentry dogs. Below a certain temperature, dogs were not allowed to walk a beat, but we had to.
It cost more to replace a dog than a man.

I roasted my own beans for several years back when we drank coffee daily. I actually enjoyed the process and it turned out a damn fine cup of Joe. Now we only drink coffee on Sunday mornings. A daily habit that I miss but it eventually made me feel awful even after one cup. Hot tea now in the mornings. I know, I know.

Yeah, even the watered down state I drink coffee. I only drink coffee five or so days a week at most. (At least I cut down a couple pots a week and drink even less.) Once I stop a day and I feel a headache, I quit cold turkey for several days.

I haven't had a beer in a couple weeks but I have them in the fridge. I think I may in a few minutes. Haven't felt like drinking anything other than water for a couple weeks...

I drink coffee with either almond/ coconut or coconut milk. Both unsweetened though I drink it black most of the time but am on a cycle now of drinking colored coffee.

Water a lot (RO), coffee, coke only at a restaurant, and a beer a few times a week. Oh and buttermilk in my biscuits... Can't forget the buttermilk... 😁

I've drank two cups hot tea daily since 2009. Antioxidants = good for us.

Sherry and I drink Folgers Classic. Sometimes I mix Folgers Classic with Folgers Columbian which make it a little richer. A pot is brewing now. We simply use a Mr Coffee to brew it. The 12 cups will be gone come 10 am.

My big sin is good sippin' whiskey, a Higginbotham trait. I love the stuff and usually have some on a daily basis. I like beer but I chose whiskey nearly every time except in the hot summer time or when the occasion calls for a beer. I don't like mixed drinks because whiskey and beer are simply a lot better.

It is a cool 47°F here and on our way to 50°. Wednesday and Thursday we ended up with 1.64" of rain that we really needed. We have an 80% chance of rain today.

Yale today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT