ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Yale brought their refs.

Oscar should have had 25 free throws. Nearly every time he got the ball he was fouled but he ended up with 3 FT's. GEEZE.

The refs were crooks. I don't ever remember seeing one of them ever call a game. There were probably all from the Ivy League.

I am sorry but the powers-that-be are one sided. Today it sucked.

Additionally, Cal is really failing as a coach. He needs to grow some balls and get nasty.
Dang Bert, you are scaring me. I had to work and came here to check in on the game (Rafters is a joke) and you had be convinced the Cats lost. I will take your word that I don’t need to watch a replay.

Hello All,

My Darling and I hit the stores and just arrived back home. I missed it I guess... geez why can't I get excited about UK basketball??? I want to... I love it but darn I'd previously never even think of missing a game....

The commissary had a few good deals, the Asian markets we hit a couple. Dropped off some clothes to Goodwill. Sitting here for a while and then will hit the declutter button... Go Cats in any event...:(

I got my exercise grips. I will keep one at work and one at my desk. I used them continuously before but it has been a good while since I gave the pair to a friend who i thought would use them. Still looking for a used total gym as that was a great resource for me before we went to Korea. The treadmill I have and have my plan in motion... Oh well, have a great rest of your day(s)!
I use a total gym and have for over 20 years now. I like it.

Go Army, beat those water lilies!
0654b1_725ce3fb42f543da949e61aa26ba0676~mv2.jpg

5.jpg

"Old Ironsides"
Helmet360.gif

A5FXGYRRZAI6DP3VU42GPR66PE.jpg

Last edited:
Dang Bert, you are scaring me. I had to work and came here to check in on the game (Rafters is a joke) and you had be convinced the Cats lost. I will take your word that I don’t need to watch a replay.
It would have been ugly without Oscar.

I am watching the snooze fest that is the Army/Navy game. Navy was ahead 3-0 with a little over a minute left in the first half with the Navy punting to the Army. The punt was blocked, and it rolled into the endzone with the Army recovering for a touchdown.

Watch the replay. But the Cats got a bad whistle. Sorry, but I know the sport.

The refs sucked big time in my book.

They fouled the shit out of Oscar and he ended up with a whopping 3 FT's.

That goose could hurt you. I've had my encounters previously but did not realize the arsenal they have inside their mouths..... WoW...
Impressive but geese are big clumsy grazers. They'll bluff only long enough to determine whether you're serious or to distract your attention. The most damage they can inflict is brusing, from beak pinch, wing slaps and/or kicks. When attacked use boxing skills. A slap on the beak is not some thing they forget and effective. They don't stand and fight.

Impressive but geese are big clumsy grazers. They'll bluff only long enough to determine whether you're serious or to distract your attention. The most damage they can inflict is brusing, from beak pinch, wing slaps and/or kicks. When attacked use boxing skills. A slap on the beak is not some thing they forget and effective. They don't stand and fight.

Yeah we had a bunch of those around our pond in Summerville, SC. They were aggressive until they got a swat across the beak. I just never realized the extent of damage they could do if it happened. Those choppers are serious looking. Looking at those tools from afar is okay.

Just looked at the box scores... Wheeler with one assist in 34 minutes.... Ouch... The O scored half the UK's points... Just flabbergasting the players that get the time no matter what. Confuses me as I know I don't know the intricacies of basketball but darn I know the bare basics...If Wheeler is not getting assists you have to have someone else in the game...

Gotta be honest. The Cats look lost on offense. No real game plan. Toppin and Collins have been disappointing to say the least. I had high hopes for them this year. It's still early. Plenty of time. Thiero is one guy that I hope finds more playing time. Per Cal he's been sick the past few games but I'd really hate to see the young man transfer due to lack of playing time. Just a gut feeling but I feel he could become a special player that sticks around for 3 or 4 years.

Agree with Bert on the referees today. Oscar could file felony charges on some of his possessions.

No. I'm roughly 10-12 years older. Attended/grad MHS '78-'79. Spent a few years in FL prior. We know many of same folks.

So my 5 older siblings all went to Powell Valley HS & the brother closest in age to me is 9yrs older so - you may know him

Have we had this
conversation before?

I know weve discussed the shared geolocation factor but did you know Bobby Cox, Tad Hensley, Tim Bozeman, Alex Carr or Mike Mize?

So my 5 older siblings all went to Powell Valley HS & the brother closest in age to me is 9yrs older so - you may know him

Have we had this
conversation before?

I know weve discussed the shared geolocation factor but did you know Bobby Cox, Tad Hensley, Tim Bozeman, Alex Carr or Mike Mize?
Yes, we have. I knew Bobby and Mike. My ex also attended Powell Valley HS.

Spent a couple of years working in the 1st Armored Division Headquarters in Bad Kreuznach Germany and was given the beer stein trimmed in 14 karat gold shown below when I changed duty stations back to the US.

20221210-142653.jpg

20221210-142752.jpg

20221210-142925.jpg
Awesome. Spent much of my career with either 1AD, 2AD or 3AD. Good times and bad.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 62°F and cloudy. Temps remaining steady throughout most of today. Rain in our forecast beginning tomorrow, thankfully.

Wife and I watched Home Alone 1 and 2 after Cats game yesterday. Meh. No alcoholic beverages since Dec 3. Except for a constant small headache, feeling good otherwise.

Heading out grocery shopping after a morning walk. May work a few projects around here.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Noodle-Ring-Day.png

It is a cool 47.5°F here and we are on our way to a whopping 51°. Yesterday it was foggy and rainy most of the day but not a productive rain as we only got .11 inches. Not quite as productive as Kentucky's basketball offense!

It was nice to see Alabama beat number 1 Houston and it was also nice to see Arizona down Indiana. We still don't know who the good teams are yet as higher ranked teams are still gettting upset as often as not. I am glad that lowly Memphis beat Auburn, I simply don't like Bruce Pearl.

You all have a good Sunday.

Good morning everyone.

Busy yesterday bear hunting. I didn't spot any bear but did see a couple of deer. Church set up, church, and then some hunting this evening for today.

What happened to the Cats? I listened to the first 10 min on the radio and everything seemed to be going good. By the time I began watching, it was dribble around til 10 seconds left. ??? Oscar is great and all but when we go exclusively to him everyone else goes to sleep.

That is an awesome house Sawnee. Too fancy for my taste, but my wife would fall in love. But, ............ lol. I would like to downsize what we have now. I wish we didn't add on back in our younger days when we wanted more stuff, more room, more, more, more.

Everyone have a great and blessed Sunday.

Last edited:
It is a cool 47.5°F here and we are on our way to a whopping 51°. Yesterday it was foggy and rainy most of the day but not a productive rain as we only got .11 inches. Not quite as productive as Kentucky's basketball offense!

It was nice to see Alabama beat number 1 Houston and it was also nice to see Arizona down Indiana. We still don't know who the good teams are yet as higher ranked teams are still gettting upset as often as not. I am glad that lowly Memphis beat Auburn, I simply don't like Bruce Pearl.

You all have a good Sunday.
Good Morning Bert,

Anytime Bruce Pearl loses I am happy. I see he received a lifetime contract like Cal so he should be in the SEC for a spell.

I was impressed by the comeback of Alabama. Houston had a nice lead and Bama came roaring back and had 4 freshment on the floor at times, 3 freshmen are key on their team and solid players. They looked seasoned already. Bama has beaten 2 number one teams this year. UNC and Houston. Neither game was at Alabama. They are going to be hard to handle if we have to go down there.

Good morning everyone.

Busy yesterday bear hunting. I didn't spot any bear but did see a couple of deer. Church set up, church, and then some hunting this evening for today.

What happened to the Cats? I listened to the first 10 min on the radio and everything seemed to be going good. By the time I began watching, it was dribble around til 10 seconds left. ??? Oscar is great and all but when we go exclusively to him everyone else goes to sleep.

That is an awesome house Sawnee. Too fancy for my taste, but my wife would fall in love. But, ............ lol. I would like to downsize what we have now. I wish we didn't add on back in our younger days when we wanted more stuff, more room, more, more, more.

Everyone have a great and blessed Sunday.
The hardest thing my wife and I have faced in our last years is downsizing. I have been able to do it to a degree but my wife, no. She is too sentimental. About the only way she will part from is something to give to the church or a charity. She likes to give.

I explained to her that when we are gone somebody will come in and junk everything, have an estate sale and give it away or end up throwing it away. I see it all the time. None of my kids want any material things from us because they have their own homes and plenty of stuff now.

This is something my grandparents did not have to worry about. They didn't have much to give away or downsize. About their only possessions was precious land.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

43° this morning with around 50° expected for a high with light winds.

A UK win, a UL loss, and an Army win over Navy is a good trifecta for me but, a Bengals win with a Ravens loss would put icing and a cherry on top of the cake.

You folks relax and enjoy your Sunday and God Bless.

Good morning folks. Taking it easy this morning after spending Saturday working and getting some of my Christmas shopping done.

My wife and daughter are away on a visit so I have the house to myself.

Glad for a Cats win. Not where the team needs to be but moving in the right direction. A season is hard to predict. This weekend last year the Cats lost to Notre Dame - one on the worst losses of the season. Then over the next month, beginning with the UNC-Cheats game, the team played the best basketball any team played all season. We’ll see.

Hope it’s a good day for all.

Good morning folks. Taking it easy this morning after spending Saturday working and getting some of my Christmas shopping done.

My wife and daughter are away on a visit so I have the house to myself.

Glad for a Cats win. Not where the team needs to be but moving in the right direction. A season is hard to predict. This weekend last year the Cats lost to Notre Dame - one on the worst losses of the season. Then over the next month, beginning with the UNC-Cheats game, the team played the best basketball any team played all season. We’ll see.

Hope it’s a good day for all.

It is all how it ends up. The journey has been tainted.

I always liked him too. He was a nice person and talented.

After baseball he had a nice beer distributorship (Bud) in Gainesville, FL and did quite well.
When with the Cardinals, he and a bunch of other players used to come to far western Ky where the Ohio and Miss rivers meet to hunt during the off season. I hadn't realized the hand and knee injuries was what sapped much of his power late in his career.

The hardest thing my wife and I have faced in our last years is downsizing. I have been able to do it to a degree but my wife, no. She is too sentimental. About the only way she will part from is something to give to the church or a charity. She likes to give.

I explained to her that when we are gone somebody will come in and junk everything, have an estate sale and give it away or end up throwing it away. I see it all the time. None of my kids want any material things from us because they have their own homes and plenty of stuff now.

This is something my grandparents did not have to worry about. They didn't have much to give away or downsize. About their only possessions was precious land.
When I moved from Jacksonville to Smiths Grove in 2000 we downsized. Our house was so crammed with furniture that we could not move around in it.

We gave a bunch of stuff to the kids and still were cramped.

So dumb Bert and Sherry immediately added on until we are back to the same size. We still have too much stuff. We should have had an estate sale and lived with it.

Roger Maris ended up with a remarkable career and a lasting place in baseball history without, one could argue, elite talent by MLB standards. In other words, he was blessed. And he seemed worthy of it.

Think of his career -traded to the Yankees in time to be part of five World Series teams. Then, as the Yankees are fading, he gets traded to the Cardinals and ends his career with two WS appearances and retires as a National Champion.

And he is in just the right place at the right time for his historic achievement -61 home runs, a high percentage in a right field corner which would not have been HRs in any other park.

Hey, we should all have careers that play out like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT