ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Since I brought up Ronco/Popeil, I did a little research. How many Pocket Fishermans have been sold? The answer is 35 million! I find that hard to believe. Ron Popeil passed away last year with an estimated net worth of 200 million. Ronco bit the dust in 2018. You have to admit, the guy was one hell of a salesman. Correction, one hell of a late night salesman.

Last edited:
Since I brought up Ronco/Popeil, I did a little research. How many Pocket Fishermans have been sold? The answer is 35 million! I find that hard to believe. Ron Popeil passed away last year with an estimated net worth of 200 million. Ronco bit the dust in 2018. You have to admit, the guy was one hell of a salesman. Correction, one hell of a late night salesman.
Ha ha, I owned a Pocket Fisherman. Mom purchased for me back during the mid-70s. It was okay, especially for real tight spots, but novelty wore off when competing against Zebco 404 with 5 ft rod.

285253345_2846415355666051_8416091717279357869_n.jpg
Brings back memories of an old commercial.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 77°F and mostly cloudy. Spotty precipitation. Today's high expected around 97°F.

Received bad news yesterday about a death in the family. Niece, who lived in Corbin, passed away at age 51. She'd experienced a toe amputation for some reason and suffered a fatal stroke shortly after. Heard about her passing through a message on Facebook. Called my daughter and she confirmed. Sad. RIP.

Plan on heading back to SE KY on July 2nd. Hopefully visit Bert and Sherry on July 8. Looking forward to it.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

national-macaroon-day-may-311.png

Morning D-Legionnaires!

low 90's on tap for today with rain tonight through Thursday. Winds 20-20mph with higher gust possible (normal). It has been that way all weekend.

Semi full day happening with workout coming up shortly, house cleaning after wife leaves for work, and grass cutting/weed eating after house cleaning. All morning tasks. Will rest after lunch because I have 2 softball games tonight. Have not had a chance to try new bat since last week it rained for 2 days before and also game day. Hopefully the rain coming in tonight will wait until games played.

Hoping all have a (good shortened) week.

Good Morning all,

WoW what a four day "working" weekend. (My Darling and I did work ridiculously as we took another trip back to Summerville, SC.) We had the BB in tow this time and BOY did we have fun! (Papa's "new house", about 2100sf on one level allowed me and the BB to run and run and run. (And he/ we did.)

He caught his first fish and then another and another, and another in short order in our pond. He enjoyed the small toy plastic fish just as much if not more throwing it around in our house using his fishing pole.

The BB took his first ocean dunking and came out smacking the ocean for dunking him but he was laughing too so it was all good.

He got home late last night to his Mom's arm's and I know was asleep in about 30 minutes. My Darling and I were wiped out to state the least. Overly exhausted to state the most. Good now though as My Darling is up and about this morning working her garden.

284204487_5700173846662815_1159443609799543654_n.jpg

I hope you all have a great day!

Last edited:
Good morning D

We are nearing our regular weather pattern with warm humid days, lots of sunshine and afternoon thunderstorms. Tomorrow starts Hurricane Season 2022 and the time to be prepared is now, not when Hurricane Bubba is bearing down on the coast. So for the next 10 or 12 days we will have the annual state waiver of sales tax for items necessary to protect life and property in the event of a storm. So we will take advantage of that.

A very positive law was signed yesterday by the governor which addressed Property Insurance Reform and lowering of costs. A special session was called to address rising insurance costs, increase insurance claim transparency and crack down on frivolous lawsuits. Home owner insurance costs were getting out of control, mainly because of attorneys and their stupid lawsuits. Florida has always had a history of out of control lawyers who sue at the drop of a hat and drive up costs for everybody.

One example of the old screwed up property insurance: Under the old law if your roof was damaged by a Named Storm you got a new roof. It could be 30 years old and leaking and you got a new roof. So Hurricane Deductibles were out of sight and insurance companies could require a homeowner put on a new roof if they wanted to buy insurance from them. People would let their roof go, praying for a hurricane so they could get a new one. Even those without damage could get an attorney and often end up with a new roof. And we all paid for it in increased premiums. That has come to an end. Thank the Good Lord. It is nice to have a governor who is not tied into insurance companies and lawyers who are sue happy. And a State Legislature who put the people first.

I see where Top Gun / Maverick took in $156 million this weekend. I really enjoyed it and may see it again. I trust all have a great day as we get ready for Hurricane Season down here. The best to everyone on this day. SC

The rerouting of our sewer line has begun followed soon after by the rerouting of our bank account. It's going to be a mess. Jackhammers, backhoes, large drills, holes in my basement walls, lost landscaping, huge trench going through the front yard and the loss of part of my driveway. It's only money.

Good morning folks. I just got back from the dentist. I was eating lunch yesterday and a molar broke. No pain. So this morning I saw the dentist and I now have a temporary cap on the tooth. The permanent one will be installed June 16. So now I have half a tongue and half a lip. The numbness will be here for hours as I am not quick to get the feeling back.

It is 81.0°F on our way to 89°. I bet it gets to 90.

@UK82 , maintenance on houses can be rough some times.

@Sawnee Cat I was living in Florida after Andrew hit and a year or so after that many insurance carriers quit writing insurance there. The State then filled the vacuum with their own brand. Ron is doing a great job for Florida. Our property insurance in Kentucky is high and is probably because of lawyers also. I wish the U.S. would steal Florida's Governor and force him to be our President!

The rerouting of our sewer line has begun followed soon after by the rerouting of our bank account. It's going to be a mess. Jackhammers, backhoes, large drills, holes in my basement walls, lost landscaping, huge trench going through the front yard and the loss of part of my driveway. It's only money.
Home repairs today cost more than my first house. I bought a 3 bedroom, 2 bath and attached garage CBS home with a Spanish tile roof for a little over $10,000 in 1970. For another $1,500, it came completely furnished including dishes, silverware and garden tools in the garage. Lawn mower and all.

I bought it from a New Yorker who found out after he moved down here he did not like sunshine. He had completely furnished the house with furniture for this climate and didn't want to take it back to Buffalo so I got a good deal.

Now it costs me more to drill an irrigation well than that house cost.

Last edited:

Home repairs today cost more than my first house. I bought a 3 bedroom, 2 bath and attached garage CBS home with a Spanish tile roof for a little over $10,000 in 1970. For another $1,500, it came completely furnished including dishes, silverware and garden tools in the garage. Lawn mower and all.

I bought it from a New Yorker who found out after he moved down here he did not like sunshine. He had completely furnished the house with furniture for this climate and didn't want to take it back to Buffalo so I got a good deal.

Now it costs me more to drill an irrigation well than that house cost.
My first house in Okolona, KY was a whopping $17,000. Ten years ago my new roof cost over $10,000.

My old house in Jacksonville just sold and I am embarrassed at what I sold it for. I was a sucker.

If you grew up in the South in the 1950's or early 1960's, chances are you had a pickup with a gun rack and the gun racks was full. Nobody I knew used their rifles or shotguns to commit a crime and certainly no one threatened a school. Something has changed in our culture over the years and we are in a mess now. We probably had more guns in families then, percentage wise, than now. I don't recall knowing anyone who did not have at least a squirrel gun. Evil has entered the American scene.

284261578_5060736293979466_4659793670999085067_n.jpg

I scored 33

FUC1hkiUUAE6wRd

No lie, I've had everyone of them, many, multiple times. (Even the Darned gizzards but I conquered that ailment.)(And I had Frog Legs once, just once...)(I don't do those no more neither, don't even like to think about them...)

I was born a Michigander.... sigh... (It's the common sewer in me. Or is that connoisseur.. I always mix those up...)

Last edited:
I scored 33

FUC1hkiUUAE6wRd
I got 31, but it would have been better if it had been about 26. Several of those were a one off, what the hell, type of thing.

I"ve had liver and onions, not iiver mush. I've had rabbit fried and grilled, never had the stew. I've had oysters in a casserole, but not an oyster casserole. Those things I would eat again.

I got 31, but it would have been better if it had been about 26. Several of those were a one off, what the hell, type of thing.

I"ve had liver and onions, not iiver mush. I've had rabbit fried and grilled, never had the stew. I've had oysters in a casserole, but not an oyster casserole. Those things I would eat again.

Have to admit I was soused when I ate that souse meat sandwich. BUT, I had another one...

Good afternoon! Home from the golf course with dishes waiting on me. Shot a 74 today and was not happy at all. Had an eagle and 3 birdies on the day but wiped them out with 3 double bogies and a bogie. Double bogied 18 just so I couldn't shoot a par for the day.

Today's and tomorrow's games are bullshit anyway. Not the premise. We are playing red, white, and blue tees for this week. We usually do it on the week of the 4th of July when it seems to make more sense. Bullshit because we can't use the scores to adjust handicaps. Good thing for me. This 74 would knock me down to a 4. My handicap is now 5. 3 is the lowest I ever got when I was playing this course and the course plays much harder now than it did 20 years ago.

I am a better putter than I was then, but my driver and irons are not as accurate. Technology has allowed me to keep up. Big shout out to Ibuprofen as well! Their slogan should be "60 is the new 40, Better Living Through Chemistry"

Have to admit I was soused when I ate that souse meat sandwich. BUT, I had another one...
I counted that one because I did take a bite of it one time. ONE TIME! I don't remember where it was but I was working someplace and those people thought that shit was food! I've ate Vienna Sausages, I'm no prude. I think sardines are a delicacy. Oil, Mustard, Hot Sauce, I don't care, I love those things with crackers. That souse shit though? I'd vote for 40 round magazines before I would OK that crap.

Day 1 down. Good news though. They sent 2 1/2 crews so they'll finish with the sewer reroute tomorrow. The trench isn't as wide as I thought but man it's still a hell of a lot of dirt. The basement, especially the laundry room looks like a bomb went off.

I have had every one of them. As I counted 42. Many times for each. Liver mush is to die for. It is a Western North Carolina delicacy and also found in South Carolina in Up State. We lived in Valdese, NC a few years and it was a huge breakfast food. Mama fried it for breakfast but it was also a good supper food. My favorite brand is Jenkins. Unfortunately we do not get it in Florida but I have friends in Hickory, NC that send it down to me when I want some. I love the stuff. Shelby, NC is famous for it and even have a Liver Mush Festival

R.d60b81c76d93b7258e2710cb148d4983

Fry it up like Spam

Liver_Mush-scaled.jpg

No lie, I've had everyone of them, many, multiple times. (Even the Darned gizzards but I conquered that ailment.)(And I had Frog Legs once, just once...)(I don't do those no more neither, don't even like to think about them...)

I was born a Michigander.... sigh... (It's the common sewer in me. Or is that connoisseur.. I always mix those up...)

One thing missing from the list is Swamp Cabbage. But I imagine it would only be known in areas that have Sable Palms or a Cabbage Palm because that is where you get it.

While my wife was gone I maneuvered the speakers to be optimal for my seating position. I moved them about 3 feet from the wall and aimed each at my seat. I forgot to put things back before she got home and she called me on it as soon as we sat down. I was caught off guard.

Today, I sat in her seat and came up with an arrangement where she can see the full tv and I can have the sweet spot with the speakers. We're both happy, but for different reasons. Even Steven.

Gas went from $4.27 to $4.59 here today. At this rate, I'll just have my work check direct deposited to the local gas station in another month or so.
I wish it would hurry up and get to 5 so I can feel like I'm REALLY helping Ukraine.

Here's the game plan according to my understanding of the duplicity of the democrat party.

Gas will continue to increase in price until January 10 2023. This is the date that the last place candidate for the Democrat party will become the Defacto President of the United States. We WILL have a black woman President whether we like, or voted for it, or not.

This is the world we have created for ourselves. Identity politics dictates that you no longer have to prove yourself. You can merely hide behind and piggyback off of your particular minority.

While my wife was gone I maneuvered the speakers to be optimal for my seating position. I moved them about 3 feet from the wall and aimed each at my seat. I forgot to put things back before she got home and she called me on it as soon as we sat down. I was caught off guard.

Today, I sat in her seat and came up with an arrangement where she can see the full tv and I can have the sweet spot with the speakers. We're both happy, but for different reasons. Even Steven.
My Marantz processor has Audyssey room correction built in. It works well but I still have to tweak using a sound level meter.

No doubt in my mind that, a California whore was able to suck a dick and become the President of the United States. What am I supposed to rule out after that? This is a bad plot to a terrible straight to digital youtube movie.

If Harris becomes President, then the masses should take to the streets. The Emperor will obviously be naked at that point.

Good afternoon! Home from the golf course with dishes waiting on me. Shot a 74 today and was not happy at all. Had an eagle and 3 birdies on the day but wiped them out with 3 double bogies and a bogie. Double bogied 18 just so I couldn't shoot a par for the day.

Today's and tomorrow's games are bullshit anyway. Not the premise. We are playing red, white, and blue tees for this week. We usually do it on the week of the 4th of July when it seems to make more sense. Bullshit because we can't use the scores to adjust handicaps. Good thing for me. This 74 would knock me down to a 4. My handicap is now 5. 3 is the lowest I ever got when I was playing this course and the course plays much harder now than it did 20 years ago.

I am a better putter than I was then, but my driver and irons are not as accurate. Technology has allowed me to keep up. Big shout out to Ibuprofen as well! Their slogan should be "60 is the new 40, Better Living Through Chemistry"

Don't be "chipping" the dishes mind you....

I counted that one because I did take a bite of it one time. ONE TIME! I don't remember where it was but I was working someplace and those people thought that shit was food! I've ate Vienna Sausages, I'm no prude. I think sardines are a delicacy. Oil, Mustard, Hot Sauce, I don't care, I love those things with crackers. That souse shit though? I'd vote for 40 round magazines before I would OK that crap.

I am with you on that for sure. I distinctly remember those "sandwiches". To this day I still have some things I wish I had just, not, done... (A souse meat sandwich falls into that category...) :(

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT