ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Yep, even in Jacksonville you have lots of Northern plates along with a bunch of Canadian plates through out the last fall and winter. Then puff they go away.

If I plan on staying the winter in Florida I am going to come to Sawnee's house and save a lot of money. I even like the same breakfasts foods that he cooks! :)

Heck I even like setting out in a screened in pool even when it is too cold to swim.

Did you all know this?
280190586_10228015535518596_4380448781901520571_n.jpg

Yep, even in Jacksonville you have lots of Northern plates along with a bunch of Canadian plates through out the last fall and winter. Then puff they go away.

If I plan on staying the winter in Florida I am going to come to Sawnee's house and save a lot of money. I even like the same breakfasts foods that he cooks! :)

Heck I even like setting out in a screened in pool even when it is too cold to swim.

He has gizzards now too Sir. Better decide quickly....

Lot's a gizzards...

😅

A FaceBook post from my old police chief:

KENTUCKY CAUTION:
In regards to all the people wanting to move here from New York and California as well as many other heavily populated cities across the country, and for those just wanting to come to visit:
Before you come to Kentucky you must be aware and understand what exactly is happening here. Especially around the rural and all of middle Kentucky! There's a housing shortage, rent has tripled, and folks are vacationing here in record numbers...
So, if you plan on moving here, or just plan on vacationing in our river bottoms, hill country, mountains or lakes this summer, I think you should know that wolf spiders, fire ants and bedbugs have infested hotels and motels across the area due to dryer than usual weather. The woods will eat you alive with ticks and chiggers.
Our lakes are full of gators, fresh water sharks, and creepy old guys wearing speedos.
Our rivers are full of drunks in tubes peeing themselves while the banjo players lay waiting in the bushes.
Kentucky panthers have eaten many domesticated animals and possibly some small children.
The local bear and coyote population are all 'in heat' and think your wife/girlfriend is hot.
Snakes... don’t even get me started on the water headed copper moccasins here, and the Diamond Back Rattler Cobras.
The poison ivy has overtaken all other vegetation.
We have had bear sightings at every park and town and they are after your picnic baskets….and some cougars have been spotted in motel rooms and bars.
Watch out for the jackalopes, they have been extremely aggressive this season.
We have silverback gorillas invading our parks and it’s their mating season. Porcupines are "stabbing" small children should they dare to utilize the local playground equipment.
Skunks have made their way over and multiplied at unprecedented rates and wander the local campgrounds in packs looking for beer.
Murder hornets!?! We’ve got great black clouds of murder hornets, and swarms of giant crickets and even some Oklahoma grasshoppers.
Scorpions have now migrated here and have been congregating in massive quantities under rocks, logs, wooden steps, automobiles, and tarantulas are now stealing peoples food and biting like crazy.
I’m pretty sure all private tiger owners (we had a jump in them after Tiger King debuted on Netflix) have released their cats into the streets of our cities and towns.
Head lice now fly and we have vampire bats.
Oh, and no one is vaccinated.
I hear Idaho and Louisiana are really nice though.
👍🏼

A FaceBook post from my old police chief:

KENTUCKY CAUTION:
In regards to all the people wanting to move here from New York and California as well as many other heavily populated cities across the country, and for those just wanting to come to visit:
Before you come to Kentucky you must be aware and understand what exactly is happening here. Especially around the rural and all of middle Kentucky! There's a housing shortage, rent has tripled, and folks are vacationing here in record numbers...
So, if you plan on moving here, or just plan on vacationing in our river bottoms, hill country, mountains or lakes this summer, I think you should know that wolf spiders, fire ants and bedbugs have infested hotels and motels across the area due to dryer than usual weather. The woods will eat you alive with ticks and chiggers.
Our lakes are full of gators, fresh water sharks, and creepy old guys wearing speedos.
Our rivers are full of drunks in tubes peeing themselves while the banjo players lay waiting in the bushes.
Kentucky panthers have eaten many domesticated animals and possibly some small children.
The local bear and coyote population are all 'in heat' and think your wife/girlfriend is hot.
Snakes... don’t even get me started on the water headed copper moccasins here, and the Diamond Back Rattler Cobras.
The poison ivy has overtaken all other vegetation.
We have had bear sightings at every park and town and they are after your picnic baskets….and some cougars have been spotted in motel rooms and bars.
Watch out for the jackalopes, they have been extremely aggressive this season.
We have silverback gorillas invading our parks and it’s their mating season. Porcupines are "stabbing" small children should they dare to utilize the local playground equipment.
Skunks have made their way over and multiplied at unprecedented rates and wander the local campgrounds in packs looking for beer.
Murder hornets!?! We’ve got great black clouds of murder hornets, and swarms of giant crickets and even some Oklahoma grasshoppers.
Scorpions have now migrated here and have been congregating in massive quantities under rocks, logs, wooden steps, automobiles, and tarantulas are now stealing peoples food and biting like crazy.
I’m pretty sure all private tiger owners (we had a jump in them after Tiger King debuted on Netflix) have released their cats into the streets of our cities and towns.
Head lice now fly and we have vampire bats.
Oh, and no one is vaccinated.
I hear Idaho and Louisiana are really nice though.
👍🏼

Carpetbaggers abound Sir.... Carpetbaggers abound...

My vacation is rapidly approaching! Wife leaves for NC on the 20th to be gone for 10 days. Strange things will happen over that period. The garbage will only need to be taken out every 4 days instead of once a day. I will not get up in the middle of the night and turn off random lights. The best part though? The house will stay at a constant temperature the entire time she's gone. I will be in charge of the thermostat and it will not be tampered with.

Have a D League day!
Now that's first rate. LOL. Thanks.

Shot an 84 yesterday and it was a fiasco. 8 people in our "group", 2 of us were in the game. 2 people were just riding around for the party. 6 of us were playing. Not conducive to a good round of golf.

Today, 4 of us playing, 3 in the game. Shot a 79 and started with a triple bogie for the second day in a row.

My phone is down to 8% battery. I'll have to plug that up tonight some time. Get 5 days out of a single charge. I'm an old guy who treats his phone like a phone. My phone is like my drivers license and credit card. I carry it around with me all the time, I very rarely use it. I never EVER use it when I'm waiting for the light to turn green. Bastards.

I will leave the light on for you. :) I have plenty of Old Folks and Tennessee Pride Country Sausage and my wife can make biscuits. We be ready .

We can heat the pool and swim all year. In fact that is what I do.

If I was given the choice of which animal I would eat the rest of my life, I would take a pig first off. No thinking needed. My second choice though? It would probably be cow, but chicken is going to get a good hard look. If you ask me if I want a steak with no marbling, or a chicken thigh, I'll ask you how many chicken thighs you got?

If I was given the choice of which animal I would eat the rest of my life, I would take a pig first off. No thinking needed. My second choice though? It would probably be cow, but chicken is going to get a good hard look. If you ask me if I want a steak with no marbling, or a chicken thigh, I'll ask you how many chicken thighs you got?
I am with you. I would take a pig. You can eat pig meat every meal and never get tired of it. I like beef steaks that have some fat in them, that is why I prefer a rib-eye. I eat a lot of "organ meat". Calf liver, pork liver, chicken liver, fish and chicken gizzards. I like the dark meat of chicken and turkey. To me the breast are too dry so I let the wife have them since it is her favorite piece of chicken.

But I do have a hard time eating the "lights" of beef and hog meat. My grandma always buried the "lights" with the rest of the guts when it was hog killing time. They killed hogs on Thanksgiving Day or weekend. So no lights for me either although it is a Scottish tradition to eat them in haggis and we have a Scot Irish heritage. I will eat haggis but lights by themselves, I would probably pass and let @BBUK have my share.

Talking about food makes me hungry and I smell food coming out of the kitchen. The wife is busy.

I am with you. I would take a pig. You can eat pig meat every meal and never get tired of it. I like beef steaks that have some fat in them, that is why I prefer a rib-eye. I eat a lot of "organ meat". Calf liver, pork liver, chicken liver, fish and chicken gizzards. I like the dark meat of chicken and turkey. To me the breast are too dry so I let the wife have them since it is her favorite piece of chicken.

But I do have a hard time eating the "lights" of beef and hog meat. My grandma always buried the "lights" with the rest of the guts when it was hog killing time. They killed hogs on Thanksgiving Day or weekend. So no lights for me either although it is a Scottish tradition to eat them in haggis and we have a Scot Irish heritage. I will eat haggis but lights by themselves, I would probably pass and let @BBUK have my share.

Talking about food makes me hungry and I smell food coming out of the kitchen. The wife is busy.

I never even heard of a pig gizzard. (Just my take.) 😁 ;)

Last edited:
All I've had to eat today has been beer and brats. Misleading though. Only had one brat, but plural beer.

I hadn't had a beer since mid-February then two days ago My Darling and I were in Walmart. (I passed them by two days previous to that.) but this time I loaded up with 24 Yuengling Lager bottles and 12 Yuengling Black and Tan bottles. Had two, two nights ago and one last night. Who knows what this evening brings but they are close.

Turkey

All I've had to eat today has been beer and brats. Misleading though. Only had one brat, but plural beer.
Just finished the yard work (mowing and weed eating) and cleaned up for the beer fest that generally follows. I don't drink beer generally, only after yard work and softball. Hofbrau is the beer today. Have that and Warsteiners in the fridge.

So, I was telling some guy my age (mid-60s) at work how at 91 my father's favorite TV show is still Gunsmoke, and he hit me with an obvious, but surprisingly tough question: Chester or Festus?

After a long spell of thinking about it, I think I'm going with Festus - but a close call.
My choice would be Festus as well. Watching him and Doc go at it was classic.

So, I was telling some guy my age (mid-60s) at work how at 91 my father's favorite TV show is still Gunsmoke, and he hit me with an obvious, but surprisingly tough question: Chester or Festus?

After a long spell of thinking about it, I think I'm going with Festus - but a close call.

Festus Hagan all day long. Chester never got it done in my book as far as a nearly lead character. I think of Matt and Festus in a longer term and more successful duo of Andy and Barney in the more comedy show of Andy Griffith.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT