ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Dern man. If her husband looks like Bruce....watch out.

I never liked him in my best John Wayne voice but he sure played some great bad characters. I think him killing John in the Cowboys cost him a lot of roles and fandom. Some fans go nuts over that stuff. A great character actor though. I liked him in "Diggstown". (Have that one in my collection.)

He was great in The Burbs.
Saw him the other day in Support Your Local Sheriff as one of the Danby boys.

Watched a movie earlier today before tuning in to the Reds then yard work (full day) called USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage. Knew the story and the movie is pretty much on the mark. It still pisses me off what happened to them in the water and to the commander after he got back.

I like the Yeungling beers. I like the Sam Adams beers, the Foster's Lager beers. the free beers, the cold beers, the first beer, the next beer...you see, beer is the essence of life and the mother of us all! Respect.

0846bea160c63388b48ff06ae2d128b2.jpg
9f2c5818a1a5b4e2341f43bb5dcc6d0b.jpg

WBKY was better "After Midnight"

I never liked him in my best John Wayne voice but he sure played some great bad characters. I think him killing John in the Cowboys cost him a lot of roles and fandom. Some fans go nuts over that stuff. A great character actor though. I liked him in "Diggstown". (Have that one in my collection.)
Before I messed up my leg, I ran a lot. I had a subscription to Runners World magazine. Read that Bruce Dern was a marathon runner.

Before I messed up my leg, I ran a lot. I had a subscription to Runners World magazine. Read that Bruce Dern was a marathon runner.

Dusting off John in a movie would tend to make you learn to run and run fast in my way of thinking. Seems I watched an interview where he'd have never thought the backlash from that would have been so severe. Also watched an interview where John told him he would be forever hated.

I looked it up just now and I know it's an estimate but it states Bruce is worth about 12 mil. That doesn't seem like a lot for his total body of work. It seems he'd be worth a lot more. (Just my thought process as Bruce has to be one of the top villain's to be in movies and TV.)

Dusting off John in a movie would tend to make you learn to run and run fast in my way of thinking. Seems I watched an interview where he'd have never thought the backlash from that would have been so severe. Also watched an interview where John told him he would be forever hated.

I looked it up just now and I know it's an estimate but it states Bruce is worth about 12 mil. That doesn't seem like a lot for his total body of work. It seems he'd be worth a lot more. (Just my thought process as Bruce has to be one of the top villain's to be in movies and TV.)
I just googled Dern. Till he turned 70 he was running up to 4000 miles a year. Also surprised he's only worth 12 million. His father was a governor of Utah and Eleanor Roosevelt was his godmother.

September will be the 50th anniversary of this race. I remember it well even though I was only in junior high school. I felt sorry for the guy because he forgot to remove his hat during the national anthem (medal ceremony).

Dave Wottle was one of my idols back then and primary reason I ran 880/800 event a couple years later. Thanks for the memories.

Good morning folks.

Speaking of running, as some have been, I’m about to disgrace myself.

Im nursing a bum hip, but my buddy talked me into signing up with our team as I have for eight years at the Capitol Classic race. He assured me I was one of three alternates and wouldn’t have to run —just come out for old times sake and enjoy the morning.

Well, of course, three people got COVID so now in order for our team not to be disqualified I have to hobble along for 5 kilometers and finish last among thousands of runners.

Im going to deal with it like Michael Scott on the rabies run —a dignified crawl across the finish line.

For all of you food aficionados.

How many of you eat crayfish? If so, have you ever heard of the now invasive species (Procambarus virginalis) aka Marbled Crayfish? Seems that where ever it goes it replaces the natural species already there. This one is not as large as the others (biggest 6" claw to tail) and is all female and reproduces via parthenogenesis. It reproduces in large numbers (all clones of the mother) and some developing countries are now looking at it as food source because they multiply so rapidly. It was apparently developed (for lack of a better word) as an aquarium pet in Germany in the early to mid 90's and have been sold for years around the world and is now a problem in several states including Florida @Sawnee Cat.

Just a good morning random subject I happened to come across this morning.

Last edited:
Good morning folks.

Speaking of running, as some have been, I’m about to disgrace myself.

Im nursing a bum hip, but my buddy talked me into signing up with our team as I have for eight years at the Capitol Classic race. He assured me I was one of three alternates and wouldn’t have to run —just come out for old times sake and enjoy the morning.

Well, of course, three people got COVID so now in order for our team not to be disqualified I have to hobble along for 5 kilometers and finish last among thousands of runners.

Im going to deal with it like Michael Scott on the rabies run —a dignified crawl across the finish line.
Speaking of running, I was once a distance runner until spinal stenosis hit me and that ended that. I was in my late 50's when I gave it up for good. My son runs the marathon and qualified for the Boston Marathon then COVID hit and he cancelled. He still runs and he is in his early 50's. All of my granddkids are runners and my oldest granddaughter won a High School State Championship this year in Kentucky in Cross Country. She will continue running at the Air Force Academy when she reports in June. She will head to Colorado a week or so early to run and get use to the altitude before she starts Cadet Basic Training this summer.

When I stopped running I immediately picked up some unwanted pounds that are hard to get rid of. Keep it up boys And pass the gizzards please. They givce me an extra step or two as I travel through life. With some milk gravy and biscuits

Last edited:
Good morning! Have to go figure out scores and teams from the weekly game here in a bit. I doubt that I won anything this time.

Mowed yesterday in the front. I'll need some gas before I hit the back today. Or tomorrow/weekend.

I hope to make some progress on the speaker box today. Not too far from wiring it up. Have a few more holes to cut before I start putting the glue to 'er.

Have whatever you want!

Good morning! Have to go figure out scores and teams from the weekly game here in a bit. I doubt that I won anything this time.

Mowed yesterday in the front. I'll need some gas before I hit the back today. Or tomorrow/weekend.

I hope to make some progress on the speaker box today. Not too far from wiring it up. Have a few more holes to cut before I start putting the glue to 'er.

Have whatever you want!

It's a darned shame you nearly need to hock something to mow your grass... The libs got it going on now. AOC and Butt is proud but not finished....

Good Morning D

We have another picture perfect day today with clear skies, low humidity and a pleasant temperature. We have 69° at present and will climb to 81°. A 2% chance of rain and the wind is brisk and steady at 12 mph. That should give us a nice breeze to do some more work in the yard. My wife wanted some hydrangea plants for Mother's Day and we picked some up that I need to put in the ground. These plants do very well in Kentucky which gives her a taste of "home" so I am all in. Down here you have to be careful where you plant them because this sun will eat them alive. I will plant them on the North side of the house which does not have direct sun and is much cooler day and night. I like the blue ones. Wish me well and have a nice day

Hydrangeas-Shade-Plants.jpg

Well, I know some of you fellas were worried about me so I can report I survived the race. My time was just under 32 minutes - 10 minute plus miles which is just a little better than walking. But I finished without breaking stride, such as it was.

They've been running this race for 40 years now. I first ran it back in 1985, when I was in my late 20s. I can remember blazing past Al Gore, who I already couldn't stand back then, which was satisfying.

Now everyone blazes past me, though I could probably still beat Al Gore, where ever he is. I think this is a nice round year to quit.

Have whatever you want!
May I suggest beans, potatoes, and broccoli?

Well, I know some of you fellas were worried about me so I can report I survived the race. My time was just under 32 minutes - 10 minute plus miles which is just a little better than walking. But I finished without breaking stride, such as it was.

They've been running this race for 40 years now. I first ran it back in 1985, when I was in my late 20s. I can remember blazing past Al Gore, who I already couldn't stand back then, which was satisfying.

Now everyone blazes past me, though I could probably still beat Al Gore, where ever he is. I think this is a nice round year to quit.
Al Gore was just conserving energy then.

Speaking of running, I used to run a lot of 10k races while at Ft. Campbell. Every year they would have one that they called the Law Day Run 10k race. While being stationed there 4 years I only got to compete in it 2 years (Unit level competition). Between PNOC (Primary Non-Commissioned Officers Course), RECONDO school, Air Assault School, JOTC (Jungle Operations Training Center), BNOC (Basic Non-Commissioned Officers Course.) winter training in Alaska and all of the other field training exercises I was not always there to be able to run in it. However, we won it as a unit 2 years in a row when we could compete. I came in 3rd overall the first year and first overall the next. Below is pictures of me (black shorts blue shirt after finishing first cheering on the rest of the unit and the trophy we won and the team.

20220512-100010.jpg

20220512-100131.jpg

20220512-095923.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT