ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Morning all. About 70 now heading up to the mid 80s with humidity. Chance of some showers later in the day. Need about a 2 day soaking rain.

Not much on tap for today. Got some big bushes trimmed yesterday, so today will be trimming/edging etc. More company coming in tomorrow for the weekend. Busy Summer. Feel like I've turned this place into a B&B.

The Mrs and her daughter took the little guy to the Reds game yesterday. The prices!!!

Y'all have a good day.

Morning Legionnaires!

Prayers have been sent up for those in your families that are hurting or having trouble.

Now, as far as those of you who are talking about having possibly met each other?
None of you have met me because, if you had of, you would not be here.

220px-Hitman_2015.jpg
;)

Actually, I would love to meet you all.

Good morning D-League. It is a spectacular morning in the east - cool, clear and very low humidity.

Some good news for us - my daughter who is just back in the area after a stay in Austin was hired for a full time teaching job in Bethesda. So with my son starting his senior year in Lexington Monday and my older daughter resuming her professor’s role at Kansas, things are stable with the kids.

Not much else happening. I hope you all have a good day.

Morning all. About 70 now heading up to the mid 80s with humidity. Chance of some showers later in the day. Need about a 2 day soaking rain.

Not much on tap for today. Got some big bushes trimmed yesterday, so today will be trimming/edging etc. More company coming in tomorrow for the weekend. Busy Summer. Feel like I've turned this place into a B&B.

The Mrs and her daughter took the little guy to the Reds game yesterday. The prices!!!

Y'all have a good day.
I wish that I could send you some of my excess rain. Since Sunday night, I've had over 6 inches of rain at my house. and over 84 inches of rain so far this year.

Any flooding in your area? I know North Georgia has a few towns with high water
Since we had a relatively (for us anyway) drier May, June, and July, we were able to handle most of this rain. But, now we're at the point where, any additional rain is going to cause issues. Rivers and streams around here are up near the top of their banks. So, yeah, no major flooding issues yet, but any more rain will be a problem.

I had mentioned on here a few days (week?) ago about some weird little tomatoes that we grew this year.
Recommended by a friend of the Mrs who is in her garden club. Don't know the name...but they grow like cherry tomatoes...in a pod....have a bit of a citrus taste.

Morning Legionnaires!

Prayers have been sent up for those in your families that are hurting or having trouble.

Now, as far as those of you who are talking about having possibly met each other?
None of you have met me because, if you had of, you would not be here.

220px-Hitman_2015.jpg
;)

Actually, I would love to meet you all.

Warrior, I'm afraid I would have to bring out my seldom-used Five Point Palm Heart Exploding Technique that I learned from this guy. I don't like using it but I do when I have to.

Paimei1.jpg

Are they not tomatillos?
Have no idea. I've heard of tomatillos but don't know anything about them....but in looking them up after your post they look identical so they may be. Only thing, one article said they look and taste like green tomatoes. These don't taste like green tomatoes...more like an tomato/orange. Kind of citrus. But you may be right 'cause another article talked about how when you pick it at different times during the season how it's used for different things...so therefore perhaps the taste changes. Don't know.

Have no idea. I've heard of tomatillos but don't know anything about them....but in looking them up after your post they look identical so they may be. Only thing, one article said they look and taste like green tomatoes. These don't taste like green tomatoes...more like an tomato/orange. Kind of citrus. But you may be right 'cause another article talked about how when you pick it at different times during the season how it's used for different things...so therefore perhaps the taste changes. Don't know.
Yeah they look like tomatillos. i grew them one year. they’re used to make salsa verde.

Before we had Disney World we had Weeki Wachee Springs, Silver Springs and Cypress Gardens. Cypress Gardens is gone now we have our memories. The show over there was always spectacular. And to me the star was always Ester Williams.

Brings back memories of when our country was decent. Entertainment was wholesome and the whole family could go. No more. What counts as entertainment these days...movies, show, music, etc would have been shut down and banned back then....and rightfully so.

What became of these properties. Condo or housing developments now?

Brings back memories of when our country was decent. Entertainment was wholesome and the whole family could go. No more. What counts as entertainment these days...movies, show, music, etc would have been shut down and banned back then....and rightfully so.

What became of these properties. Condo or housing developments now?
It was closed and sold in 2009 and became Legoland, Florida. It now has kids amusements and lego themes. I have not visited.

Ha, I got my only ban for posting Obama's presidential library hut on the political board way back when Sir.....you gone... ;)
I am banned from the CCP Coronavirus thread. I think I got in one post. And then BAM. Your outa here. Another strange thing happened when they banned me on that thread, the D League disappeared from my thread topics.

The only way i can get into the D League is through notifications. I have to scroll down and find D League notification and enter the thread that way. Through the back door

I am banned from the CCP Coronavirus thread. I think I got in one post. And then BAM. Your outa here. Another strange thing happened when they banned me on that thread, the D League disappeared from my thread topics.

The only way i can get into the D League is through notifications. I have to scroll down and find D League notification and enter the thread that way. Through the back door

We have some filthy mods.

Anyone here remember Cas Walker? He was a colorful character who had a chain of supermarkets in East Tennessee/SE Ky back in the day. He had a popular TV program on out of Knoxville and Dolly Parton got her start on his show. Here he tells how he is going to handle thieves that come to his stores. It's a riot.

Finally found time to respond. Oh, yes. He was a hoot! Everybody born after 1970 and lived in the region remembers Cas. Some say he invented the infomercial because his one-hour show advertised his stores. The program broadcast on WATE and maybe WBIR, if my memory is correct. He briefly served twice as Knoxville mayor, but never finished a term.

Fun fact: George Dempster was his political rival and also a former Knoxville mayor. Dempster invented the "Dempster Dumpster", also know as "Dipsy Dumpster" or "Dempsey Dumpster".

The Louisville Palace. One of the best to watch a concert. Only seats 2,800. Perfect. Took a date there in 1984 to see Chicago. Treated her to an expensive dinner that I couldn't really afford. Turns out she had a boyfriend. Used me for a concert ticket. Luckily I was transferred to Seattle 2 months later so no great loss. Didn't even get a goodnight kiss.

4ffd368f-b604-45b1-942c-3e809a115411_380141_SOURCE.jpg

The Louisville Palace. One of the best to watch a concert. Only seats 2,800. Perfect. Took a date there in 1984 to see Chicago. Treated her to an expensive dinner that I couldn't really afford. Turns out she had a boyfriend. Used me for a concert ticket. Luckily I was transferred to Seattle 2 months later so no great loss. Didn't even get a goodnight kiss.

4ffd368f-b604-45b1-942c-3e809a115411_380141_SOURCE.jpg
Way back in the day my first concert was Chicago...at UK. If I recall correctly tickets were $3.
Fast forward 20 years spent an entire day with them. Had breakfast with a couple..lunch with a couple others, then dinner with all but a couple. Then later in the evening attended a private concert A great day
As with anything a couple were very nice and down to earth..two were very quiet (in different ways) and a couple had egos that would fill a barn.
No expensive date. The ex-wife loved it....but overall she cost me a fortune. Hence 'ex'

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT