ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

No way to live. There are places in the world these crying libs need to see and have their eyes opened to real struggles and oppression before screaming about not being rich or even comfortable without actually working to achieve it. The entitlement culture is a cancer to this country and needs to see real poverty.

Yes Sir NONE of them know what it is to be hungry OR thirsty. They should really have to endure it a while. The ONLY hunger or thirst they have ever known is not getting what they wanted to eat or drink at the time...

I hear through my grapevine that Joe Galloway, Vietnam era correspondent who wrote "We Were Soldiers Once, and Young," based on his experiences with the 1st Cav during the Ia Drang Valley battle, has died.

Joe was a terrific guy. I got to know him a bit, and worked with him on some assignments during Desert Storm. He was close friends with one of my best friends, and so I was in contact a bit indirectly through the years.

If you have seen that movie, you know Joe's story, for which the Pentagon awarded with the Bronze Star with V for Valor. He remained a strong advocate for Veterans Rights throughout his career.

Thanks folks for the kind wishes.
I turned poor Sherry into a drunk:
14053805_1035768086538775_7588398576037142514_o.jpg

Also Happy Birthday to Mrs. BBUK.

Afternoon D, got rained out of staining, says we got .3" of rain, I think it was more like a foot!!!! If it dries out I should be able to finish all the staining except for a few rafters. Mrs. M loves the color, solid natural cedar. Happy wife happy life!!!

Happy anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. Bert from Cord and Mrs. M!!!

Tell Mrs. BBUK Happy Birthday form Cord!!

Hope the D, has a great day and Prayers for the D!!! Oh finished Jonah!

D, please keep our daughter in your prayers, she was passing blood yesterday, went to the doctor today, they are going to run some tests. Thanks D!!!!

Good morning D-League. Back to hot and humid in the east. My son heads back to Lexington today. It's a bittersweet day for my wife and me. We've loved having him here, and he has worked hard, taken a couple trips to LA and Asheville and found a new girlfriend who goes to WVU. So a good summer for him. We'll miss him.

You all talking about the opium trade through Afghanistan have it right.

On the Afghan-Pakistan border west of the city of Quetta near a huge refugee camp, the Pakistani government has an area where they isolate opium and heroin addicts in a graveyard -- I guess they feel like that's an efficient solution and cuts down on transportation costs.

My photographer and I spent a night in that hell hole documenting the local costs of the opium trade that reached all the way into Europe and America. We were trying to make the point all the way back to 2001 that meddling in the area was going to be complicated.
An ugly scene for sure.

What a horrible existence.

Afternoon D, got rained out of staining, says we got .3" of rain, I think it was more like a foot!!!! If it dries out I should be able to finish all the staining except for a few rafters. Mrs. M loves the color, solid natural cedar. Happy wife happy life!!!

D, please keep our daughter in your prayers, she was passing blood yesterday, went to the doctor today, they are going to run some tests. Thanks D!!!!
I'll keep positive thoughts for your daughter Cord.

Thanks D, I know you will pray for her! The thing about this is, our granddaughter is autistic and is totally dependent on our daughter, supposed to start to school Monday.

Just talked to my daughter, she said that the doctor didn't seem to alarmed, it's just that my DAD passed away from colon cancer and just wants to make sure everything is ok, she is 40.

Last edited:

Prayers sent up for Your Daughter!

You know, I don't know any of you, except for Bert and it's strange that I can feel something from you guys! This cyber friendship means something to me!!! Thanks D!!!!
Cord...you and I have meet numerous times and we have had some interesting conversations...but, I don't think you remember any of them for some reason...👽👽👽

iu

No way to live. There are places in the world these crying libs need to see and have their eyes opened to real struggles and oppression before screaming about not being rich or even comfortable without actually working to achieve it. The entitlement culture is a cancer to this country and needs to see real poverty.

They've nearly whined their way to it here. We'll know soon enough if they will get to find out what it's like.

Cord...you and I have meet numerous times and we have had some interesting conversations...but, I don't think you remember any of them for some reason...👽👽👽

iu
I vaguely seem to recall meeting someone who might have been you. I just remember some mutterings about "aliens" and "caves under Area 51" and "they are coming for us" or something like that. But it's all kind of foggy now.

Last edited:
Thanks D, I know you will pray for her! The thing about this is, our granddaughter is autistic and is totally dependent on our daughter, supposed to start to school Monday.

Just talked to my daughter, she said that the doctor didn't seem to alarmed, it's just that my DAD passed away from colon cancer and just wants to make sure everything is ok, she is 40.
🙏🙏🙏

Will pray for her cord.
Hopefully it's just stress from her situation. I'm sure it's tough and really, really hard. I've thought many times how hard it must be for parents in that type situation. Not only today, but the constant worry of tomorrows.

What a great day this day. I woke up realizing who is in charge. It is my Darlings birthday. Yeah, I am thankful...

Oh, may Jesus become real to you in your every day lives. May God's grace cover yours and your families lives continually..

Yes Elizabeth, "I'd Rather Have Jesus..."

Wishing your wife a Happy Birthday and many more.

Good morning D

Read Micah 1 Prayers for Cord and family.

Waking up to a nice morning waiting on the sun to come up. Our temperature is 73° and skies are clear. With full, bright sunshine we have a heat advisory with a high expected at 87°. If you are out running down the road have some water available. You are going to sweat, if your heart is still beating.

Trust all have a great day.

f4c599546d463cf75b01d3b82748b456.jpg

Good Morning all,
Thanks for all the well wishing toward my Darling. We went out and had a decent meal yesterday but had the Grand-babies with us along with our daughters. One of those cook your own all you can eat meat joints. Yeah my Darling was working. I owe my oldest daughter a smack in the head as she knew what my Darling would be doing. I will get her.

Oh May God give you troubles like that to attend to. I am thankful. God Bless you all...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT