ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

My wife has had what she thinks is a reaction to the shot and did not take the second. She has had chest pains around the heart area and is making an appointment to do her yearly check up and is going to have the doctor check on that too. Some days are worse than others. My daughter and I have not and will not take the shot since now it has been noted that it will not stop the delta variant and does not even stop the original. I only lessens the affect of it (original).
Shot or no shot, mask or no mask, this virus will be with us until we are all gone home for eternity. I will repeat what I believe with all of my heart. Until the U.S. government stops thousands of illegals, many with COVID and other diseases from flowing over our border I will not believe in my heart they really care about COVID.

Even a fool would know you have to seal the border and not allow diseased illegals to cross. Not only do they allow them to cross, they move them around the nation. How can you trust a government that acts in that manner.

Hey D-League. It's been extremely busy for me but thought I'd say a quick hello.

Work has been a madhouse, plus my 23-and-21 year olds are temporarily back under my roof and I'm back to full father mode -- helping my daughter get her car repaired, helping my son search for an iPhone lost on a jobsite, helping them both deal with little dramas - a missed job opportunity, a struggle to keep a girlfriend from pushing too hard to be serious when my son wants to keep his freedom for now. And so on.

I had these two kids when I was already past 40, so I'm carrying the hands-on father role well into my 60s. But hey, it's what gives life meaning, so no complaints.

Hey D-League. It's been extremely busy for me but thought I'd say a quick hello.

Work has been a madhouse, plus my 23-and-21 year olds are temporarily back under my roof and I'm back to full father mode -- helping my daughter get her car repaired, helping my son search for an iPhone lost on a jobsite, helping them both deal with little dramas - a missed job opportunity, a struggle to keep a girlfriend from pushing too hard to be serious when my son wants to keep his freedom for now. And so on.

I had these two kids when I was already past 40, so I'm carrying the hands-on father role well into my 60s. But hey, it's what gives life meaning, so no complaints.

Ought to try keeping up with a Two year old...at 60 (I know, I know...) ;)

OK, I did a quick check and the "Field of Dreams" game will be played on a small stadium/field located approximately 100 yards or so from the "Movie" field. The new stadium/field seats ~8000 but the field pays homage to the original. It looks like there will be a cornfield beyond the outfield fence. I'll be tuning in. I haven't checked on uniforms but it would be nice if they go OLD school.

Last edited:

The best father, in my view, is an old one.

My dad was 44 years, 3 months and a week old when I was born. He was the best a boy could have. Patience, wisdom, reason and just good common sense. I loved that man.

The best father, in my view, is an old one.

My dad was 44 years, 3 months and a week old when I was born. He was the best a boy could have. Patience, wisdom, reason and just good common sense. I loved that man.
Nicely said Bert. I was a father at 25, then again at 40. I was much more patient, financially secure and (all things being relative) wise with my later two kids, though I have a great relationship with my older daughter as well.

When I told buddies of mine I was having another kid at 40, the universal question was "why do you want to do that?"

My response: Everyone alive had already heard my best stories. I needed to make some new people who'd listen to me.

And now I have grandkids from the older daughter who want to hear pappaw's travel yarns, so it has worked out perfectly.

Last edited:
Did you know the first person convicted of speeding was going 8mph.

I was driving in River Rouge Michigan down the main street just after I got my driver's license. I got a ticket going 28 in a 25 mph zone. I realized early, I get caught doing wrong things. For some reason I get noticed. I didn't fight it either. I was doing 28. Sigh...

Shot or no shot, mask or no mask, this virus will be with us until we are all gone home for eternity. I will repeat what I believe with all of my heart. Until the U.S. government stops thousands of illegals, many with COVID and other diseases from flowing over our border I will not believe in my heart they really care about COVID.

Even a fool would know you have to seal the border and not allow diseased illegals to cross. Not only do they allow them to cross, they move them around the nation. How can you trust a government that acts in that manner.
You can’t. Voting is the answer. Until (me included), start letting our voices be heard, we will face the dreaded shitasses platforms, aka, Beshear. I’m as much to blame as anyone. I quit voting because there’s no suitable candidate. That’s going to stop. I’ll vote the opposite of the idiot, whomever the idiot (Beshear) is. We all have to if we want change.

Know that feeling, I am 64 and my daughter is 15 so...

Loved Ehrler's milk delivery until this abomination.

Z6mmNIF.jpg

Wow, is this that same person before "politics"??? Not sure but was curious...

51464703_2159493164094427_6996932879770976256_n.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F and partly cloudy here in North Austin. 10% rain chances. Expecting 96°F for today's high. Heard storms in Illinois, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin left 850K without power last night. Stay safe.

Not much else happening yet in my world. Still too early.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

de2f23d984801b3c068eb00c91637d92.jpg

Good morning D

Read Amos 7 and 8

Now for the weather, we are currently 71° and it should climb up to 86° by mid afternoon. By 4:00 PM we will have a downpour of rain that should last about 45 minutes if the recent pattern holds. We have had heavy afternoon thunderstorms for a few weeks now. The water table is high and things are very green. Meanwhile we watch for Fred.

Sausage is cooking and biscuits are in the oven. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.

Yesterday the state gave out a $1,000 bonus to all teachers and school administrators and will do the same for all law enforcement officers, state wide. That is about 175,000 teachers and 50,000 law enforcement officers. They are appreciated.

Trust all have a nice day

Morning Legionnaires!
97° on tap for the day with the same for tomorrow. Not good for fishing. Hurry up fall.

One of my next door neighbors was out just beyond my fence about 3 days after his birthday bash 31 July (which I normally attend but did not this year for the first time) and I ask about his birthday and he said that it was great with 40 or more people but, He and his whole family have come down sick. He himself said he got tested for covid and came up negative but, his MIL and BIL were positive. Have not seen them outside since and they are generally out swimming in their pool daily.

I went to the gymnastics school on Tuesday this week to teach my one student in martial arts and it was closed. When I texted my student (who is on of the gymnastic instructors) she said 2 of their instructors came down sick and tested positive for covid and she forgot to let me know.

Oh yeah and Austin...YES!

French Fries whether Julienne, Julie, or July, I don't care. I will eat them until I can't move. When me, my wife, and my daughter go out to eat and they don't finish their fries, I do. Yeah, I know, they are not the best thing for me but...guilty pleasures and all.
I am a french fry nut too. That and potato chips. Lots of people have a sweet tooth but I love salty snacks and french fries.

Good morning D, read Amos 8 this morning, cool wind blowing this morning.

Went out on the deck this morning about 3:30 to watch the meteor shower, saw a few, but I did see 3 or 4 brilliant ones, those that leave a trail after they burn up!!! It was hard keeping my eyes on the sky because I was also keeping my eyes on a skunk, he was in the field under a wild cherry tree eating. Don't know why, but coffee is really good out on the deck early in the morning!!!!

Going to work on the deck a little bit more before it gets to hot, we are also suppose to keep the granddaughter this morning, we'll see. I have told the D, see is a little autistic. We went to visit them for a few minutes Tuesday and when we got there she gives me a hug, my daughter says that I am the only one that gets hugs from her, makes Mrs. M jealous, I am lucky!!!!

I hope the D has a great day and prayers for the D!!!!

Good Morning all,
I do hope your days go well. Enjoy your efforts.

Oh, God Bless you and your families. I am thankful for family. If you have little or no family, make some more family. You can do that by loving and being loved. Do things to show love to others, you will then be loved. God Bless you all...

vhcat70,
Thanks for the well-wishes. I am not vaxxed, my two boys (ages 19 and 16) are not vaxxed, and my wife has had one of the pfizer shots, but opted out of getting the 2nd shot after she had a bad reaction to the first. I still don't trust those "vaccines" that the globalists/politicians want so desperately to get into every human on earth.
If your family has all had COVID then I guess you have natural immunity so no vaccine should be needed. They say immunity is better than the vaccine anyway. No one in my immediate family has had it. Do you know of anyone else in the family that had it?

Heard storms in Illinois, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin left 850K without power last night.
Think most of the bad storms were in NE Ohio on up into Michigan.
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day
Same here...although most mornings I don't eat. But I'll take breakfast at night any day of the week.
97° on tap for the day with the same for tomorrow. Not good for fishing.
The Mrs mentioned about me taking the little guy fishing this morning. Told her the same thing.
French Fries whether Julienne, Julie, or July, I don't care. I will eat them

I am a french fry nut too.
Same here. And onion rings if they're done right.
Don't know why, but coffee is really good out on the deck early in the morning!!!!
Agreed. When it's warm I normally have coffee on one of the porches or the patio. Very peaceful.

Speaking of breakfast...sweet tooth....salty tooth (made that up)....a video from one of my favorite restaurants. Old fashion Amish cooking either on the menu or a buffet, a gift shop, and a bakery to die for.
We were just talking this morning of going over there with the kids (Mom's flying back to Seattle for the weekend)...........

If your family has all had COVID then I guess you have natural immunity so no vaccine should be needed. They say immunity is better than the vaccine anyway. No one in my immediate family has had it. Do you know of anyone else in the family that had it?
Yeah, I believe you're right about the natural immunity. That's one positive outcome of going through the virus and I'm going to, God willing, roll with that as long as I can. I have a feeling, though, at some point, unless the Lord tarries a bit longer, that we'll be "forced" somehow into taking it. I hope I'm wrong and living in a red state might delay that for a while. Thankfully, I don't know of any other family that has had this virus or its variations yet.

Hey D-League,

It's currently in the low 70s with a foggy, very muggy start to the day. A very tropical feel to the air this morning, headed for a high in the low 90s and our daily rounds of summer afternoon thunderstorms. My house was spared yesterday, but those storms were all around us, eventually fading out after dark. You can almost set your clock to it, around 3:00-4:00 they start popping.

Well, we knew it was probably coming, but our gutless school board voted to bring back mask mandates for our county for schools. Bunch of cookie-cutters who take what the CDC says as gospel truth. Parents can fill out a "waiver" form, however, if they don't want their child to wear a mask at school. It should be interesting to see how many take that option. There have been some very heated exchanges around here with our school board vs. parents on the mask topic.

I know we have a few baseball fans on here and was wondering who else is going to watch the "Field of Dreams" games coming up later today and tomorrow? Yankees vs. White Sox in the cornfields near the site of the famous movie. I know many are fed up with MLB and all their becoming more "woke" but I still enjoy watching some of the individual super stars in baseball. We have some bonafide, all-time, future hall of famers playing right now. Since the Atlanta Braves are "blacked out" in my area (maybe because of my streaming service?), I've been getting a ton of Tampa Bay Rays games and have come to really appreciate their unique style of play. I've caught myself kinda warming up to them, rooting for them to take down the Red Sox and Yankees.

Take care and enjoy today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT