ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Cheer up, Sawnee. You, Don, Bert and I still possibly have some months left.

What is the average age for a man to die?

In North America, a man can expect to live to between 75 and 78 years of age, depending on where he lives. For women, life expectancy hovers between about 80 and 83 years of age.

We laugh to keep from crying.

My sister is an RN at Vanderbilt. She said V is making supervisor's get the shot, but she knows of 2 who have received an exemption by writing letters claiming religious reasons. I think it's because of fetal cells in the shot. Don't know if folks at other companies could do the same.

Excellent that they are honoring religious exemptions. That's supposed to be one of our rights. That's just one reason I'm not getting injected

You know what... it's not just the fetal cells that I and many others have a problem with from a religious standpoint. In terms of poisons in the shots, I believe from a religious standpoint that God doesn't want me to eat them, much less inject them. Have a couple Jewish acquaintances that won't get injected because of unkosher/unclean things in the recipe.

It's pretty simple from a biblical perspective- I wasn't born with a port or a pic-line so I don't think God intended for me to have something foreign to it injected into my body, especially without knowing exactly what it does to people. If they want to inject EVERYBODY then the JERKS who are ordered by law to do so need to make sure it IS SAFE for EVERYBODY before they RECOMMEND it to EVERYBODY.

236650970_10225994498350977_3027533709996239633_n.jpg

Expectations are certainly a killer

Cheer up, Sawnee. You, Don, Bert and I still possibly have some months left.

What is the average age for a man to die?

In North America, a man can expect to live to between 75 and 78 years of age, depending on where he lives. For women, life expectancy hovers between about 80 and 83 years of age.
Do you know why men die before their wives ........................................................................ ...........................................................................................................................................................
Because they want to.

I watched the Shootist Saturday. It was better than I remember.

John Wayne was special.
One of my favorites because he actually had cancer before that movie and had a lung and several ribs removed in 1964. Considering the cast as well when talking about how good of a movie it was. Along with the Duke: Lauren Bacall, Scatman Crothers, Ron Howard, Richard Boon, Hugh Obrien, Jimmy Stewart, John Carradine, and Harry Morgan to name the most notables. Pretty hard hitting cast. I have always thought that Lauren Bacall was perfect for that roll because she was a classic beauty even in her golden years.

lau-coat.jpg

Wish I had the link. I looked a little for it yesterday.
I was just watching it 15 minutes ago. Clicked on it in my history and now the site won't come up.
They were an hour late starting this morning because they were getting hacked so much....even though he said that they had 3 or 4 backups. Imagine the same is happening now. Anyway here's a link....

xyz.frankspeech.com

Box with the live video feed should be top of the page. LindellTV

Good morning from ATX. Currently 76°F and partly cloudy. Today's high may reach 97°F. Meh, tolerable.

Local news just reported only two (2) ICU beds are now available in our region. COVID getting real again. Main reason our return date pushed back a month.

Happy Hump Day!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

67342109_3407696089256541_4527467752771813376_n.jpg

Good Wednesday morning,

We are in the cone for Fred so we will keep an eye on him for the next few days. Currently we are 71° and the sun is coming up. We will reach 87° by mid afternoon and have a 45% chance of thunderstorms by early evening.

I trust all have a nice day. If you have to wear a mask make sure it is clean. Most are not.

DCT_SPECIAL106_1280x720.jpg

Morning all. Going to be a hot one in the Buckeye State. Not as hot as Austin...but expected to make it up to about 92. Had a passing shower about an hour ago but only lasted a few minutes. Still need some rain.
Nothing on the docket today. Too hot for yard work, so I might clean up the basement a bit.

Y'all have a good day.

Morning Legionnaires!

That's more like it Austin, National something better to eat day.

Weather on tap more in line with Austin's with a possibility of triple digits again. Most people around here love it but, I prefer the cooler weather.

Covid, the coronavirus has been with us a lot longer than most people know. First cases where detected back in the 60's and monitored by health officials since then. However, they suspect it has been with us longer. Monitoring it and playing with it in a lab (China) and the US as well (UNC) is suspect to me. Also, dogs and cats have been receiving coronavirus shots for years. It will never go away so... I think just like the flu they will be vaccinating people yearly going forward.

Last edited:

Morning Legionnaires!

That's more like it Austin, National something better to eat day.

Weather on tap more in line with Austin's with a possibility of triple digits again. Most people around here love it but, I prefer the cooler weather.

Covid, the coronavirus has been with us a lot longer than most people know. First cases where detected back in the 60's and monitored by health officials since then. However, they suspect it has been with us longer. Monitoring it and playing with it in a lab (China) and the US as well (UNC) is suspect to me. Also, dogs and cats have been receiving coronavirus shots for years. It will never go away so, I think just like the flu they will be vaccinating people yearly going forward.

Sorry about that, I can do the raspberries and the pie crust but raspberries in a pie crust??? Not even a mixer/ blender of any kind? No jelly type spread? Just put my raspberries in a cup. I'll throw some sliced apples in that pie crust with a little cinnamon and brown sugar and bake that sucker....

Oh, may today be a day you can make lemonade out of lemons. ;) Take what God gives you and use it to his glory. God Bless you all...

Last edited:
Sorry about that, I can do the raspberries and the pie crust but raspberries in a pie crust??? Not even a mixer/ blender of any kind? No jelly type spread? Just put my raspberries in a cup. I'll throw some sliced apples in that pie crust with a little cinnamon and brown sugar and bake that sucker....
That's what I thought when I saw the picture. Even though I love pies/tarts I told the Mrs that it didn't look too tasty.

One of my favorites because he actually had cancer before that movie and had a lung and several ribs removed in 1964. Considering the cast as well when talking about how good of a movie it was. Along with the Duke: Lauren Bacall, Scatman Crothers, Ron Howard, Richard Boon, Hugh Obrien, Jimmy Stewart, John Carradine, and Harry Morgan to name the most notables. Pretty hard hitting cast. I have always thought that Lauren Bacall was perfect for that roll because she was a classic beauty even in her golden years.

lau-coat.jpg
All she needed was a little Bogie.

Morning D-League. It is a humid 81.9°F here at the moment and it is going to get hot this afternoon, 95°. I suppose I will stay in as much as possible.

Sawnee look out for Fred. They just said it was gaining strength. Hopefully Cuba's mountains will keep it within reasonable bounds. Anyway after you take the wind out of it please sent the rain up the rivers to Kentucky. Thanks in advance.

D League,
Hello friends, it's been a while since I've checked in here. I trust most of you all are doing well out there in this crazy world we live in. I'm just moving along the best I can this summer, working, starting off the school year and so on and so forth.

I just got over the dreaded covid-19 "Delta" strain. In fact, my entire family was diagnosed with it (or at least tested positive). I asked the doctor if it was the delta variant and they said that they weren't sure, but that they were calling it as being delta, as they seem to be with all recent cases. I had some general fatigue and sinus congestion as my symptoms. No fever, no coughing, no sore throat; just tired and runny nose. A few years ago, I would have called that a common cold, but nowadays, I have to call it corona-19. Thanks to God, we are over it now and moving on.

With all the recent hysteria surrounding the pandemic, I'm afraid that my local school system, where I work, is going to re-issue mask mandates. As of today, they're optional, but, word on the street is that we are likely going backwards to requiring the mask again. I guess that our officials are caving in to the narrative after all.

It's going to be another hot, muggy, humid day here with our daily rounds of afternoon heavy thunderstorms. We had a big storm yesterday afternoon....an isolated thunderstorm with high winds, lightning, and about 1.13 inches of rain in 40 minutes.

Take care and keep on.....

D League,
Hello friends, it's been a while since I've checked in here. I trust most of you all are doing well out there in this crazy world we live in. I'm just moving along the best I can this summer, working, starting off the school year and so on and so forth.

I just got over the dreaded covid-19 "Delta" strain. In fact, my entire family was diagnosed with it (or at least tested positive). I asked the doctor if it was the delta variant and they said that they weren't sure, but that they were calling it as being delta, as they seem to be with all recent cases. I had some general fatigue and sinus congestion as my symptoms. No fever, no coughing, no sore throat; just tired and runny nose. A few years ago, I would have called that a common cold, but nowadays, I have to call it corona-19. Thanks to God, we are over it now and moving on.

With all the recent hysteria surrounding the pandemic, I'm afraid that my local school system, where I work, is going to re-issue mask mandates. As of today, they're optional, but, word on the street is that we are likely going backwards to requiring the mask again. I guess that our officials are caving in to the narrative after all.

It's going to be another hot, muggy, humid day here with our daily rounds of afternoon heavy thunderstorms. We had a big storm yesterday afternoon....an isolated thunderstorm with high winds, lightning, and about 1.13 inches of rain in 40 minutes.

Take care and keep on.....
Glad you're better. Anyone get seriously ill? Anyone vaxxed?

Glad you're better. Anyone get seriously ill? Anyone vaxxed?
vhcat70,
Thanks for the well-wishes. I am not vaxxed, my two boys (ages 19 and 16) are not vaxxed, and my wife has had one of the pfizer shots, but opted out of getting the 2nd shot after she had a bad reaction to the first. I still don't trust those "vaccines" that the globalists/politicians want so desperately to get into every human on earth.

I'm looking forward to seeing the White Sox and Yankees playing in the middle of a corn field tomorrow night at the "Field of Dreams Game." I knew about the game but I haven't read how much will be changed to the grounds for this game...hopefully not much.
So does the outfield have fences or do they go into the stalks to find the ball?

I always played on open, all-you-can-get fields growing up. Purest form of baseball to me. Hard to hit ball over deep playing outfielders, so learn to concentrate on hitting line drive gappers. They're way prettier than long pop-up homers.

I'm looking forward to seeing the White Sox and Yankees playing in the middle of a corn field tomorrow night at the "Field of Dreams Game." I knew about the game but I haven't read how much will be changed to the grounds for this game...hopefully not much.
Same here, I've been wanting to see this game for a while now and was disappointed when they cancelled it last season. I think you can go on MLB website and they offer a preview of it and show the field and surrounding corn fields from drone footage.

vhcat70,
Thanks for the well-wishes. I am not vaxxed, my two boys (ages 19 and 16) are not vaxxed, and my wife has had one of the pfizer shots, but opted out of getting the 2nd shot after she had a bad reaction to the first. I still don't trust those "vaccines" that the globalists/politicians want so desperately to get into every human on earth.
My wife has had what she thinks is a reaction to the shot and did not take the second. She has had chest pains around the heart area and is making an appointment to do her yearly check up and is going to have the doctor check on that too. Some days are worse than others. My daughter and I have not and will not take the shot since now it has been noted that it will not stop the delta variant and does not even stop the original. I only lessens the affect of it (original).

Oh, may today be a day you can make lemonade out of lemons. ;) Take what God gives you and use it to his glory. God Bless you all...
Amen!

So does the outfield have fences or do they go into the stalks to find the ball?

I always played on open, all-you-can-get fields growing up. Purest form of baseball to me. Hard to hit ball over deep playing outfielders, so learn to concentrate on hitting line drive gappers. They're way prettier than long pop-up homers.
I just try to hit the ball. I am a horrible athlete so I can't choose on "what" I am going to hit! :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT