ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Morning folks of the D-League. It is a partly cloudy 78.1°F. It was 69° when I got up at 6:30 am so it is climbing quite fast. We are supposed to top out at 89.

I finally got a landscaper to come by to see what I needed done. It has been a struggle. I need mulch, two plants removed, the yard pressure seeded and a tree trimmed. I am supposed to get the estimate this afternoon.

Bobby Bowden was a funny fellow in interviews and when he was on ESPN. I enjoyed him. He did not linger around very long after they let the word out that he had pancreatic cancer. RIP Bobby.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F and partly cloudy. Dry. Today's high should hit 97°F. Heat is on around here.

Sorry hearing about Bobby Bowden. Heckuva coach and individual.

Found a wallet yesterday afternoon with a Green Card in it. Trying to track owner down now.

Enjoyed viewing more live Olympic coverage last night. Caught women's basketball and women's volleyball games in which Team USA won both. Good stuff.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design2.jpg

Good Afternoon,

Yeah I found a wallet once with a lot of dough in it. The darned thing had an ID with an address in it. I knocked on that dude's door. (An older gentleman and he answered it like I was selling something. I told him, if you want me to leave I will, but... I found your wallet. Whoa what a change...

Oh, May you all feel this Lord's day in your hearts. Give your heart, mind, and soul to God. God will care for them and cherish them like no other. God Bless you all...

Good morning D-League. It's currently 68° and sunny here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring a mix of clouds and sun and a high of 88°.

Everyone stay safe on this Sunday.

Nativity-facade-Sagrada-Familia-cathedral-Barcelona-Spain.jpg
Visited like 15-20 years ago. Totally unique & beautiful to me. Depends totally on private funding - will not accept government aid as normally happens in Europe. Last I heard it will take another 125 years or so to complete.

The thing that impressed me the most is that the interior columns that support the ceiling look like tree trunks with branches.

Last edited:
Good Afternoon,

Yeah I found a wallet once with a lot of dough in it. The darned thing had an ID with an address in it. I knocked on that dude's door. (An older gentleman and he answered it like I was selling something. I told him, if you want me to leave I will, but... I found your wallet. Whoa what a change...

Oh, May you all feel this Lord's day in your hearts. Give your heart, mind, and soul to God. God will care for them and cherish them like no other. God Bless you all...

My wife once found $20 in an ATM outside a bank. She took it inside and gave it to the bank. I doubt anyone ever came back to the bank to ask if somebody turned in their money. But that is what honest folks do.

My brother, who was illiterate and had no family (but had accumulated some money) had a hand-scratched will (not legal in any sense) that no one knew about except me. He had requested that about $20K of his estate be distributed to people who knew nothing about his wishes. I gave that money away like he had requested even though no one would know if I had kept it all for myself. But I would know. And, I believe, a God to whom I am accountable would know. And, strangely, I believe my brother would know. A lot of people would have thought I was crazy to do that but stuff like that is what honest folks do.

There ARE more honest people in this world than one would think.

My wife once found $20 in an ATM outside a bank. She took it inside and gave it to the bank. I doubt anyone ever came back to the bank to ask if somebody turned in their money. But that is what honest folks do.

My brother, who was illiterate and had no family (but had accumulated some money) had a hand-scratched will (not legal in any sense) that no one knew about except me. He had requested that about $20K of his estate be distributed to people who knew nothing about his wishes. I gave that money away like he had requested even though no one would know if I had kept it all for myself. But I would know. And, I believe, a God to whom I am accountable would know. And, strangely, I believe my brother would know. A lot of people would have thought I was crazy to do that but stuff like that is what honest folks do.

There ARE more honest people in this world than one would think.
The testimony of a good moral man. God bless you

When I was a kid, I was a fan of almost every college that had native american mascots. Seminoles were no exception. Really liked Bowden's teams back in the day and was really proud of UK for beating both FSU AND Clemson when Brooks was here. Used to love for the season and watched every game that I could. Traveled to games. Tailgating...

I must say, however, that I am losing my love of football at this level. It started when I attended a game against South Carolina and listened to the UK fans screaming obscenities at their own players in a game they came back and won. I saw that kind of hatred on message boards for years, but never saw it at home games.

No matter how much we win, there are still people that call themselves UK fans that really HATE this football program. It's amazing

I know it doesn't matter what I think. I don't spend money on UK clothing or jerseys like I used to. I no longer have season tickets. They won't even notice I'm gone.

It's the same way for me with Disney, any media network in existence, and even iheart radio now. Everything is propaganda and bullsht.

I listened to people bashing people that were homeschooled recently on a local channel. Heard Dick Gabriel and others talking about sht about which they really have no knowledge, and making a generalized statement about anyone that thinks for themselves as "the problem" in our society.

I get that this world and now country have been broken for a long time. I get it. It's taken a long time to get to this point where we no longer will be able to have any rights or beliefs that don't align with the majority opinion. When I look back at the road that led us to this, college sports, pro sports, movies and tv, toys comics and video games, medicine, the internet, education and politics have all gotten us here by distracting us from what is really important. I'm as much to blame as anyone for letting it get this way, since I put so much time into sports and other distractions. It's probably too late for me and the country, but I'm still going to make the change that needs to be made to my time and viewing habits.

I refuse to be the ugly and polarized commodity that the world wants. Rant over

When I was a kid, I was a fan of almost every college that had native american mascots. Seminoles were no exception. Really liked Bowden's teams back in the day and was really proud of UK for beating both FSU AND Clemson when Brooks was here. Used to love for the season and watched every game that I could. Traveled to games. Tailgating...

I must say, however, that I am losing my love of football at this level. It started when I attended a game against South Carolina and listened to the UK fans screaming obscenities at their own players in a game they came back and won. I saw that kind of hatred on message boards for years, but never saw it at home games.

No matter how much we win, there are still people that call themselves UK fans that really HATE this football program. It's amazing

I know it doesn't matter what I think. I don't spend money on UK clothing or jerseys like I used to. I no longer have season tickets. They won't even notice I'm gone.

It's the same way for me with Disney, any media network in existence, and even iheart radio now. Everything is propaganda and bullsht.

I listened to people bashing people that were homeschooled recently on a local channel. Heard Dick Gabriel and others talking about sht about which they really have no knowledge, and making a generalized statement about anyone that thinks for themselves as "the problem" in our society.

I get that this world and now country have been broken for a long time. I get it. It's taken a long time to get to this point where we no longer will be able to have any rights or beliefs that don't align with the majority opinion. When I look back at the road that led us to this, college sports, pro sports, movies and tv, toys comics and video games, medicine, the internet, education and politics have all gotten us here by distracting us from what is really important. I'm as much to blame as anyone for letting it get this way, since I put so much time into sports and other distractions. It's probably too late for me and the country, but I'm still going to make the change that needs to be made to my time and viewing habits.

Hear, hear...

Good morning from ATX. Currently 79°F and cloudy. Clearing later with a 97°F high.

Olympics over. Our Cats kicked butt.

Yesterday, a young lady named Jensen Castle came out of nowhere and won the women's US Amateur golf championship. She's on UK golf team. Go Cats!

Monday, Monday....

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design3.jpg

Morning all.

I know that yesterday was the Day of Rest...but today will be a day of rest for me. Tired.
Had about 40-50 adults/kids here yesterday. All seemed to have a good time...even those of us who did the work.
Unlike Obama...anybody who took pictures and posted them on their social media of all not wearing masks...I will not be contacting them to delete their pictures. Might even see if they would forward them to Fauci.

So...not much on the agenda for the first time in about a week. Still some clean up/put up to do and that's about it.

Y'all have a good day.

Good Monday morning,

I trust all had a nice weekend and you are ready to go. School is in session so be careful around school zones and bus stops.

We should have a nice day with mostly sunny skies and a current temperature of 71°. Temperatures will rise to 87° and by 3:00 PM we will have a 50% chance of rain.

We are starting our most severe part of hurricane season and watching a few "disturbances" out there. Nothing to be concerned with at the moment but watching.

236026399_10225983368672742_2262622002871477254_n.jpg

Well said and you are not alone.

Good morning D league. Another Monday. By my count there’ll be 202 of them - not counting mandatory holidays - before I retire. Not that I’m obsessed about that or anything.

Great performances by UK athletes in recent days. Current and former Kentucky students won more Gold medals than Canada — the kind of fact I’d have loved to share with my recently deceased Canadian buddy. Still have trouble believing he’s gone at 66.

Hope it’s a great day for the D League.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 69° and overcast here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring partly cloudy skies and a high of 89°.

Everyone stay safe out there today.

bc.jpg
My GPS had me drive right around the thing like 90-120 degrees to get to our hotel. Kinda scary with all the cars (Where are they?) and 6/8/10 directions to choose from to go. But it worked! Paris is most enjoyable to visit.

It's taken a long time to get to this point where we no longer will be able to have any rights or beliefs that don't align with the majority opinion

It's taken a long time to get to this point where we no longer will be able to have any rights or beliefs that don't align with the majority opinion

The sad truth is that opinion isn’t necessarily of the majority. 😕

Good morning D league. Another Monday. By my count there’ll be 202 of them - not counting mandatory holidays - before I retire. Not that I’m obsessed about that or anything.

Great performances by UK athletes in recent days. Current and former Kentucky students won more Gold medals than Canada — the kind of fact I’d have loved to share with my recently deceased Canadian buddy. Still have trouble believing he’s gone at 66.

Hope it’s a great day for the D League.

Not trying to be nosey but I was under the impression you are older than I am. I have 100 or so Monday's to go. (Not that I plan to retire at that time but I could around that time.)

Yeah I knew people that were the picture of health and died prematurely in our way of thinking. My dad died at 74 and I know he lived a rough life. He had 6 brothers and a sister. They are all gone. He had a brother that died around 62 or so but he ate himself to death. Had other brothers but they died tragically one way or the other but later in their lives. (My Dad was the baby.) None lived real long but in talking with my Brother who is nearly ten years older than me they all died from self-induced lives that didn't lend themselves to longevity. It makes you ponder at the least...

"I don't know about tomorrow but I know who hold's my hand..."

Oh, May all your days be fruitful and may your good intentions be multiplied to where blessings flow from your actions. God Bless you all...

Spent the last few days at the world's longest yard sale (US 127) and away from a computer. I think it runs 600 plus miles. People come from all over and run it in sections, part of it this year, part the next and so on. There was about 40 folks set up where we were in 20 by 40 booths. The boss wanted to sell some of her craft work and she usually gets what she wants. Not many mask wearers.

Good post.

Yep, our society and culture has been coarsened. It used to classy to avoid conflict and to be nice. Now, as you say, some curse their own team.

When I was a kid, movies did not have bad words in them. Then Hollywood started putting out movies with very course language and then the F bombs started flying. Then the abjectly violent movies became popular. It became a downward spiral on how they could insult your decency the most. Heck we can drop the F bomb ever 29 seconds to best the last movie that only had one a minute.

I have been coarsened also. My language is vile compared to what it was in 1970. I should be smart enough to avoid it but I am not.

Anyway, that post was excellent.

It is a sticky partly cloudy 74.8°F here. We are supposed to get rain today, I hope.

I got to take my cousin to get surgery today. It is supposed to be a couple hours. I hope that ends up being the case.

I am proud of the Olympics Cats.

On death: At 75 I on the top end for most males in my direct family line. My Dad was 73, his dad 74, his dad 88, his dad 68 and his dad 53. My mom's dad was 64, his dad 74, his dad 74, his dad 84, and his dad the one that claimed the Kentucky warrant for fighting in the Revolution was 78.

My only sibling, my sister, died at 53, so I have bested her by 22 years already.

I just lost a beloved class mate this week. Bobbie Boles. She was homecoming queen at Western her freshman year. I got to enjoy that as we ate a lot of meals together. She was a pretty girl. She was one month to the day older than me. This picture is last year.
0d14d4e3-0131-462e-abbf-81d18ec704fa.jpgx

Former UK Basketball player, Larry Stamper, just lost his wife this past weekend. I played golf with Larry a couple of weekends ago, and his wife had ALS. He had been at her side for 3-4 straight weeks without a break when he took 5 hours to get away and play golf. He had a lady stay with her while he was gone. Terrible disease.

Not trying to be nosey but I was under the impression you are older than I am. I have 100 or so Monday's to go. (Not that I plan to retire at that time but I could around that time.)

Yeah I knew people that were the picture of health and died prematurely in our way of thinking. My dad died at 74 and I know he lived a rough life. He had 6 brothers and a sister. They are all gone. He had a brother that died around 62 or so but he ate himself to death. Had other brothers but they died tragically one way or the other but later in their lives. (My Dad was the baby.) None lived real long but in talking with my Brother who is nearly ten years older than me they all died from self-induced lives that didn't lend themselves to longevity. It makes you ponder at the least...

"I don't know about tomorrow but I know who hold's my hand..."

Oh, May all your days be fruitful and may your good intentions be multiplied to where blessings flow from your actions. God Bless you all...
Man, all of this depressing stuff on a day that is national rice pudding day. Normally when I am depressed I can gorge myself on something good.

neil-patrick-harris-finger-gun.gif

Man, all of this depressing stuff on a day that is national rice pudding day. Normally when I am depressed I can gorge myself on something good.

neil-patrick-harris-finger-gun.gif

Put some sugar and butter on it and indulge... 😅

I never knew any of my Uncles except Virgil's Dad, my Uncle Fred and the chump slicked me out of a guitar for four dollars when I was in the third grade. I never forgot that about him. He cheated me and my Dad let him do it. (I never held a grudge but I never forgot either.) An older man who's name was Dewey Young gave me that guitar. (We lived in Noetown for about 6 months or so during that time then lived in the Gap for about six months or so and then moved back to Michigan for good.)

Good post.

Yep, our society and culture has been coarsened. It used to classy to avoid conflict and to be nice. Now, as you say, some curse their own team.

When I was a kid, movies did not have bad words in them. Then Hollywood started putting out movies with very course language and then the F bombs started flying. Then the abjectly violent movies became popular. It became a downward spiral on how they could insult your decency the most. Heck we can drop the F bomb ever 29 seconds to best the last movie that only had one a minute.

I have been coarsened also. My language is vile compared to what it was in 1970. I should be smart enough to avoid it but I am not.

Anyway, that post was excellent.
My language has actually been cleaned up since I left the army and got with my wife. She did not really use bad language even though she worked as a bar tender at a rock bar when I met her. We pretty much kept it clean and even more so after our daughter was born. Now at 15, she will let me know if I slip. I have slipped only a couple of times since she has been born (that I remember). Actually, if I am watching a movie and bad language is constant, I will turn it off. Most of the time my wife will search for movies to watch and she will check the reviews for language and if it is plentiful, we will not watch it. I have actually gotten to the point that I don't like it.

Spent the last few days at the world's longest yard sale (US 127) and away from a computer. I think it runs 600 plus miles. People come from all over and run it in sections, part of it this year, part the next and so on. There was about 40 folks set up where we were in 20 by 40 booths. The boss wanted to sell some of her craft work and she usually gets what she wants. Not many mask wearers.

Did you have some sales? Hope it went well

We've gone 7 years in a row. Last year was by far her biggest. People seemed tired of being cooped up. This year was her second biggest. It's a long haul and a lot of work setting up and breaking down in the hot

We've gone 7 years in a row. Last year was by far her biggest. People seemed tired of being cooped up. This year was her second biggest. It's a long haul and a lot of work setting up and breaking down in the hot sun.

Glad to hear that about the shows. Used to help my grandmother set up her artwork at summer art shows/fairs back in the day. It was hot and muggy but I loved it then (cause I was young). Now, not so much.

Is it both days, Sat and Sun?

Glad to hear that about the shows. Used to help my grandmother set up her artwork at summer art shows/fairs back in the day. It was hot and muggy but I loved it then (cause I was young). Now, not so much.

Is it both days, Sat and Sun?
You can set up on a Tuesday (we did Wed). A few come Wednesday, Thursday is busy, as is Friday and Sat. We sell a little Sunday as we break down. People make a vacation out of the sale. Some even haul trailers for what they buy. One guy owned a store and bought quite a few.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT