ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good Friday Morning

Read Amos 1 and 2

We have 73° and mostly sunny skies at the moment. Our high is expected to reach 85° by mid afternoon. We will have the usual lookout for scattered thunder storms and a possible rain.

The word on the street is Biden is going to attempt to cut off funds to Florida to punish DeSantis. I am sure the governor is shaking in his boots. I have some Ebay sales I need to get to the post office and maybe get outside and clean up a few scattered limbs that were blown of trees. Nothing serious, just clean up.

So I trust all are well and we still miss some of the older posters. Sing it Johnny and George

I once read a story about a truck hauling some critical load that got wedged under a viaduct because it was a fraction of an inch too tall. A crowd of engineers and the fire department and mechanics all gathered around and tried to wrench the truck out or shove it through. No luck.

Finally, a ten-year old boy walked up and says, "Why don't you let the air out of the tires?" They did, and the truck slipped through.

Probably a story some writer made up. But I hope it is true.

My buddies grandfather drove trucks for a while in his younger days. There was a bridge in the town they lived at the time that was listed about 6 inches higher than it was on account of the road being repaved and rebuilt for years. There was a delivery on one route that, if you could go under that bridge, was about 15minutes faster, so a driver unfamiliar with that bridge decided to go that way.

It does in fact peel the lid off like an old sardine can. Driver was completely covered in pickle juice and such all because the truck was an inch or so too tall. Let the air out of the tires enough to get it unstuck. Made the front page of the local paper.

My buddies grandfather drove trucks for a while in his younger days. There was a bridge in the town they lived at the time that was listed about 6 inches higher than it was on account of the road being repaved and rebuilt for years. There was a delivery on one route that, if you could go under that bridge, was about 15minutes faster, so a driver unfamiliar with that bridge decided to go that way.

It does in fact peel the lid off like an old sardine can. Driver was completely covered in pickle juice and such all because the truck was an inch or so too tall. Let the air out of the tires enough to get it unstuck. Made the front page of the local paper.
Well, there you go. The story I read about is true, or at least plausible. Anything that happens once has likely happened more than once.

Happy Friday D_League. I hope everyone has a good day and eases into a fun and, or restful weekend.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 71° and mostly sunny here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring cloudy skies and a chance of a shower or thunderstorm and a high of 86°.

Everyone stay safe on this Friday.

70.jpg

Good, mid-morning break D-League! H ave a great day and weekend! It's nice and sunny, muggy, but cooler for now, so I'm getting some building done while the other folks are just starting to call. Cuttin rebar and making something useful.

Don't believe the lies you'll hear. No way they can have 74% of Clovis hospitalizations being the vacxed in one town, 60% in another, and everywhere else with democrat leadership they are all unvacxinated. Just not possible.

Somehow, some way, though, they have managed to get a lot of people that haven't been around each other to all show up with symptoms in the same week. Wonder how they can do that when it's so politically expedient? Must be coincidence.

Again, have a GREAT weekend! And if you smell a burnt aluminum smell that dries out your nasal passages when you're outside, put on a good mask, a wet gaiter, or go back inside til it goes away. May God bless those that listen to Him, and may He have mercy on those that don't know Him but are fine people!

Good morning D-League. It's currently 71° and mostly sunny here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring cloudy skies and a chance of a shower or thunderstorm and a high of 86°.

Everyone stay safe on this Friday.

70.jpg

A friend of our extended Bluegrass family was just there with his wife this summer. That's the only part of our visit to Rome that I have no photos from. Wife asked me to leave the camera at home the day the tour took us there. Totally pissed.... lol. Oh well.

Maybe I will see it again if n when there is some sanity restored to this world

Morning folks. 72.1°F and cloudy on our way to 86°. I am praying for rain but 20% chance ain't a lot.

I have seen a couple trucks stuck under overpasses. Often it does structural damage to the bridge. Truckers are usually good at safe practices, but it is hard to get to 100% perfect 100% of the time.

Can you imagine the crap that they have to take when they get back to the dispatcher. :)

Morning folks. 72.1°F and cloudy on our way to 86°. I am praying for rain but 20% chance ain't a lot.

I have seen a couple trucks stuck under overpasses. Often it does structural damage to the bridge. Truckers are usually good at safe practices, but it is hard to get to 100% perfect 100% of the time.

Can you imagine the crap that they have to take when they get back to the dispatcher. :)

They probably don't do much more than pick up their check.

Don't believe the lies you'll hear. No way they can have 74% of Clovis hospitalizations being the vacxed in one town, 60% in another, and everywhere else with democrat leadership they are all unvacxinated. Just not possible.

Somehow, some way, though, they have managed to get a lot of people that haven't been around each other to all show up with symptoms in the same week. Wonder how they can do that when it's so politically expedient? Must be coincidence.
Just in time for school to start. How about that/ lol

Speaking of trucks and viaducts:

This must be the jokers who I used for my last move. They tore up half of the load in one way or another. They also lost a lot of it, or stole it. It was a nightmare and I am still fighting over it.

I moved furniture, nationwide, every summer of my college days and we had pride and took the extra step not to break something. Some people do not have that same type of concern in today's world.

Last edited:
Just in time for school to start. How about that/ lol
My son lives in Gainesville and works for the Gainesville VA, he has been giving my daughter here a lot of crap about working with china virus infected people just about since this started. (He went way over the top in stuff he stated. I had to shut him up a few times.)

Anyway he text us last night that he is getting floated to a china virus unit to work starting today. (He has been vaccinated but boy has his attitude changed.) My daughter thankfully didn't rub it back at him as he went way overboard in smart remarks to her about moving to Florida. (I agree with the moving to Florida but he was way too callous with his words toward his sister.)

I was tempted to smack him down a little lot but they are my babies. 30, 36, and 37.

Last edited:
Good Friday all. Been busy. Took the little guy fishing yesterday and then had to start mowing, trimming, etc on the property. Got a good number of people coming over Sunday. B'day party for the g'daughter that the Mrs and her daughter are putting on. Won't mention the number of folks coming over (parents with their kids) in case the 'president' monitors this board and sends in the storm troopers.
Will be tons to eat (thank heaven that so far I haven't been told I have to man the grill). And some blow-up yard toys and a giant water slide...company coming tomorrow to set that all up in the back yard and perhaps one field.
All the kids coming don't know the g'daughter....but when you're 8-10 years old, who cares. Kids can make friends in a matter of minutes. Wish adults were like that.

Time for a warrior-cat fishing report. OC and the little guy 2....fish population 2 (the ones that got away).
He caught a nice little 10-12 inch bass so it made the trip for him. He was excited...so it was worth the time.

Bert, if by chance you get any rain and you have a little left over, try to sent it North. It is so dry up here. Can't hardly remember the last time it rained. Was like a dust bowl while mowing. Amazing how your nice, beautiful green grass can turn to straw.

Bert, if by chance you get any rain and you have a little left over, try to sent it North. It is so dry up here. Can't hardly remember the last time it rained. Was like a dust bowl while mowing. Amazing how your nice, beautiful green grass can turn to straw.
We have had around 10 inches in the recent days and as I was getting out of the pool a few minutes ago I noticed how green everything was and how lush. It is amazing what a little rain can do. You can water and water and water but nothing makes it as green as God's rain.

It reminds me of a little tune written by Johnny Cash.

Good Friday all. . . . . . .

No rain yet, but it is August.

But anyway:
My straw looks better than yours! :)

Afternoon D, been staining on the deck again, got 19 hours working on it so far and NO WHERE NEAR DONE!!!!

Bert has a picture of a toemater I grew it's a humdinger!!!!LOL You care to post it Mr. Bert?

Read Amos 2, SC do you what is meant by for 3 or 4?

Tried my new Lew's rod and reel out, smoothest reel I have ever fished with, watch out trout I will be after you come September!!!! The rod is so sensitive, I can feel the fish sniffing the bait!!!! I would not lie about that, fishermen don't lie!!!!

I hope the D has a great rest of the evening!!!! Said my Prayers for the D this morning!!!!

Speaking of trucks and viaducts:

UK I think ours here is 11'4", this last one ripped the entire top off. It looked like he got started thru it and then said well might as well rip it all off!!!!! This has been going on for as long as I can remember and I am 70!!! Wish I knew how many 100's that has wrecked there!!!!

I put this on the political board but it is good enough to share with the D. I actually saw this ad on TV and thought it was a joke. So I googled it and sure enough this is real.

Woka-Cola. Be less white and drink woka-cola and die of diabetes. What an ad.

Local distributor of croaka-cola is an ash. Will not allow Ale-8 to be dispensed/fountain at any location they have their fountains, so everybody has been dropping them. Helps me not drink their trash (even though it was my favorite soda). Screw em

Has anyone in the D League seen our Rooster or heard from him? He is missed. Any word from you cousin, Bert?

106165088_10160097929638569_7778448093936750207_n.jpg

Quick word- My friend's sister is a teacher and posted a news meme for their district on Fakebook. He thought it said "Teachers, pick up your Class Roosters on Monday at the faculty meeting"

He was informed gently that it said "roster" but not before embarrassing himself with his post

This must be the jokers who I used for my last move. They tore up half of the load in one way or another. They also lost a lot of it, or stole it. It was a nightmare and I am still fighting over it.

I moved furniture, nationwide, every summer of my college days and we had pride and took the extra step not to break something. Some people do not have that same type of concern in today's world.

The world has definitely changed in that regard. I have a long story about helping some friends move because the "moving company" he hired sent two lazy idiots who could NEVER have packed a truck before. The truck was plenty big enough for the size truck he got, but they didn't get half his stuff in there and were sitting there smoking away the last hour he was paying them for.

I unloaded half the truck and reloaded it while he was on the phone trying to rent a 2nd truck for his drive to NY. Good thing his brother accidentally left town with my friend's wallet, or he'd never have called me to help. Saved him a thousand bucks at least.

Most moving companies suck

Last edited:
Strange event tonight. We bought a nice bottle of wine for our niece's housewarming gift tomorrow. It's gone. We had it sitting on the kitchen table and it's vanished. Checked out the front door video, no activity. Hope the spirit or thief enjoys. Oh, the door was locked.

Last edited:

Morning Legionnaires!

Uneventful day on tap. Weather will be upper 90's possibly 100 plus degree. needing weather to cool back down so I can get after that elusive bass again.

Looking seriously at home schooling my daughter (sophomore) this year and beyond if necessary. Lawyers say Oklahoma's HB1775 bill against teaching racism does not mention CRT specifically. It does however state that teachers cannot teach that a specific race or sex is inherently racist which is what CRT teaches (lawyers always trying to get around the issues). The largest teachers union in the country has set aside money to defend any teacher that teaches CRT in states that ban CRT citing that the truth must be taught. Me and my wife do not want to leave anything to chance. My daughter has expressed that she would be on board to be homeschooled if we decided to do it. There is a reason our country has dropped in the rankings in education in the world. Many of out teachers have become indoctrinated in the system of propaganda and not reality.

Good morning folks. Just back from a 5-mile run. Knees holding up for now. I promised to be on our company team as a DC event in late September so I have to last until then, and can blow it off after that.

Glad to see the USA team win the gold, mostly because of the three Cats on the team. Irritates me that guys like Steph Curry and LeBron James blow of the Olympics, but much respect to Kevin Durant and everyone who represented.

Small cookout today with son and daughter and some friends in attendance, so it'll be a nice summer day. Hope the same is true for all of you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT