ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Below is a quote by the OKC Public Schools Superintendent before Gov Stitt signed the bill which is why we are looking at home schooling.

Oklahoma City Public Schools Superintendent Sean McDaniel said the bill “appears to be a solution looking for a problem which does not exist” and encouraged Stitt to veto.

“We have teachers across the district who we trust to make decisions — sometimes life and death decisions — on behalf of our students each and every day,” McDaniel said in a statement. “Surely we can continue to trust our educators to guide these difficult yet necessary conversations with our students inside of their classrooms.”

Plus, some of the school boards say that it does not necessarily mean they cannot teach some form of CRT. TRUST he said. No sir.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 70° and cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring a mix of sun and clouds and a high of 86°.

Everyone stay safe on this Saturday.

ben759.jpg

Hey don't laugh...they researched it....

Oh,. God Bless your day in Jesus' name.

Made a nice mess of biscuits this morning. My oldest just hollered out with her mouth full...."Dad, these biscuits are good."...

(Edit: My oldest is classified as a Doctor. they treat her like one being a CRNA.)(My Doctor Baby Girl still likes Dad's biscuits.)

Last edited:
Below is a quote by the OKC Public Schools Superintendent before Gov Stitt signed the bill which is why we are looking at home schooling.

Oklahoma City Public Schools Superintendent Sean McDaniel said the bill “appears to be a solution looking for a problem which does not exist” and encouraged Stitt to veto.

“We have teachers across the district who we trust to make decisions — sometimes life and death decisions — on behalf of our students each and every day,” McDaniel said in a statement. “Surely we can continue to trust our educators to guide these difficult yet necessary conversations with our students inside of their classrooms.”

Plus, some of the school boards say that it does not necessarily mean they cannot teach some form of CRT. TRUST he said. No sir.
They should have a videotape in every classroom.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 80°F and partly cloudy. High today topping out around 95°F.

Wife watching replay of Australia vs Slovenia in Bronze medal game. Aussies playing good ball these days. I'm heading out for a walk after bit and then returning for a few chores.

That's all for now. Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

Raspberries-and-Cream-Day-FB.jpg

Here's an old classic, in one of many versions, written by hall of fame songwriter Dallas Frazier, who later became a preacher in Tennessee.
This song always reminded me of the Baptism of Devil Anse Hatfield. The leader of the Hatfield Clan is the man standing on the right, with the white shirt, no hat and a full beard. My great grandfather was at the baptism and he always swore when Devil Anse went under, steam rose from the creek. So said grandpa too. This was 1911 so I wouldn't know but it makes for a good tale

16aea2e352166a36c50c390dff719704.jpg

This song always reminded me of the Baptism of Devil Anse Hatfield. The leader of the Hatfield Clan is the man standing on the right, with the white shirt, no hat and a full beard. My great grandfather was at the baptism and he always swore when Devil Anse went under, steam rose from the creek. So said grandpa too. This was 1911 so I wouldn't know but it makes for a good tale

That’s a great story Sawnee. Imagine what that day must have been like after so many bloody years of feuding. I suspect there were folks in the crowd hollaring “dunk him twice!”

Even though I don't care much for Kevin Costner as an actor (forgetting the politics for a moment...he's just the same in every movie)....I thought the mini-series Hatfields & McCoys was really good. Loved the Jim Vance character played by Tom Berenger.

Even though I don't care much for Kevin Costner as an actor (forgetting the politics for a moment...he's just the same in every movie)....I thought the mini-series Hatfields & McCoys was really good. Loved the Jim Vance character played by Tom Berenger.
I love that series also. Plus my favored Western of the last two decades was Open Range. I suppose if you considered the actors politics we would not watch many movies.

The movie was pretty accurate historically. My g-grandfather was in the same CSA unit with Captain Devil Anse, 45th Virginia and later the "Logan Wildcats". He lived very close to him in Logan County, WVA and he when the feud broke out he sided with the Hatfields. They fought for Virginia because West Virginia was still Virginia when the war broke out. My g-grandfather was also in the same unit and he joined the CSA at age 56. This area of (West) Virginia was pro-Confederate and the people identified as Virginians.

This is my g=grandfather with his wife and youngest child. He had about 10 young-uns.
The rifle is a Sharps carbine he used in the war. My grandfather had a rifle that had "Devil Anse Hatfield" engraved in the stock and my cousin was with him one day when he traded it for a pony. My cousin told him to hold onto it because it was valuable and grandpa answered who would want a that. They are getting ready to head to church. A rifle in hand. LOL

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teTwOD-Ertfmbsdnh9_YxUpC

The movie was pretty accurate historically. My g-grandfather was in the same CSA unit with Captain Devil Anse, 45th Virginia and later the "Logan Wildcats". He lived very close to him in Logan County, WVA and he when the feud broke out he sided with the Hatfields. They fought for Virginia because West Virginia was still Virginia when the war broke out. My g-grandfather was also in the same unit and he joined the CSA at age 56. This area of (West) Virginia was pro-Confederate and the people identified as Virginians.

This is my g=grandfather with his wife and youngest child. He had about 10 young-uns.
The rifle is a Sharps carbine he used in the war. My grandfather had a rifle that had "Devil Anse Hatfield" engraved in the stock and my cousin was with him one day when he traded it for a pony. My cousin told him to hold onto it because it was valuable and grandpa answered who would want a that. They are getting ready to head to church. A rifle in hand. LOL

I love those old pictures.

Life was a hard thing back then especially if you had fought on the losing side.

Great photos. The part of my family that didn’t come to Kentucky was still around Hedgesville, WVA (then Virginia of course) in Civil War times, and in the churchyard of that town you can find a couple of them who were killed fighting with the CSA. That’s more into the eastern part of the state, in the Shenandoah Valley.

I love that series also. Plus my favored Western of the last two decades was Open Range. I suppose if you considered the actors politics we would not watch many movies.
He's not as bad politically as most actors. Just seems that about every role he has...he seems the same. Kind of like a Gary Cooper. I guess they basically play themselves. Although in the Hatfield's... he seemed a bit different...more like acting. Loved Open Range too. Have seen it 5 or 6 times. But in Open Range he was basically the same character as he was in Dances With Wolves....to me anyway. But hey...he's been very successful and has made a ton of money so more power to him.

Now there are some in the acting field that I won't watch a movie they're in. Just me I guess.

I heard an old preacher once describing the death of a friend of his who refused to become a Christian. He said he accidentally fell out of his boat and drowned. The colorful way he described it was , "he sank to the bottom and just kept going on down."

Last edited:
I know many of you can relate to this. My father, uncles, aunts and cousins left Pike County to find work. But grandpa stayed. I am glad he stayed.

Now, I liked that one. I am not nor have I ever been big on old country nor new for that matter. My mother and step father used to listen to it but, I never got in to it. Living in Louisville most of my childhood I listened to the local rock and easy listening pop. Was (still am) an Elton John fan. He had some pretty good ballads back in the older days and the only concerts I ever attended were his. Twice in Germany and once in Nashville when I was stationed at FT. Campbell. Below is one of his ballads about Danny Baily a Kentucky shine runner.

I heard an old preacher once describing the death of a friend of his who refused to become a Christian. He said he accidentally fell out of his boat and drowned. The colorful way he described it was , "he sank to the bottom and just kept going on down."
Had two retired soldiers fishing at a FT Sill pond (engineer pond) a few years back in a boat when a storm with some wind came in and tip the boat. Neither could swim nor did they wear a life vest and both drowned. Crazy if you ask me. I still wear a vest and I can swim like a fish. There is a lot of water weeds and grass in these ponds that can get you tangled up as well. I use a wader that comes up to my chest to get past some of it when I am bank fishing and get caught up in the weeds on occasion. Have been tripped up by them a few times.

I know many of you can relate to this. My father, uncles, aunts and cousins left Pike County to find work. But grandpa stayed. I am glad he stayed.

I certainly can relate Sawnee. Always said I was born 100 years too late. I have 2 sisters and a brother, all older than me. They all achieved college degrees and moved away. I tried college, but wound up back on the family farm helping my parents. Never regretted it for a minute, although I will never have financial stability as they do. But I have memories, that no one can take away. I’d do it all again if given the choice.

Another good ballad.

He had quite a few like these in his younger years.
I'm a big early EJ fan. Played the hell out of his albums. For me though, his last really good one was Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy. After that I kind of lost interest but man o man his early stuff is pure gold, especially Tumbleweed Connection and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. Can't forget Madman Across the Water and Honky Chateau.

I'm a big early EJ fan. Played the hell out of his albums. For me though, his last really good one was Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy. After that I kind of lost interest but man o man his early stuff is pure gold, especially Tumbleweed Connection and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. Can't forget Madman Across the Water and Honky Chateau.

Great artist. Loved his work on the Lion King...

60 years on is a good song from way back when.

Morning Legionnaires!

Uneventful day on tap. Weather will be upper 90's possibly 100 plus degree. needing weather to cool back down so I can get after that elusive bass again.

Looking seriously at home schooling my daughter (sophomore) this year and beyond if necessary. Lawyers say Oklahoma's HB1775 bill against teaching racism does not mention CRT specifically. It does however state that teachers cannot teach that a specific race or sex is inherently racist which is what CRT teaches (lawyers always trying to get around the issues). The largest teachers union in the country has set aside money to defend any teacher that teaches CRT in states that ban CRT citing that the truth must be taught. Me and my wife do not want to leave anything to chance. My daughter has expressed that she would be on board to be homeschooled if we decided to do it. There is a reason our country has dropped in the rankings in education in the world. Many of out teachers have become indoctrinated in the system of propaganda and not reality.

There are so many resources to help with it, though I'm not as knowledgeable about them in particular. Coworker/friend has something like 10 nieces and nephews that were home schooled and most graduated college earlier or in fewer years than other friends their age in the local public and private schools. No problems with the BS/PC "socialization" fears people talk about.

Most were taking college courses online or at local colleges, and some tested out of the beginning college courses altogether BEFORE THEY GRADUATED HS and didnt spend the extra money on those classes.

Good Saturday Morning

Should have some fun in the sun today with a current temperature of 73° and plenty of sunshine. A few clouds will roll in this afternoon and our high will be 86°. A 20% chance of rain.

The chapters in Amos are short so I read through Chapter 5.

Have a great Saturday all,

231534695_10159507386128966_4274629842127101639_n.jpg

Didn't a car fall on Mark "The Bird" Frydrych? (Pitcher for the Detroit Tigers) Why go that route geez. (I have seen some work in this type manner.) I change my own oil and other things but darn I never trusted heavy weights over my head unless there was a more solid stop-gap between me and death.

I love representing the USA...

Good morning all. Finally, finally, finally...got some rain. Got two rounds of storms. Couple of downpours. A steady all day rain would have been better but we'll take what we can get. So, it's not quite as dry as before...the grass will bounce back some...and the rain barrels (we've got 5 or 6 on the property) are full.

Big day for the g'daughter. Egg casserole (her mom got the recipe from me that was in my ex's family for about 100 years...called Christmas casserole) for breakfast. Company coming to set up all the kid/yard slides, etc. Get three grills ready.
Will be a busy day. B'day she'll remember. But that's what G'mothrs do...spoil them rotten. And these two little ones truly are.

Y'all have a safe, happy, healthy and blessed Lord's Day.

First Covid will get ya...now flesh eating mites in D.C....

Good Sunday Morning

Read Amos 6 and 7

We are expecting a nice day today with current temperature of 73° and the sun is starting to rise. Our high will be 85° and we have a 24% chance of rain mid afternoon. After church this morning we will have a Baptizing. The church has a Baptismal but folks prefer it be held outside, usually in the Gulf of Mexico.

We have some sad news this morning, football coach Bobby Bowden who made Florida State into a college football powerhouse has died. I was not a Seminole fan but I did enjoy watching his teams play over the years.

When he spoke at our church a few years ago he said he left West Virginia to go to Florida State because he wanted to get closer to Alabama with the dream of taking over that program when Bear Bryant retired. (Alabama was his home state). But he did so well at Florida State he knew he could never leave them for another job. So he made them into one of the best programs and retired with FSU. He was 91. Rest in Peace Bobby Bowden

AAMpArF.img

Good morning from ATX. Currently 78°F and partly cloudy. Dry. Today's high should hit 97°F. Heat is on around here.

Sorry hearing about Bobby Bowden. Heckuva coach and individual.

Found a wallet yesterday afternoon with a Green Card in it. Trying to track owner down now.

Enjoyed viewing more live Olympic coverage last night. Caught women's basketball and women's volleyball games in which Team USA won both. Good stuff.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

befunky-design2.jpg

Good morning folks. Still enjoying cool weather in the east. Definitely made my 5-mile run more palatable.

Yes Colonel, the flesh eating mites that have emerged to eat cicada eggs are a thing here in the DC area. Just last night at our small dinner party a guy showed what looked like chigger bites on his neck and arms and claimed that as the cause. I’m more concerned by the genuine damage to a line of massive, majestic oak trees that line the edge of my property. Normally this time of year they’d be deep green. Instead they look like woodland BDUs - a patchwork of green, brown and yellow.

Hope it’s a good Sunday for you all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT