ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Guess I'll get some shoes and put the Mrs' pic on them.....

SINGLE_USE_ONLY_Gwen_Stefani_Shoes_TheImageDirect.jpg

Guess I'll get some shoes and put the Mrs' pic on them.....

SINGLE_USE_ONLY_Gwen_Stefani_Shoes_TheImageDirect.jpg

My darling loves me, I have no doubt but why do I think if she had this chance my pic would be on both soles...?

She'd do it for the laugh effect. "Hey look..." and then start stomping and stomping, and stomping... I can hear her now... and just laughing and laughing and laughing.... I am almost tempted to buy her a pair... Just to hear my Darling laugh though she laughs well regularly. (Yeah, I am thankful!)

Last edited:
A good early morning to all. Up very early...couldn't sleep...been up since about 3:30. Too early to start the lawn tractor? It's got headlights. No close neighbors. Nah..I'll wait.

Another cool morning...about 60. Must be global warming because I can't remember another late July/early August like this. But it's getting back to normal here soon. We've got a big function here at the property this weekend and it's supposed to be about 90.

Y'all have a good day.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 74°F and partly cloudy. Today's high should reach around 91°F. Chance for rain tomorrow. We've also experienced cooler weather during this summer, but expecting warmer temps next week closer to seasonal levels.

Happy Hump Day!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

ab9f5df2f6e01f2691b41775ae84436d.png

Catching up a bit late D-League. My daughter got in last night after a bit of drama when her car broke down in West Memphis, Arkansas. Just a battery issue but not the place for a pretty 23-year-old woman to deal with trouble.

I had visions of a version of this happening.

But all turned out well and we had a small welcome home party.
While still in the Army I was coming home to Kentucky traveling on I40 headed for Nashville where I would hit I65 north up to Etown and then on to Rineyville to my brothers house. Not far from the bridge area in west Memphis I broke down and was towed to a local all night auto shop (it was about 2 in the morning). As my car was being fixed I ask a the workers there (all black) where I could walk to to get a bite to eat while they were fixing my car. They were all nice guys but told me it was best that I stayed around them because being white in that area could be troublesome for me. I took their advice and stayed there until the car was fixed.

Last edited:
Good luck reeling ‘Em in Warrior. Cloudy and cool in the east.

I’m listening to a long podcast on my morning walks about the baseball steroid scandal, which of course included top Olympians as well.

Takeaways:
1. The cheating was even worse and more disgraceful than I remember.

2. The central IRS agent who took down BALCO, the company that hooked up Barry Bonds, Marion Jones and others to the juice should have been in jail himself for violating rights constantly in the investigation.

3. I have no doubt juicing continues today, maybe not rampantly in the US, but certainly in China and likely in places like Jamaica. It turns out if you can engineer a new steroid, not that hard, the tests are useless.

Good cool Wednesday Morning D League

Well we have 71° with scattered thunder storm as the weather moves in from the Gulf. We had a lot of Bert and Cord's rain yesterday that registered at 7 inches with as much as 10 inches in other areas around here. Things are nice and green and the lake is as full. Our high today will reach 79° here and may get to 82° more inland. A stiff breeze will be with us all day.

I was happy to see Sydney McLaughlin win the Gold. She is a young lady I can cheer for and she is thankful to God for her talents. She took those talents and became the best in the world with class and dignity. She was raised right and I am proud of her. To me she is what the Olympics are about. Running for your country and giving God the thanks for your talent.

Y'all take care and stay dry America as you enjoy the rain. I hear it hitting the roof right now.

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teTeZp3EdMPeOSiPEHYH9UVG

Beautiful shot, 41102. Another angle, with a galoot from Kentucky blocking some of the scenery.

Part Malamute? jk jk ;) 🤭 (Hey, it rhymed. :oops: )

Oh, May this day be the day that you, if you have not, find your personal relationship with Jesus Christ. God's love is everlasting. May your day also bring you joy unspeakable! God Bless you all!

Morning folks of the D-League. It is a nice 66.7°F here on its way to 84. When I got up it was again at 59°. I am enjoying the cool mornings.

We got a new dishwasher installed yesterday. Now we have a leak under the sink. Nothing is easy these days.

You all have a good day and make sure you cultivate a deep friendship with a plumber.

Morning folks of the D-League. It is a nice 66.7°F here on its way to 84. When I got up it was again at 59°. I am enjoying the cool mornings.

We got a new dishwasher installed yesterday. Now we have a leak under the sink. Nothing is easy these days.

You all have a good day and make sure you cultivate a deep friendship with a plumber.
My pool heater kicked on this morning. Now for the first week of August that is a first. I actually thought I had it turned off. The pool water temperature is in the 70's.

Oh and Bert, we are still getting your rain. Tell the plumber to cut if off because you may be flooding the Southland.

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teSamG0By6Nk7X8ydexUiQS1

I know two plumbers who live 38 miles north of you, but work often in Bowling Green. Need me to make a call?

I've always done my own plumbing...other than waste pipes...I'll gladly pay for that.
But I've always hated plumbing when it will be something inside a wall....like when I remodeled the main bath a number of years ago. Always afraid of leaks. But it's been 5 or 6 years now so I guess I'm OK.

I've always done my own plumbing...other than waste pipes...I'll gladly pay for that.
But I've always hated plumbing when it will be something inside a wall....like when I remodeled the main bath a number of years ago. Always afraid of leaks. But it's been 5 or 6 years now so I guess I'm OK.
The man that put it in is on his way here. Dave is a good man and I think he will make it right.

A good man is priceless.

I went over to the East Coast for a few days and enjoyed meeting with family and treating them to some Old Florida seafood. One of the best places to enjoy this is JB's Fish Camp on the Indian River. Their menu is fantastic and has about any type of seafood you would enjoy. I enjoyed a large serving of fried oysters and a bucket of gator tail for an appetizer for the table.

If you are in that area I recommend JB's for seafood and a good time

http://jbsfishcamp.com/

Last edited:
A good early morning to all. Up very early...couldn't sleep...been up since about 3:30. Too early to start the lawn tractor? It's got headlights. No close neighbors. Nah..I'll wait.

Another cool morning...about 60. Must be global warming because I can't remember another late July/early August like this. But it's getting back to normal here soon. We've got a big function here at the property this weekend and it's supposed to be about 90.

Y'all have a good day.
You were up15 minutes before me!

Good cool Wednesday Morning D League

Well we have 71° with scattered thunder storm as the weather moves in from the Gulf. We had a lot of Bert and Cord's rain yesterday that registered at 7 inches with as much as 10 inches in other areas around here. Things are nice and green and the lake is as full. Our high today will reach 79° here and may get to 82° more inland. A stiff breeze will be with us all day.

I was happy to see Sydney McLaughlin win the Gold. She is a young lady I can cheer for and she is thankful to God for her talents. She took those talents and became the best in the world with class and dignity. She was raised right and I am proud of her. To me she is what the Olympics are about. Running for your country and giving God the thanks for your talent.

Y'all take care and stay dry America as you enjoy the rain. I hear it hitting the roof right now.

00-VGoiT3Y43HCVi5zFo8RP4qAIx90G3xGFQmQ4UHj7teTeZp3EdMPeOSiPEHYH9UVG
Am I the only one that sees a face in that cloud?

Afternoon D, another beautiful day here in the Berg. It was a perfect day to pressure wash my deck, got half of it done. I will stain it and then do the other later on!!!

I walked this morning with a flannel shirt on!!!!

Believe all women unless you area dimocrap!!!!

SC or any of the D since we finished Joel, is there anywhere you want to start reading, if so just say where!

I hope the D has a great rest of the day and Prayers!!!!

Good morning from ATX. Currently 74°F and partly cloudy. Today's high should reach around 91°F. Chance for rain tomorrow. We've also experienced cooler weather during this summer, but expecting warmer temps next week closer to seasonal levels.

Happy Hump Day!

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

ab9f5df2f6e01f2691b41775ae84436d.png
Ate our last one today, she is going to make some more!!!! Mrs. M made some and we put pecans and walnuts in them, delicious!!!!!

Looks like no winners identifying the glamor girl. That young lovely would later be known by all as Aunt Bee - Frances Bavier...I can see why Backer was hitting on her in 1978...
Not who I thought at all...although I've seen some old movies with her in it and she was quite the looker back in the day. I was thinking of an actress...not 'A' list, probably not even 'B'...but have no idea of her name.
When I see her again in an old movie months, or years from now I'll do a post on who she is and the D will go....what? What's that guy talking about! Nobody will remember today and I'll be too lazy to go back in the CatsIllustrated archives.

Looks like no winners identifying the glamor girl. That young lovely would later be known by all as Aunt Bee - Frances Bavier...I can see why Backer was hitting on her in 1978...
You know a lot more than me my friend. I don’t have A clue why I was hitting on whatever I was hitting on. Thank god, I found the right hammer. I’m a happy man now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT