ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Happy 4th of July weekend folks. I'm sure many of you, especially the veterans, have spent the day in far-flung places. I hope this year you are with your families and those you love the most. I know this is a crowd that is fully appreciative of what a magnificent country we've got -- still, in spite of whatever is going on in transitory politics.

I've spent the 4th from Tonsina, Alaska to Fort. Lauderdale to Michigan to Colorado to the White House lawn and other places in between, and thinking of all the people I've shared the day with -- all the Americans -- gives me confidence in the strength of the country.

The wife and I bought all the Chuck Eye steaks the Commissary had left. About 12 to 15 pounds worth at 4 something a pound. That is a hidden gem steak. Just a marvelous piece of meat. Try it if you haven't. The grill will get a workout starting today.

God Bless all your weekends. May you find joy in your surroundings and peace in this land where the hateful lead. God Bless you all...
I was going to try chuck eye steak but I went to the commissary and they didn't have any left.

The wife and I bought all the Chuck Eye steaks the Commissary had left. About 12 to 15 pounds worth at 4 something a pound. That is a hidden gem steak. Just a marvelous piece of meat. Try it if you haven't. The grill will get a workout starting today.

God Bless all your weekends. May you find joy in your surroundings and peace in this land where the hateful lead. God Bless you all...
Wanted beef ribs to smoke for tonight. Went to 2 or 3 grocery stores yesterday and couldn't find any (other than at Krogers where they had them but they were 98% bone). So went bright and early this morning to an actual meat market. Asked them if they had Boneless Beef Ribs. Said they didn't have any cut but if I could wait about 5-10 minutes he would cut me some. OK. Got home...put them on 'smoke' on the new Pit Boss, and noticed the package from the butcher shop and it said Beef Chuck Roast. ? Wonder if it's from the same cut? Did they not have in their system (for pricing) boneless ribs and chuck roast is the same price?

I'm sure Chuck Eye is from the same cut as Beef Chuck Roast. I would assume. But ribs?
Will have to go to my old friend DuckDuckGo (no Google or Yahoo for me)

Last edited:
Wanted beef ribs to smoke for tonight. Went to 2 or 3 grocery stores yesterday and couldn't find any (other than at Krogers where they had them but they were 98% bone). So went bright and early this morning to an actual meat market. Asked them if they had Boneless Beef Ribs. Said they didn't have any cut but if I could wait about 5-10 minutes he would cut me some. OK. Got home...put them on 'smoke' on the new Pit Boss, and noticed the package from the butcher shop and it said Beef Chuck Roast. ? Wonder if it's from the same cut? Did they not have in their system (for pricing) boneless ribs and chuck roast is the same price?

I'm sure Chuck Eye is from the same cut as Beef Chuck Roast. I would assume. But ribs?

Chuck eye is a more savory cut of meat than ribeye but way cheaper. Can't find it on the shelf at times.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 62° and sunny here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring mostly sunny skies and a high of 80°.

Everyone stay safe on this holiday weekend.

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F130617120228-alamo-texas-story-top.jpg
So which state provided the 2nd most defenders behind Tennessee ( one good thing I'll say about TN)?

I'd eat potted meat first.
I just finished off a nice bone in rib-eye for supper .You can probably eat out cheaper for the prices of meat from a grocery store today.

Did I tell you potted meat and deviled ham are among my favorites. Not quite gizzard standard but close.

This makes a good sandwich or just eat it with crackers.

200px-Underwood_Deviled_Ham_in_Can.jpg

iu

I haven't paid for the up charge on "beef ribs" for over a decade since the butcher told me chuck roast is the same cut without the bone. I forget that most people were like me and didn't know that.

Good morning D-League. It’s a glorious one in the east. Been out walking and watching the sun rise. Cool and clear, a beautiful start to the day.

Happy 4th to all Americans worthy of the name. Just having a relatively low key cookout then we’ll drive over and watch some local fireworks. I hope it is a good one for all of you.

A happy 4th to all!!! And a good Lord's Day to all!!

Beautiful sunny morning in the Buckeye State. A nice, pleasant mid-60s now...but quickly getting up to about 90. So the heat is on the way.

Not a lot on the docket for today. A little company for a cookout and that's about all.
The 'boneless beef ribs' turned out very good. A little spice rub on before, smoked for about 3 hours (could have been more...got closer to dinner time and turned up temp to 300+.) Learned a lot about beef ribs in looking them up after noticing the package said Beef Chuck Roast. Didn't know there were so may types/cuts of beef ribs. About five I think. But they were very good.

Y'all have a good, great, safe, and happy Lord's Day....that just so happens to be Independence Day.
With all the country's problelms and the Dem/Libs who want to tear it down....perhaps Independence Day on His day is a good omen.

Morning folks. It is a slightly warmer temp today than yesterday, a sunny 61.9°F.

It is good to see that Austin safely got to Knoxville (home of the Vols and Rocky Top - on June the 10 I stopped at Rocky Top's McDonalds and bought a cone of soft serve).

Here is to a great Fourth of July to the D-League. Remember the reason for the holiday.

Here are my "direct" ancestors who fought in the Revolution:

Byrd Prewitt (1753-1833)
Jacob Falconberry (1757-1844)
Benjamin Aimsley Higginbotham (Abt 1723-1791)
Benjamin Higginbotham Jr (1757-1810)
Larkin Gatewood (1736-1805)
John Upshaw (1755-1834)
John Elmore (1758-1836)
William Davis (1753-1848)
William Marshall (1750-1822)

To irritate any Dem/libs who may wander by the property today.....got my Betsy Ross flag on the flagpole, flags around the mailbox, flags around a historical marker in the front yard, flags lining one of the old sidewalks leading to the house, and a banner flag above the 'colonial' front door. That oughta get 'em.
Plus, I like it.

Morning folks. It is a slightly warmer temp today than yesterday, a sunny 61.9°F.

It is good to see that Austin safely got to Knoxville (home of the Vols and Rocky Top - on June the 10 I stopped at Rocky Top's McDonalds and bought a cone of soft serve).

Here is to a great Fourth of July to the D-League. Remember the reason for the holiday.

Byrd Prewitt (1753-1833)
Jacob Falconberry (1757-1844)
Benjamin Aimsley Higginbotham (Abt 1723-1791)
Benjamin Higginbotham Jr (1757-1810)
Larkin Gatewood (1736-1805)
John Upshaw (1755-1834)
John Elmore (1758-1836)
William Davis (1753-1848)
William Marshall (1750-1822)
That is quite a heritage Bert. I have a few in my bloodline

Joseph Adair ( South Carolina)
William Adair (South Carolina)
John Adair (South Carolina) After the war he moved to Kentucky and became Governor
William White (Virginia)
Joshua Blanton (North Carolina
James Blanton (North Carolina)
John Alderman (North Carolina) He was the father-in-law to Joshua Blanton.

I joined the Sons of The American Revolution under the name of John Alderman. It is a good group of men to be associated with.

66106930_2397324120320650_2186030610114412544_n.jpg

Nice to see Austin had safe travels. We should have a very nice day for Independence Day down here, we might get a little rain but that is always welcome. It keeps us green. I trust all are well and enjoy the day. It is still special to me and it always will be. I am not WOKE yet, still sleeping in the love of God and Country.

I had some too. Would be a good project...pull out some of the family's history/genealogy and see how many.

To irritate any Dem/libs who may wander by the property today.....got my Betsy Ross flag on the flagpole, flags around the mailbox, flags around a historical marker in the front yard, flags lining one of the old sidewalks leading to the house, and a banner flag above the 'colonial' front door. That oughta get 'em.
Plus, I like it.
I love the Old Betsy Ross flag. I fly it too and proudly.

66394243_2397325276987201_8629926320983244800_n.jpg

Good morning D, Happy 4th to you!!!! I love our country!!!!!

SC I've to stop reading Jeremiah for a couple days because I have gotten ahead of the others in my group, I jumped over to Daniel and read this morning, I'll start again when they catch up.

I hope the D, has a great 4th, I am going to be with family this evening! Stay safe and Prayers!!!

Happy 4th Bev, OEC and Y, I mean Bertfan!!!!

Good morning D, Happy 4th to you!!!! I love our country!!!!!

SC I've to stop reading Jeremiah for a couple days because I have gotten ahead of the others in my group, I jumped over to Daniel and read this morning, I'll start again when they catch up.

I hope the D, has a great 4th, I am going to be with family this evening! Stay safe and Prayers!!!

Happy 4th Bev, OEC and Y, I mean Bertfan!!!!
OK let me know when you pick it back up so I can stay even with you. Thanks, and Happy 4th. It still means something around here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT