ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning d-League. I echo what others have said about Mintz. And when you consider that the Cats still have a shot at Duren or Cockburn -- it's exciting times for hoop fans again.

I know opinions on Cal are all over the map here. But I do think he has a track record of taking advantage of changes in the sport -- no one got out there as fast as he did with One and Done to put together teams built around talent like Wall, Davis and MKG, among others. That appraoch comes with its own built in limitation -- you are relying on freshmen every year.

Now, he's maxing out on transfer portal talent. That's got its own challenges -- all these guys are looking to be the Stud Duck. But the basic, fundamental requirement in basketball is to have talent.

Off for my walk. Hope the D-league has a great day.
I'm assuming that Carr is now out of the picture. Cal only has one scholarship to offer. Has he ever had a full 13 scholie load while at UK? Maybe his first year with all the Billy Clyde leftovers.

One of my favorite all-time albums. Not a bad song on it.

sddefault.jpg

I don't think Left Frizzell recorded a bad song. Some may have been better than others but I could listen to anything he recorded.

Coming down to it now. I know this is not a sympathy trip but it weighs on me for some reason. I don't know why.

Oh, enjoy this weekend and think God. God has touched this country so lovingly and graciously. It truly saddens me to see a country aggressively turning away from God. This is a knee bending weekend for sure. May God's favor and love surround you all and your families. God Bless you...

Hey D, I hate to have to keep asking, but would you say Prayer for my good friend in Georgetown, he just called me and his wife has taken a turn for the worse, had to take her to emergency room, she was having hard time breathing. cancer has spread . Doesn't look good he told me!

God's peace and comfort toward your friends and you. May God's power intercede in a miraculous fashion. God's love overcomes all.

Hey D, I hate to have to keep asking, but would you say Prayer for my good friend in Georgetown, he just called me and his wife has taken a turn for the worse, had to take her to emergency room, she was having hard time breathing. cancer has spread . Doesn't look good he told me!
No reason. Even though we all don't get together and talk face to face every Saturday morning over coffee doesn't mean we don't feel each others pain. I feel the D.L. is here for each other....and lifting up each other or our family and friends in prayer is all part of it.

Prayers for your friend and his wife cord.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 66° and overcast. This afternoon will bring clear skies and a high of 77°.

Everyone stay safe on this Friday.

preview-lightbox-Attractions-Mount-Rushmore-During-Sunset-Low-Resolution.jpg
Enjoy Mt. Rushmore while you can..."Four privileged white males -- two of whom owned slaves, one who made war on Native Americans in the Black Hawk War and one who made war on innocent Hispanics in Cuba?"

I can't believe the thing hasn't been chiseled away to portray Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Caitlyn Jenner and Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez...

Enjoy Mt. Rushmore while you can..."Four privileged white males -- two of whom owned slaves, one who made war on Native Americans in the Blackhawk War and one who made war on innocent Hispanics in Cuba?"

I can't believe the thing hasn't been chiseled away to portray Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Caitlyn Jenner and Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez...
That, and this one outside of Atlanta...

200610000850-stone-mountain-file-super-tease.jpg

As someone whose ancestors fought in both the Stonewall Brigade and the Orphans Brigade, that one honors my heritage. But I'll be amazed if it survives another decade.
My third cousin Zachary Taylor's son in law was Jefferson Davis. Taylor was the hero of the war with Mexico and President, but anymore that does not make a crap.

Hell they are probably going to remove his name from the Zachary Taylor National Cemetery in Louisville. Also, I have another third cousin named James Madison; however, he was a white man and first cousin to Zachary. So they are coming after him now because he wrote the damned constitution. He had to be a white racist.

I have five ancestors who fought in the Orphans Brigade. They were formed in Barren, Edmonson and Warren County. They paid a heavy price for the civil war. But what is even worse, is that I had more kin fighting for the North than the South.

But it does not matter I am a White Southern man (translation: racist) who needs to be denigrated.

This shit has to end or we will pay for it with another civil war.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 79°F and clear. Expect a high of 87°F with scattered showers.

Attempt departure at 2 am CST. Goal is arrival in Shawanee, TN 15.5 hours later. Looking at 1,090 miles. Odometer currently at 32,364. We'll check back later.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

36603262_10155869795148795_8656975556862017536_n.jpg
Everyone bitching about Biden's gas prices should load up on today's national food day item. Let's all go out and join the Bovine Brigade and give a middle finger to the climate change warriors.

Morning Legionnaires!

Rain stopped yesterday afternoon but, possibility of more this morning with it clearing off this afternoon. No fishing so far this week but, will try tomorrow. Haven't cut my grass in a bit so, fishing in the morning, shopping and eating lunch midday with wife and daughter, cutting grass in the afternoon, bitching about how tired I am at night. Bitching will stop as soon as I have downed a couple of Warsteiners.

Sounds like a full day. Thank God Monday is the observed holiday and I can sleep in. Oh...wait a minute...I can sleep in any day I want. Heh, heh, heh.

With apologies to those still working.

A beautiful morning in the Buckeye State. Was sitting on one of the porches...listening to all the birds....drinking coffee...nice and cool with no humidity. About 55....going up to 80. But the heat reprieve will be short lived....up to about 90 for the next 3 or 4 days. But, hey, the 4th is supposed to be hot...right?

Spent almost the entire day yesterday mowing...but didn't do all of it....but enough. So today is a 'piddle' day. Do what I want, when I want (sounds like most days I guess). Might trim a few bushes. Head to the store here in a few to see if I can find some beef ribs to smoke for tonight. Might put one of the campers in the backyard and relax out there tonight (not an overnight...just sit under the awning with a fire) and tomorrow. So...just find some things to do. Tired after yesterday.

Y'all have a good Saturday.

We are one lost, sick nation. I seriously doubt we can turn around from this until we hit rock bottom. And maybe not even then. Hearts are too hardened.

I read Jeremiah 34 & 35.
Just look at how much this country has changed since 9/11. People were flying American Flags everywhere and talking about how the NYPD had done such a good job. Now people are turning their backs on the flag, even burning it, and wanting to defund the police.

Everyone bitching about Biden's gas prices should load up on today's national food day item. Let's all go out and join the Bovine Brigade and give a middle finger to the climate change warriors.

The wife and I bought all the Chuck Eye steaks the Commissary had left. About 12 to 15 pounds worth at 4 something a pound. That is a hidden gem steak. Just a marvelous piece of meat. Try it if you haven't. The grill will get a workout starting today.

God Bless all your weekends. May you find joy in your surroundings and peace in this land where the hateful lead. God Bless you all...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT