ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D

Read Jeremiah 31 with my black cup of strong coffee. This is a very special chapter in the Old Testament.

At long last the rains and thunderstorms are here. Life is good. Our current temperature is 71° and Winds East at 7 mph. We have an 80% chance of rain this afternoon as the temperature climbs to 83°.

Cord's birthday reminded me how time flies by. This picture was taken over 50 years ago. My first child, my first son and my first and only wife in front of our first house. It is like yesterday. You turn around and yesterday is gone. To be honest I am glad those yellow plaid shorts are gone. Can you believe they made them and I bought them.

Make every day special and cherish the moment. Trust all are well.

enhance

Morning Legionnaires!

More rain on tap for today and through Saturday. My grass is going to be up my blankity blank before too long. With all of this rain and Austin's Ginger Snaps reference I have been hearing the Gilligan's Island theme running through my head.

"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tell, a tale of a fateful trip"...

Good morning D

Read Jeremiah 31 with my black cup of strong coffee. This is a very special chapter in the Old Testament.

At long last the rains and thunderstorms are here. Life is good. Our current temperature is 71° and Winds East at 7 mph. We have an 80% chance of rain this afternoon as the temperature climbs to 83°.

Cord's birthday reminded me how time flies by. This picture was taken over 50 years ago. My first child, my first son and my first and only wife in front of our first house. It is like yesterday. You turn around and yesterday is gone. To be honest I am glad those yellow plaid shorts are gone. Can you believe they made them and I bought them.

Make every day special and cherish the moment. Trust all are well.

enhance
Well, you could at least go into the woods during hunting season without fear unless the hunters were hunting for people who wore ugly shorts.

Good morning D-League. I hope all is well. Still steamy in the east.

Thanks for sharing that photo Sawnee. Great looking young family and I'm sure the same, minus the word young, can be said today.

You know how you'll wake up sometimes and a fragment of a poem or a song lyric or even a commercial will be running on a loop in your brain? For me this morning it was, "the scaffold is high and eternity is near..." I hope it isn't as bad as all that. But I do love the old Lefty Frizzell song, since covered by many others:

They are discussing on my little radio station that drag racing will be returning locally. Lead Foot City will be setting it up and it should be a lot of fun.

Back in the 50's a boy would work on his car all night, take it to the drag strip and blow out the engine then start all over. We didn't have time for drugs or gangs when you had to get your flat head V-8 ready to roll.

2625859738_693f65c1f1_z.jpg

Thanks for sharing that photo Sawnee. Great looking young family and I'm sure the same, minus the word young, can be said today.

You know how you'll wake up sometimes and a fragment of a poem or a song lyric or even a commercial will be running on a loop in your brain? For me this morning it was, "the scaffold is high and eternity is near..." I hope it isn't as bad as all that. But I do love the old Lefty Frizzell song, since covered by many others:
Thanks and I enjoyed ole Lefty. He really was a great one and this is one of his best recordings. In fact it was one of the greatest country tunes ever recorded and he did it better than all of the rest.

I must be simple-minded.... all that runs through my mind most days is.....

Grandpa Shark....with my grandson pointing at me....in rhythm I might add...

Thanks and I enjoyed ole Lefty. He really was a great one and this is one of his best recordings. In fact it was one of the greatest country tunes ever recorded and he did it better than all of the rest.

I beg to differ Sir... (In my best Doc Holiday reaction.) We all know the greatest country song was recorded by; David Allen Coe..(According to him and I have it on record)

In my Best John Wayne reaction; "Not Hardly"...

d973b8428813b9852c92e1e79d93191c.jpg

I know it was completely sacrilegious posting John Wayne and David Allen Coe in the same post... just horrible...

Good morning D-League. It's currently 73° and raining here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring more rain, possibly heavy at times and a high of 73°.

I arrive at work this morning to find out that the power is off. Hopefully this doesn't cause us to work Saturday.

Everyone stay safe out there today.

OperaHouse-755d893182dc4811b608eb1a99792fd7.jpg
Those "sails" are ~8" tiles of various shades of white/cream. I know since I went up & ran my hands over some.

Here you go... the start... Let's see where this leads.... It may be the straw...

It is California and nothing will come of it. Californians gave up freedom decades ago and taxing gun owners will be accepted like everything else is accepted in California. That is why we are seeing many California tags around here.

I see no hope whatsoever for the State of California. They voted for this. If I were a Californian I would have left a long time ago

Back in the 50's a boy would work on his car all night, take it to the drag strip and blow out the engine then start all over. We didn't have time for drugs or gangs when you had to get your flat head V-8 ready to roll.
My oldest son did that as little as 22 years ago (more or less) in Cherokee County (Georgia).
He had a Honda that he 'souped up' with a nitrous oxide kit. They would go out on lonely country, N. Georgia roads.
Stupid. At least he, or any of his friends, didn't get killed.

But, as you said, it kept him out of trouble (since he never got caught).

It is California and nothing will come of it. Californians gave up freedom decades ago and taxing gun owners will be accepted like everything else is accepted in California. That is why we are seeing many California tags around here.

I see no hope whatsoever for the State of California. They voted for this. If I were a Californian I would have left a long time ago

The issue being the scabs trying to use convoluted case law. Communists are well versed in using "case" law to implement agenda's..... It is the fight that matters as the willing will go forward as if it's settled. It very well may become the straw...

My oldest son did that as little as 22 years ago (more or less) in Cherokee County (Georgia).
He had a Honda that he 'souped up' with a nitrous oxide kit. They would go out on lonely country, N. Georgia roads.
Stupid. At least he, or any of his friends, didn't get killed.

But, as you said, it kept him out of trouble (since he never got caught).
The North Georgia mountains were made for a 5 speed manual transmission. When we lived in Cumming my wife would run those roads like Bill Elliot must have back in the day.

Morning folks. It is a cloudy, humid 78.3°F. 78 is to be the high. Hopefully we will get some rain.

Happy Belated Birthday Cordmaker.

I had North Carolina company Tuesday and Wednesday. He is a wonderful fellow native to Jordan. He was Eastern Orthodox and basically his family was coerced to leave as 95% of Jordan is Muslim and they don't treat others well. He had very few options in his homeland. He now has a Ph.D.. His brother also has a Ph.D. and teaches at UNC Chapel Hill. These stupid countries run off the brains.

Here you go... the start... Let's see where this leads.... It may be the straw...

This is a great idea because now they'll know which criminals have guns and how many. I'm sure the illegal gun owners will pay their fair share. They'll probably get a big group of formerly 2 gendered people to go door to door in LA counting guns and collecting taxes.

I can see this being a great new show. They'll call it "CROPS"

500906efcd9d6d8cbc1c91e331b0e37a.jpg

"Bad 'roids bad 'roids, whatcha gonna do... when they point illegal guns at you!?"

This is a great idea because now they'll know which criminals have guns and how many. I'm sure the illegal gun owners will pay their fair share. They'll probably get a big group of formerly 2 gendered people to go door to door in LA counting guns and collecting taxes.

I can see this being a great new show. They'll call it "CROPS"

500906efcd9d6d8cbc1c91e331b0e37a.jpg

"Bad 'roids bad 'roids, whatcha gonna do... when they point illegal guns at you!?"

Could have went all day without seeing that....

Walls Can Fall.... Possum Style...

No your limits when drinking wine.

Man, I rarely if ever drink wine. Just doesn't seem to agree with me. That stated, I have had a cold or the flu for a week or more now and am just feeling better. It is time to down a few Yuengling's this day and beyond as I am off until Tuesday. My children and Grandchildren here are supposed to come over Sunday to barbecue. They may sneak off to see some fireworks, me and my darling will "sneak" off somewhere else.) I think my Darlings plan tomorrow is to head to the Commissary on Fort Belvoir to pickup some chuck eye steaks to add to what we already have. I am thankful!

They come down here and act stupid. Please you look like a fool. Breathe the air.

206196946_4287148281349327_2589367694492401487_n.jpg

Oh HAHA.... How stupid can you get. I hope she is doing that to block sun but she IS breathing the air...Face and neck may look real stupid later if that is what she is doing.... 🤣

I remember YEARS ago when my family and I were on the beach at dauphin island I laid out in the sun for a couple hours without sun screen. My kids then in their pre-teen years called me Big Red... ;)

Last edited:
Man, I rarely if ever drink wine. Just doesn't seem to agree with me. That stated, I have had a cold or the flu for a week or more now and am just feeling better. It is time to down a few Yuengling's this day and beyond as I am off until Tuesday. My children and Grandchildren here are supposed to come over Sunday to barbecue. They may sneak off to see some fireworks, me and my darling will "sneak" off somewhere else.) I think my Darlings plan tomorrow is to head to the Commissary on Fort Belvoir to pickup some chuck eye steaks to add to what we already have. I am thankful!
Never been a big wine or mixed drink guy. Some taste SO good that I can see where it would be easy to become a drunk/bum. Remember the days when I was little going to church on Sunday morning....going thru a section of town that wasn't real bad, but not too good....there would be 1 or 2 drunks laying on the sidewalk almost every week.

BTW...Kroger's (I think), in my area, has Yuengling on sale this week...24 pack...cans...19.95 with a 5.00 mail-in rebate. Final price is pretty cheap

Don't want to get my hopes up but that would be great!!!! Trying to get excited about basketball again. I can't wait for football!!!!
Hate to say it, but after all the BLM last year by both football and basketball....I'm not excited at all.
Doubt if I ever will be again. But....'ever' is a long time....could change, but it will take a lot of time and other things.

I am sure some of you got this email from UK today. As I read it $20 handshakes are still frowned upon. I would suggest the athletes receiving compensation find a good tax attorney. The IRS will probably set up an office in some of the schools. Schools with deep pockets.

Dear Donors and Friends of UK Athletics,

As many of you have probably seen in the news, Governor Beshear issued an executive order, effective July 1, 2021, that will allow student-athletes at any Kentucky institution to use their name, image, or likeness for purposes of compensation.

Linked here is the University of Kentucky Athletics Name, Image & Likeness (NIL) Policy and FAQ for Student-Athletes. Please take a few minutes to review these documents. While the full policy and FAQ are linked above, here are some key highlights which may most affect you:

1) A student-athlete (SA) must disclose any proposed contract or agreement between a SA and third party seven (7) days prior to the proposed activity to the Athletics Compliance Office (ACO). Until the ACO reviews and approves, the student-athlete may not engage in the proposed activity. In the event the ACO does not approve, the student-athlete may not undertake the proposed activity. Failure to disclose any contract or agreement may result in loss of eligibility, including suspension from team activities or competition, and/or additional NIL education or training;

2) SAs may not receive payments, provision, or promise of any other consideration or benefits by the university or by any booster or any other person or entity acting on behalf of the university; or in exchange or as an inducement for athletic performance or attendance at the university.

3) UK employees (including but not limited to athletics staff and coaches) are not permitted to provide or arrange for compensation to SAs for their NIL. Additionally, staff members are not permitted to put you in contact with a student-athlete for purposes of a NIL arrangement. Donors/fans are encouraged to use social media for purposes of contacting student-athletes.

4) SAs are not prohibited from entering into genuine NIL agreements with separate business entities that are operated by an individual who is also a booster, so long as the agreement is not a payment, provision, or promise of any other consideration or benefits by the university or by any representative of athletics interests or any person or entity acting on behalf of the university.

5) Prospects may not receive compensation from anyone in exchange for committing to or signing a scholarship with the University of Kentucky. This activity is considered an impermissible recruiting inducement, is a violation of NCAA rules and could cause competition ineligibility for the prospect. This activity could also affect your standing as a donor with the University of Kentucky.

Please contact myself or any member of the Athletic Compliance Office at (859) 257-8604 or compliance@uky.edu if you have any questions. You can also visit ukathletics.com/nil for additional information. We appreciate your attention to this matter.

Thank you,

Rachel Baker

Executive Associate AD Compliance

University of Kentucky Athletics

Never been a big wine or mixed drink guy. Some taste SO good that I can see where it would be easy to become a drunk/bum. Remember the days when I was little going to church on Sunday morning....going thru a section of town that wasn't real bad, but not too good....there would be 1 or 2 drunks laying on the sidewalk almost every week.

BTW...Kroger's (I think), in my area, has Yuengling on sale this week...24 pack...cans...19.95 with a 5.00 mail-in rebate. Final price is pretty cheap

Hate to say it, but after all the BLM last year by both football and basketball....I'm not excited at all.
Doubt if I ever will be again. But....'ever' is a long time....could change, but it will take a lot of time and other things.
Totally agree with you on this OC, if they leave all that schiff out of it I think things will change!!!

I get 24 Yuengling bottles here for $15.98 I will drink canned but much rather prefer bottles.

I think that could be successfully challenged as infringing on 2nd A. JMO.

Beer fills me up too much anymore to get a buzz. Wine doesn't plus I like the variety of tastes. I limit myself to a bottle/evening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT