ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 73°F and cloudy. Looking at 91°F for today's high with a slight chance for showers. Good stuff.

Happy Hump Day.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

105915790_3212023482191619_7369678327699830689_n.jpg
Heh, heh, heh, something I can't eat unless it hits me in the mouth.

A cloudy, wet, stormy morning in the Buckeye State. I see another batch of storms coming in as well. It's a muggy low 70s now with the high projected to only get to the low 80s. As Austin says....I'll take it. Last few days with the heat has been brutal. Heat index up to about 100. Still got some outside work done....started really early and would knock off about noon.
We need the rain. The good thing with the heat and lack of rain....the grass growing has slowed down, which means less work (mowing) for me.

Y'all have a good day.

Good morning D, read Jeremiah 30, with coffee and a good Gala apple with peanut butter!!! Just kidding, coffee was good!!!

Not a very good weather forecaster. We were on the deck watching the clouds build up, so I came in to see where the plane was and look at the radar to see if we were going to get some rain. I go back out and tell Mrs. M it looks like it going around us! Then we proceed to get .7" of rain in about 45 minutes, then she says, boy you got that wrong!!!!! Temps went from 102 down to 71 this morning!!!

Well D, I joined an elite club today, I turned 70 today!!!! Another great American is 70 today, Tubby!!

Thanks again for your Prayers for the safety of the plane bringing her home and Prayers for the D!!!!

Good morning D, read Jeremiah 30, with coffee and a good Gala apple with peanut butter!!! Just kidding, coffee was good!!!

Not a very good weather forecaster. We were on the deck watching the clouds build up, so I came in to see where the plane was and look at the radar to see if we were going to get some rain. I go back out and tell Mrs. M it looks like it going around us! Then we proceed to get .7" of rain in about 45 minutes, then she says, boy you got that wrong!!!!! Temps went from 102 down to 71 this morning!!!

Well D, I joined an elite club today, I turned 70 today!!!! Another great American is 70 today, Tubby!!

Thanks again for your Prayers for the safety of the plane bringing her home and Prayers for the D!!!!
Happy Birthday cord. You seem like a good, good man.

Good morning D-League. Happy birthday Cord.

And happy birthday to Tubby.

I hope the D-League won't mind a short recollection about Tubby. I never got to spend that much time around the Kentucky basketball teams, but I did manage to use a White House pass I had back in the day to attend all three ceremonies when the Cats won championships in 96, 98 and 12 and came to meet the president. Usually, the coach and players hustle away after brief remarks by the president and the coach, and the gift of a team jersey and so forth. But in 1998, Tubby and the players lingered to see some of the White House, and I got a chance to chat with him. He really impressed me. Just a terrific guy. I told him my father was a big fan and he asked me what my dad did. I remember Tubby had brought his mother and father up to be with him at the ceremony. What a proud day that must have been for them. I'm glad the man had that moment.

Good morning D League

We are expecting a little rain this afternoon, 80% chance. We had a good one last night as we went to bed. Our temperature at this moment is 72° with Winds East at 6 mph. Our high will hit 83° as the rains roll in this afternoon. Winds are expected to pick up which keeps things nice and cool.

They are giving a local economic report on the radio and most of the counties in the area did better during the pandemic than normal. I guess a lot of Northerners came down because their states were locked down. The increase was done without visitors from Europe since they couldn't travel either.

Send a boy from Perry to clear your land and you get this. Photo below.

I read Jeremiah 30 with my coffee and I wish all a great day.

enhance

Good morning D League

We are expecting a little rain this afternoon, 80% chance. We had a good one last night as we went to bed. Our temperature at this moment is 72° with Winds East at 6 mph. Our high will hit 83° as the rains roll in this afternoon. Winds are expected to pick up which keeps things nice and cool.

They are giving a local economic report on the radio and most of the counties in the area did better during the pandemic than normal. I guess a lot of Northerners came down because their states were locked down. The increase was done without visitors from Europe since they couldn't travel either.

Send a boy from Perry to clear your land and you get this. Photo below.

I read Jeremiah 30 with my coffee and I wish all a great day.

enhance
Man I bet that's a jar when you come down! My back aches just thinking about it.
Reminds me...my daughter and her husband have three Jeeps...all new. They go to the Jeep Fest in Pickens County (N. Georgia where they live) every Labor Day weekend that the sheriff's department sponsors.
In addition to the grounds in the photo where they do the obstacle course type thing like the dozer....they also have Jeep 'runs' up and through the mountains on little one lane paths, through streams, etc.
You would have thought that old Dad would have taught her better than to take a brand new Jeep and do that. Told her that someday I'm going to open a car wash in Jasper and have the grand opening on Labor Day weekend.
jeepfestft.jpg

Much happiness on your Birthday Sir...

Man I bet that's a jar when you come down! My back aches just thinking about it.
Reminds me...my daughter and her husband have three Jeeps...all new. They go to the Jeep Fest in Pickens County (N. Georgia where they live) every Labor Day weekend that the sheriff's department sponsors.
In addition to the grounds in the photo where they do the obstacle course type thing like the dozer....they also have Jeep 'runs' up and through the mountains on little one lane paths, through streams, etc.
You would have thought that old Dad would have taught her better than to take a brand new Jeep and do that. Told her that someday I'm going to open a car wash in Jasper and have the grand opening on Labor Day weekend.
jeepfestft.jpg
I love it. Have them drive down to Perry, Florida and check out the Iron Horse Mud Ranch.

Happy Birthday. Here is a verse of Scripture to give you encouragement, lol.

"Each of us lives for 70 years— or even 80 if we are in good health. But the best of them bring trouble and misery. Indeed, they are soon gone, and we fly away." Ps 90:10

"Each of us lives for 70 years— or even 80 if we are in good health. But the best of them bring trouble and misery. Indeed, they are soon gone, and we fly away." Ps 90:10
Or maybe this one....

Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” (NASB) Genesis 6:3

But, would you really want to live to 120?

Well Chief, I may be in trouble!!! I got myself in trouble by cutting me a slice of that cake and now I am miserable. If yawl don't hear from me again, well!

Or maybe this one....

Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” (NASB) Genesis 6:3

NO!!!! At our age, I lose more friends than make new ones. The way the world is now, double NO!!

Or maybe this one....

Not the way today's America is going and it is only going to get worse. So no I would prefer to be with my Lord

Happy Birthday, Cord. Yes, I got back from Walt Disney World and Mickey Mouse is alive and well. They really teed me off, but what are you going to do? My computer finally was finished yesterday and picked it up. Lot of catching up to do.

Happy birthday, cordmaker!

Welcome back from the depths, Ben!

It's 90° and hoomid here, so I'm going to go outside to bake in it, or age like a fine cigar in a humidor.... not sure just yet about that last part. Too much to do and not enough time or energy.

Why does it not surprise me that mister nevada is a man? I'll be honest. I thought cali would be the first to open that packaged worm, but I think nevada- ne-vada -means no vajayjay in some language. IOW it was just a matter of time.

RIP Donald Rumsfeld.

As I got to know him a bit covering the Pentagon as a journalist I'll stick to what I knew of him as a man, not his policies: incredibly smart, energetic, patriotic and funny. I remember once on a long, grinding DOD trip, which I went along on as a pool reporter, after spending a grueling 18 hour day traveling from Turkmenistan to Kazahkstan to Kabul, he decided to push on to the Afghan city of Herat for a meeting with a Big Warlord -- and he flew the C-130 we were on the final leg! He would have been pushing 70 at the time. I was in my 40s and exhausted. Impressive.

acbe31d652ce7fd839cd46c2b2c43ef8.png

I just saw this Cord.....Happy Belated Birthday Sir!

It's a rainy night in the Buckeye State....that had more rhyme to it when I lived in Georgia.
Raining out with a high today of about 80. We got a few more things in the garden Monday, just before the rains came....so that was good timing.
So, with the rain, not much on the docket for today. May pick up a few things at Menards, but when I was there last week I noticed that the prices just keep going up and up.

Plan on leaving about 2 am CST on Saturday morning.
Sounds like you travel like me and my brother. Get up. Get on the road. Get out there before the traffic. Get out there before the heat.
On the other hand....some are like my other brother was/is....sleep in late. Get on the road about noon. Etc.
I'd rather get going....and get to where I'm going ASAP.

Y'all have a good day.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 73° and raining here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring more rain, possibly heavy at times and a high of 73°.

I arrive at work this morning to find out that the power is off. Hopefully this doesn't cause us to work Saturday.

Everyone stay safe out there today.

OperaHouse-755d893182dc4811b608eb1a99792fd7.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 74°F and partly cloudy. Today's high may reach around 93°F.

Must pack today for the trip back east. Driving straight to Middlesboro area this time. Plan on leaving about 2 am CST on Saturday morning.

Wishing happiness and health for all our fellow D-League members.

FoodHolidays-July-624x624.png

Oh, Snap!

p-gilligans-island-tina-louise.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT