ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

About this 1975 game, I knew if anyone would have it, it would be Mrs. M's nephew, he has it on VHS that was taped off of ESPN Classic
Cord -- He has the network feed of that 1975 UK-IU game? If so, that is a game changer. As I say, I've tried to find that game for years. If there is any way he could get that in teh hands of Ritchie Curtis, who Bert knows, that'd be huge.

Cord -- He has the network feed of that 1975 UK-IU game? If so, that is a game changer. As I say, I've tried to find that game for years. If there is any way he could get that in teh hands of Ritchie Curtis, who Bert knows, that'd be huge.
get that to BWO or me so I can upload it to YT for all UK fans’ viewing pleasure

Last edited:
Is this the way y'all do it up yonder. I like this idea and I will take mine extra rare. I want blood to run when I cut into it

160173820_10220888904706745_4192347080071474936_n.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry guys, just talked to him on the phone and he does not have it. He said he thinks his dad had it but after his dad passed don't know what happened to it. Will self ban because of false alarm
Ha..No need for a ban Cord. Thanks for following up. It's one of those elusive things like spotting Bigfoot or a UFO...I've heard several times through the years that someone had it, but every time I run it down, it vaporizes. The clue was ESPN Classic -- I knew a producer from there and he checked their library, all their sources. They never had it. Now that was 15-20 years ago, so it might have turned up.

Anyway, again, thanks for running down the lead.

Ha..No need for a ban Cord. Thanks for following up. It's one of those elusive things like spotting Bigfoot or a UFO...I've heard several times through the year that someone had it, but every time I run it down, it vaporizes. The clue was ESPN Classic -- I knew a producer from there and he checked their library, all their sources. They never had it. Now that was 15-20 years ago, so it might have turned up.

just wait, we’ll find a copy and as soon as we are about to watch it the earth will explode or some shit.

Ha..No need for a ban Cord. Thanks for following up. It's one of those elusive things like spotting Bigfoot or a UFO...I've heard several times through the years that someone had it, but every time I run it down, it vaporizes. The clue was ESPN Classic -- I knew a producer from there and he checked their library, all their sources. They never had it. Now that was 15-20 years ago, so it might have turned up.

55, my B-I-L had two boys and they were taught how to talk by saying KY basketball players names. He passed away doing what he loved to do best, play basketball. He was playing a pick up game at the Madisonville YMCA, he was running down the court, tripped and fell, he got up took one more step and was gone,50years old!!

55, my B-I-L had two boys and they were taught how to talk by saying KY basketball players names. He passed away doing what he loved to do best, play basketball. He was playing a pick up game at the Madisonville YMCA, he was running down the court, tripped and fell, he got up took one more step and was gone,50years old!!
Holy cow. I'm sorry to hear he went so young, Cord. My condolences to your family, his boys and you. As someone who loved playing ball until my knees wouldn't take it, I'll say this: He went in my second favorite way I can imagine, after Nelson Rockefeller...

@Bert Higginbotha do you know if richie curtis has the 1975 iu-kentucky elite 8 game?
He does. It is an old game film (16mm) with Cawood's call. Apparently NBC got rid of all the old tapes.

Year before last Ritchie was visiting and we called Joe B. and asked if he wanted a copy. Joe B. said that if he had that he would watch it ten time. Two weeks later I called him and he said he lied. He only watched it 6 time.

Ritchie has a vast list of UK game and I help him accumulate them. :cool:

Never met him, but in all my dealings with him, he's a gem. I'm one of those nerds who can't get through the summer without watching old games on TV -- especially with my son.
Sherry and Bert were in his wedding in Smiths Grove, KY.

Ritchie is my second son. I talked to him for two hours night before last. My wife made me hang up as she wanted to watch TV instead of listening to me and Ritchie.

Such is life.

Ritchie is my second son. I talked to him for two hours night before last. My wife made me hang up as she wanted to watch TV instead of listening to me and Ritchie.

Such is life.
Awesome gent. He still live in San Antonio area?

Maybe someone at the station made/kept a copy for their personal use.
In 1975 there were no video tape recorders available to the general public.

I bought an RCA vhs recorder in November 1977 (I still have it upstairs and it weighs a ton), I paid $1,300 in 1977 dollars. Sony had one a few months earlier and it would only record for 90 minutes; but in 1975 you would have had to pay a fortune for a commercial recorder and additionally you would have had to pay a fortune for the tape. When I first got my RCA VHS a two hour tape was $29.00 each.

You would have had to have a commercial video tape recorder in 1975 to capture it and only TV stations had them and a guy who worked at a TV station did not make enough money to buy one.

He does. It is an old game film (16mm) with Cawood's call. Apparently NBC got rid of all the old tapes.

Year before last Ritchie was visiting and we called Joe B. and asked if he wanted a copy. Joe B. said that if he had that he would watch it ten time. Two weeks later I called him and he said he lied. He only watched it 6 time.

Ritchie has a vast list of UK game and I help him accumulate them. :cool:
I have did my part too!

Such is life.
That's great to know Bert. I only know Ritchie through our emails and correspondence but he certainly seems like a great guy, and he has helped me put together a collection of game videos that gets me through the long summer months. Next time you chat tell him "Mike From Maryland" says hello if you think of it.

That's great to know Bert. I only know Ritchie through our emails and correspondence but he certainly seems like a great guy, and he has helped me put together a collection of game videos that gets me through the long summer months. Next time you chat tell him "Mike From Maryland" says hello if you think of it.
I will mention you and if he charges you too much just call me! 🤣

I probably should not let this out, but he is an ordained Baptist minister. He is not pushy but he is a fine minister. He is not full time, but he has some of his sermons on UTube for his church in San Antonio.

Spell out his name completely.

He is not hell fire and brimestone but a reasoned man. I love him.

Here is a picture of Ritchie, me, Ymmot, BKO, and Austin in my den on December 1, 2016. They got uglier and I got prettier.
164529573_3798136490301907_1429226706506017409_o.jpg

I probably should not let this out, but he is an ordained Baptist minister. He is not pushy but he is a fine minister. He is not full time, but he has some of his sermons on UTube for his church in San Antonio.

Here is a picture of Ritchie, me, Ymmot, BKO, and Austin in my den on December 1, 2016. They got uglier and I got prettier.
Man, that’s a Hall of Fame collection of worthy gentlemen and lady. Thanks for sharing Bert.

o_O

Wow! I'd forgotten all about this photo. What a true honor, privilege and pleasure meeting up with everybody. Unreal.

In 1975 there were no video tape recorders available to the general public.

I bought an RCA vhs recorder in November 1977 (I still have it upstairs and it weighs a ton), I paid $1,300 in 1977 dollars. Sony had one a few months earlier and it would only record for 90 minutes; but in 1975 you would have had to pay a fortune for a commercial recorder and additionally you would have had to pay a fortune for the tape. When I first got my RCA VHS a two hour tape was $29.00 each.

You would have had to have a commercial video tape recorder in 1975 to capture it and only TV stations had them and a guy who worked at a TV station did not make enough money to buy one.
I meant that maybe someone at a local station would have a copy that was made at the station. And you're right, someone who just worked at a station wouldn't have been able to afford one at the house.

My dad had one of these. It was in either an Admiral or Curtis Mathis, but that wasn't the name of the recorder. Looked it up and it was called Cartrivision. Only lasted a couple of years. He bought it in about '73 or '74 and as I recall it was a bear to operate. Quality wasn't very good and the recording time for a tape was only maybe an hour (or less). I think he only used it a few times. But that was my dad...he had a very high end movie camera and to my knowledge never got the film developed 😊
3050535-inline-i-4-how-cartrivision-foresaw-and-forfeited-the-time-shifted-future.jpg

Anybody know how @Bkocats is doing? Haven't seen her posting, unless I missed it, for about 3 months. Know that she had some tough times.

The weekend last year just before COVID shut everything down, my wife woke up Saturday morning at said, "Let's go to Philly for the day." It's only a little more than a two-hour drive for us. We ended up staying until Sunday. We had Cheese Steaks at both Pat's and Geno's, the two famous spots. I really like Philly. If you enjoy art at all, one place that's under-appreciated is the Barnes Gallery. Terrific impressionism collections.

My wife has a Dr. appointment in mid September, in Philly, and we are going to head up to Boston, and go up the coast to Maine, maybe onto Halifax, before returning home. When we go to Philly, we stay over by the convention center, and walk over to Macy's. I really enjoy hearing the Wannamaker Organ.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT