ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

0601170906-1.jpg

It is a well known fact that all refs and talking heads hate UK. But ... Fidel Castro too?
Oh yes, he would turn up the wattage and blast the stuffings out of poor little 50,000 watts WHAS. Then after about 15 minutes it would slowly come back, fading in and out. His station in Havana was also 840 on the dial. So instead of getting the action from Cawood, we got propaganda from the Commies . Cuba doesn't have to do that anymore because the propaganda is on the local college campus.

I’m off to the gym to lift some weights. Started working out again last week. Hadn’t lifted in about 15 years. LOL

They're heavier now than they used to be. Get rowdy.

I'm in the middle of this book and it's a real eye opener. Very disturbing. I hope to finish this book before my brother-in-law gets in for Christmas. He's a partner in a two lawyer firm in Maitland, Florida. I'll have plenty of questions for him.

20794195.jpg

I hear stories.

• An IDMO almost got me the other night. They can do some very stupid stuff. Ignored my blinker and came from a blind spot. Then horn-blowing contest. Sumbritch.

Had one on the way home from the play last Friday night. In the fast lane, behind a line of cars going about 75 in a 55. Dude gets up close behind me and then hits his bright lights and leaves them on. I suppose his plan was to do that to everyone in front of me until he could reach his preferred cruising speed of 77mph. I brake checked him down to 55 and then quickly accelerated back to the cars in front of me. Never saw him again. Bullying a bully is the quickest way to get rid of them.

Just wanted everyone to know I have yet to receive my truck and 3 cars. I'm starting to think Eville was kidding. FCC.

You discussed that yesterday. I feel you are expecting delivery a little too soon. If they're not there in the morning, let us know.

That sure was weird wasn't it. How does that happen?

NSA performed a data collection on the site and a glitch caused the avatars to be sucked in with every subversive thought you've expressed on Cat Paw. Nothing to see here.

Oh yes, he would turn up the wattage and blast the stuffings out of poor little 50,000 watts WHAS. Then after about 15 minutes it would slowly come back, fading in and out. His station in Havana was also 840 on the dial. So instead of getting the action from Cawood, we got propaganda from the Commies . Cuba doesn't have to do that anymore because the propaganda is on the local college campus.

Should have kept that rant going. I bet it was going to get real good after that last sentence.

This is the most profound song I've ever heard in my life. My parents had the original album with this song when I was just old enough to work the stereo. This song was part of the education I received as I was new to the world and a sponge for knowledge.

My father could be Roy's brother and no one would doubt the family resemblance. Maybe that's the reason I took to Roy at such an early age. Roy wasn't the most accomplished vocalist, but he was a virtuoso on the guitar and his vocals made you feel the emotion he was trying to convey. By every gauge I have, he was the consummate performer and I have never seen one thing to suggest he wasn't the consummate human.

I was with my father today and his mortality is becoming much more apparent to me. He's not as sharp as he was last year, or even earlier this year. He has a look in his eyes that I've never seen before and I can't quit fixating on it.

Unbeknownst to me he had them up his anti-depression meds. I want to go behind his back and have them removed and replaced with a placebo. I need to know if this is the way it is or if he is HIGH. So to speak.

I've had him taken off of several meds that would be appropriate for a guy of 50, but not a guy on dialysis at 87. If his meds are causing problems then I want them cancelled ASAP.

Something that each of you needs to know is that different doctors will give meds to cover their own ass. Gonna be tough in court to prove this guys medicine caused the problem or that guy's.

Anyway, here's the bottom line. At my fathers funeral, I intend to sing this song...

They're heavier now than they used to be. Get rowdy.

I hear stories.

Had one on the way home from the play last Friday night. In the fast lane, behind a line of cars going about 75 in a 55. Dude gets up close behind me and then hits his bright lights and leaves them on. I suppose his plan was to do that to everyone in front of me until he could reach his preferred cruising speed of 77mph. I brake checked him down to 55 and then quickly accelerated back to the cars in front of me. Never saw him again. Bullying a bully is the quickest way to get rid of them.

You discussed that yesterday. I feel you are expecting delivery a little too soon. If they're not there in the morning, let us know.

NSA performed a data collection on the site and a glitch caused the avatars to be sucked in with every subversive thought you've expressed on Cat Paw. Nothing to see here.

Should have kept that rant going. I bet it was going to get real good after that last sentence.

This is the most profound song I've ever heard in my life. My parents had the original album with this song when I was just old enough to work the stereo. This song was part of the education I received as I was new to the world and a sponge for knowledge.

My father could be Roy's brother and no one would doubt the family resemblance. Maybe that's the reason I took to Roy at such an early age. Roy wasn't the most accomplished vocalist, but he was a virtuoso on the guitar and his vocals made you feel the emotion he was trying to convey. By every gauge I have, he was the consummate performer and I have never seen one thing to suggest he wasn't the consummate human.

I was with my father today and his mortality is becoming much more apparent to me. He's not as sharp as he was last year, or even earlier this year. He has a look in his eyes that I've never seen before and I can't quit fixating on it.

Unbeknownst to me he had them up his anti-depression meds. I want to go behind his back and have them removed and replaced with a placebo. I need to know if this is the way it is or if he is HIGH. So to speak.

I've had him taken off of several meds that would be appropriate for a guy of 50, but not a guy on dialysis at 87. If his meds are causing problems then I want them cancelled ASAP.

Something that each of you needs to know is that different doctors will give meds to cover their own ass. Gonna be tough in court to prove this guys medicine caused the problem or that guy's.

Anyway, here's the bottom line. At my fathers funeral, I intend to sing this song...

I have said it before and I will say it again. You are one heck of a son. I know your father is proud of you and he is very fortunate to have you at this point in his life. God bless you and God bless your dad, ymmot31.

I have said it before and I will say it again. You are one heck of a son. I know your father is proud of you and he is very fortunate to have you at this point in his life. God bless you and God bless your dad, ymmot31.

Today I came up on him while he was talking to someone and he was telling him that I was the best driver that he had to deal with. Of course, he told the guy that he taught me how to drive. I told him that him "teaching me how to drive" was him telling me to push the clutch in as I turned the key. The rest I figured out as I went.

I try to drive him like he's a broken egg and I don't want any to spill. He's fragile and I respect that. I laughed today at the way I drove after I took him home. For one thing, the van drives differently without the extra 550 lbs of him and his chair. When he's on board I have less time to stop and it takes more time to accelerate. People who normally drive him don't know or don't care about those things. Both fall under the umbrella of "unawareness". Be aware! The world needs more wares!

I don't know how many of you know or care, but, the van is lowered 10 inches to accommodate the fold out ramp and to allow the use of a wheelchair within the van.

This means that the center of gravity is drastically lowered in this vehicle compared to others of its type.

To someone of my ilk. PARTY ON! When I'm alone, the van is fun! Keep in mind that this is a van and not my M3. But it's still fun! Fun because it's a van that hugs the road and allows for lots of fun at not too much speed. The M3 requires large amounts of " STUPID SPEED " to make it more fun than usual.

I don't know how many of you know or care, but, the van is lowered 10 inches to accommodate the fold out ramp and to allow the use of a wheelchair within the van.

This means that the center of gravity is drastically lowered in this vehicle compared to others of its type.

To someone of my ilk. PARTY ON! When I'm alone, the van is fun! Keep in mind that this is a van and not my M3. But it's still fun! Fun because it's a van that hugs the road and allows for lots of fun at not too much speed. The M3 requires large amounts of " STUPID SPEED " to make it more fun than usual.
You're a good man ymmot!

Good morning D-League from The Nature Coast.

Currently 50°F and a high forecast of 70°F. Rain is expected this afternoon with another cold front coming in dropping temperatures to the 40's. We have had FIVE cold snaps so far and it is not even January,

I am looking forward to football signings. We are in with some excellent high school players and I hope things break our way. Georgia and Florida can't sign them all.

I have Christmas shopping pretty much finished now but there may be something late come up. So I am ready for that. Every year we say we are going to downsize Christmas spending and we have to a degree, but it is not easy. Most importantly I like to keep my eye on why we are celebrating this special day.

I have same ham hocks in a big ole pot and the beans have soaked enough so I am headed to the kitchen to throw them in. Got some thick pork chops to go with them. My wife will make her Kentucky cornbread. Nobody does it better than a Kentuckian.

Trust all are well and will check in during the day.

You da man, PARTY ON

Hello all, Cool and cloudy morning in Beautiful SWFL. We currently have The City Of Palms Classic going on here. It's a high school basketball tourney that has some of the best teams/ players in the nation. Watched Duke signee Vernon Carey Jr. play last night, what a load he is!

Also saw Ky coach Barbee at the game, guess he was watching Scotty Barnes, Carey's teammate who is a junior, he too is a great player.

This tourney in 2015 had 9 first round NBA picks play in it, including our own Bam Adebayo. That tourney also had Lonzo Ball, Jayson Tatum, etc. The tourney last all week and the championship is Saturday night.

Getting ready here for an invasion of holiday visitors that are using Christmas as an excuse to come here and thaw out....lol.

Guess I will be heading out to Arizona in late January to help the son and daughter in law to get settled in the house they bought. I'm a good straw boss! Y'all have a good day, will check in later

Yeah...I'm not sure what's going on? I specifically told the driver to take a left turn at Albuquerque!
I'll get back with you...
That will work. Take a right in Socorro (US 60W) and follow to Tempe. I-40 is boring, US 60 is not. If it's not snowing take 260 out of Springerville to Show Low (scenic route) then jump back on 60W.

Last edited:
Great morning D! I don't go back to work til Wednesday! (woop woop)
Worked 12 hrs yesterday tho... came home to some dram-a. Apparently #3 and his girlfriend are breaking up. Her idea, I think he's fine with it. They've been together for at least 3,maybe 4 years. She was/is a nice girl, hate to see her not around. Just one of those things....time to move on.
Not much planned on my time off. Gotta hit up the grocery store & buy some 'gredients to make more cookies & stuff. Eggnog & alkyhol are on the list. Time to get in the spirit of Christmas.
I also have to do some first minute Christmas shopping. Which is basically turning $ into gift cards.
It's amazing how good coffee tastes when you don't have to go to work.
I'll be back.

Future City, New Jersey...right FCC?

Hey to funky, Merry Christmas.

Eville, it's not that I'm not grateful, but that left turn at Alby should have been a hard right, east my man, easterly. Starchief got my vehicles....all 4 of "em. And just between you and me, I think he unloaded them....not sure why he would do that. But I'm sure he had good intentions, but, uh, them 4 need to be loaded back up. I'm thinking that's where you come back in and tell him those are mine. Crap, what was he thinking. Again, don't say anything about him unloading them. Maybe he just got mixed up. FCC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT