ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Morning D-Leaguers. Here is the once hated........................... Harrison is my cousin.

the_war_of_1812.jpg

I would like to thank Bert for posting the pic. In case anyone did not know, Bert is the one on the left holding the pike and screaming "get back you mangy cur".

Should you be interested he will be at the DL gift shop tomorrow signing authentic Xerox copies of the pic.

Morning D-Leaguers. Here is the once hated weather report from Smiths Grove, KY. It is 68.0 degrees F and a whopping 92% humidity. The sun is shining in a clear sky.

and before someone beats me to it; the next page will be 1812. The year that the second war of Independence started and did not end until 1814. 2/3rds of the U.S. losses were men from Kentucky. The great heros, in my book, to come out of that war were Andrew Jackson and Benjamin Harrison. Both became presidents. Harrison is my cousin.

the_war_of_1812.jpg

First cousin?

[laughing]
hehe sorry, hon, couldn't resist

Morning D-Leaguers. Here is the once hated weather report from Smiths Grove, KY. It is 68.0 degrees F and a whopping 92% humidity. The sun is shining in a clear sky.

and before someone beats me to it; the next page will be 1812. The year that the second war of Independence started and did not end until 1814. 2/3rds of the U.S. losses were men from Kentucky. The great heros, in my book, to come out of that war were Andrew Jackson and Benjamin Harrison. Both became presidents. Harrison is my cousin.

the_war_of_1812.jpg
You're older than I thought, Bert. Your mind still seems to be clear at your age, though.......

"Mandatory" orders can't be far away Doctor. It might be the only way to compel this man to rest. So, what say ye Dr. caftan? FCC.

You are correct sir. And should the patient continue to ignore the Dr., then that will leave the Dr. no choice but to discuss the patients current condition with the QB. At which time the Dr. is sure that will result with the patient ending up as a thumb sucking sniffling mess in the corner.

Last edited:
You are correct sir. And should the patient continue to ignore the Dr., then that will leave the Dr. no choice but to discuss the patients current condition with the QB. At which time the Dr. is sure that will result with the patient ending up as a thumb sucking sniffling mess in the corner.

Too, a thumb sucking sniffling mess in the corner is near, as is a consult with one QB. FCC.

Good afternoon, I've been a little busy today. Made pizza dough for pizza tomorrow night. Used a combination of several different recipes for the amount of flour and water, salt and yeast. First time using 00 flour, might be imagination but the dough was different than any I've made before for anything. It's gonna hang out in the fridge until tomorrow and do its thing. Sauce was two days ago and is also hanging out. Tasted it a bit ago and it's better than when I made it. :pizza:[cheers]

Wife sent me a text today and now it looks like I'll be going to the football game Saturday. Don't know where we're sitting yet but I doubt we'll have trouble upgrading seats regardless of where they are. I wasn't going to go this year, but she wants to. We'll have a good time win or lose. (bullshit)

I am not ignoring you guys, but I fired one this week and 2 have been out sick. We go almost 7/24 around here. It's just Eleanor and me this afternoon. I have to stay with her until one of the 3rd shift guys comes in. I wouldn't think of leaving her here by herself. That is just not an option. QB's back is out also, so she and I are in a Hell of a mess. I'll be sore for a couple of weeks. I have been dealing with this shit for about 30 years. I'll be okay. Maybe I can take off a little early tomorrow.

Wife sent me a text today and now it looks like I'll be going to the football game Saturday. Don't know where we're sitting yet but I doubt we'll have trouble upgrading seats regardless of where they are. I wasn't going to go this year, but she wants to. We'll have a good time win or lose. (bullshit)

Looking forward to your report.

A thousands pardons Doc. Uh, just trying to help motivate the high Doctor into healing his patient. Better go back to the consult with QB. This patient needs your help Doc. And patient compliance might just be the problem. FCC.

That's ok. I'll let it slide this time. Don't worry, I'll get through to him even if I have to drive to ATL, go to the office, hit him in the head with a rubber mallet, throw him into the back of the pickup, drive him to the house, unload him, give the QB a giant bottle of Xanax to keep him plied with, then kiss the QB on the cheek and give her high praise for putting up with the ole hard headed Ky. boy all these years, then drive home.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT