ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

still up, should be asleep, lol
frustrated with this elink bus schedule thing - following the directions, putting the user ID in as directed and it says user id/password not found. There is no other way to get the bus schedule so I'm not sure of the bus number OR the time for pickup in the morning.

Crazy Train.

Back in the old days I had worked hard all day and into the night. I finished up about 0300 and headed to mi casa when I can upon this breakfast spot. I sat down and ordered my favorite. 2 OM with crisp bacon, hash browns and buttered toast. I wolfed it down pretty fast and said to cook "Would you make the same thing again. I'm still hungry." It wasn't quite as good the second time, but I ate it again.

still up, should be asleep, lol
frustrated with this elink bus schedule thing - following the directions, putting the user ID in as directed and it says user id/password not found. There is no other way to get the bus schedule so I'm not sure of the bus number OR the time for pickup in the morning.
I rode a school bus when I was 6 years old.

Been sitting here for the last two hours listening to classic rock on cable. Made some adjustments to the stereo for listening in the two channel mode which I never do. Should sound better for everything now. At least for me in my seat. Wife won't know or care. Sound for her is either loud or not loud. It it's music she likes, classic rock, it's never too loud. If it's music she doesn't like, classical, anything audible is too loud.

Been sitting here for the last two hours listening to classic rock on cable. Made some adjustments to the stereo for listening in the two channel mode which I never do. Should sound better for everything now. At least for me in my seat. Wife won't know or care. Sound for her is either loud or not loud. It it's music she likes, classic rock, it's never too loud. If it's music she doesn't like, classical, anything audible is too loud.
I'm listening to the same thing on Sirius Channel 25.

images

Thanks to Austin we had brats tonight. Wrapped them with bacon too to make sure the fat content was sufficient. Made french fries too. She doesn't like the skin left on. I don't care one way or the other, but if it means I have to peel potatoes, then the skin stays on. I separate them after they're cooked. We both end up with about the same amount.

I miss some mutton from old hickory in Owensboro. I can do moonlight BBQ as well. All you can eat and rhubarb pie.

I miss pattys place by the lake. Is it still around?

Love me some Ferrells burgers in hopown and Cadiz
I could use a Ferrells burger or Pattis pork chop. We used to get bbq from a place in Crofton. Probably causes that's where dad had to go to get beer.

Up and at em! Rise and shine!
Mornin ! Been up about an hour myself :)
Have an excited 6th grader this morning. He's very nervous, but, thankfully, seems ready. Had his breakfast: eggs, bacon, toast and milk, is dressed (and wearing deodorant,was informed this was very important for a middle-schooler); his lunch is made and in his backpack and he's now sitting down to watch a little something fun on tv for about 20 minutes before it's time to brush teeth and head outside for the bus.
His momma has had one very nice mug of coffee, and can't stop smiling at her son's excitement. Wonder if he'll still be this easy to get ready this time next week? [laughing]

Do him a favor and reap the benefits. Next week, he will be cooking bacon, eggs, and toast for you while he makes you a mug of coffee. He will have watched the news and weather for the day and give you a full run down after he has made his lunch for the day and brushed his teeth.

I know what you're thinking, and I agree, even as good as bacon and eggs are for breakfast sometimes you just gotta have pancakes. He can learn those too.

Today in Johns Creek two robbers entered a home and pistol-whipped the man and woman and stole both of their cars. I am not the one that you would want to rob.

If I have a chance to reach one of my pistols the odds are that I will not be robbed. However, I am old and a lot slower than a young person. The beauty of a .44 mag is they loved to go through a wall.

I have never shot a .44 mag in a house. I wonder how long it would be to get your hearing back?

ended up having to take the son to school - the bus time was never posted on elink, so we went out at 7:45. By 8:15 I was getting nervous, so drove him. Called the transportation dept; their mistake - bus pick up is 7:35 am. No biggie, was kind of glad I got to take him today, for first day

@ymmot31 - LOL no pancakes for this kid, he doesn't like 'em. But he can already make my coffee :)

If I have a chance to reach one of my pistols the odds are that I will not be robbed. However, I am old and a lot slower than a young person. The beauty of a .44 mag is they loved to go through a wall.

I have never shot a .44 mag in a house. I wonder how long it would be to get your hearing back?
Those things are very P-O-W-E-R-F-U-L. Don't for get that you can put regular ammunition in that thing.

Ok, here we go to get his car. Fingers crossed, I've put myself in a position here. My sister and bil will put blame on me for anything that ever goes wrong with that car. Probably blame me when it runs out of gas and all things in between. Oh well, better than the truck his father helped him get. Not as good as the truck my father bought him when he was 16 though. That's a story for another day.

Science Break:

Meet the new neighbors. While being adrift in the vast cosmic wilderness most of their lifetimes, two dwarf galaxies have apparently decided to join our local group of galaxies. Named Pisces A and Pisces B, they were wandering in the intergalactic void, or vast empty space, without the dust and gas necessary to build stars. But with gravity pulling them toward our group, the two dwarf galaxies have come to life with new star birth.
hubble-dwarf-galaxy-pisces-b.jpg

This image taken by Hubble of Pisces B shows the dwarf galaxy. A faint cluster of blue stars surrounded by distant, brighter galaxies.

Pisces A and Pisces B were spotted at the boundary of the Local Void, an empty section of space about 150 million light-years across. This void sits just outside the Local Group, where dozens of galaxies including our Milky Way reside.
hubble-dwarf-galaxy-pisces-a.jpg

Image of Pisces A taken by Hubble.

• Good Morning, DLers.
  • 77º in Johns Creek. A few clouds to the East. VFR. We had 2.5 inches yesterday according to the trusty rain gauge.
  • Blood Sugar = 80. Weight = 225.
  • Sugar laying in a patch of sunlight. That won't last.
  • 1st day of school is always a big day.
  • Fish fed. Pond skimmed. It is quite full.
  • The zoysia looks like a golf green. The lawn service has done their deal. They do a very good job.
  • Hump day already for most.
  • Slept pretty well last night. I was exhausted.
  • That is all.

Home again. The car is his. Dude tried to pull a fast one on him while I was outside. Said he owed him an extra $150 for tax and title. I went and gave dude a run down of how things happened and the different prices he had quoted, including the exact time and location of our convo on the final price of that particular car.

What happened was he had to fix an ABS sensor before we would take the car and he was trying to recoup his expense. He said there must have been a misunderstanding. I told him I didn't misunderstand tax and title included.

Home again. The car is his. Dude tried to pull a fast one on him while I was outside. Said he owed him an extra $150 for tax and title. I went and gave dude a run down of how things happened and the different prices he had quoted, including the exact time and location of our convo on the final price of that particular car.

What happened was he had to fix an ABS sensor before we would take the car and he was trying to recoup his expense. He said there must have been a misunderstanding. I told him I didn't misunderstand tax and title included.

LOL love how some will do that with someone they think doesn't know better. I've had it happen to me on a few occasions - usually, and I hate to say it, by an auto tech. Really enjoy the looks on their faces when I prove I know more than I think they do.

Lunch = my favorite time of the day when I can stuff myself silly.

Life is good.
I just had a sancwich. 1/4lb of roast beef, two slices American cheese, two slices of tomato, Dukes mayo, on white bread. I could have got all pretentious and put some lettuce on there, but it was more of utilitarian effort.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT