ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Ymmot, I smoked seven racks of baby backs yesterday. I should have gotten the rib racks out, but I did not. It worked out. They were very good. Finished them with butter and brown sugar. It was hard to do with all of those ribs. That is the most that I have ever done at one time. My fire was perfect. $100 worth.
Don't you have a large? Did you turn them on their sides? Wrap them in foil? How long was your total cook?

Makes me want to go get a couple of racks for us to have tonight. I want to try out my new charcoal basket and ribs would be a great reward when I'm through. Some taters and cotc might be in order as well.

Don't you have a large? Did you turn them on their sides? Wrap them in foil? How long was your total cook?

Makes me want to go get a couple of racks for us to have tonight. I want to try out my new charcoal basket and ribs would be a great reward when I'm through. Some taters and cotc might be in order as well.
Yes, it is a large egg. That's what I was saying. I did not cook them in a rib rack. No foil. About 4.5 including the finish time of a half hour. They were greaaaatttttte.

Last edited:
Just finished the dishes from the weekend. For only being two people we go through a lot of dishes on the weekend. It's worth it though, that's when she cooks. I don't mind washing dishes, it's cathartic and a great time for contemplation. Crank up the tunes in the living room, pour a couple fingers of bourbon, viola, it's a dish party.

Just finished the dishes from the weekend. For only being two people we go through a lot of dishes on the weekend. It's worth it though, that's when she cooks. I don't mind washing dishes, it's cathartic and a great time for contemplation. Crank up the tunes in the living room, pour a couple fingers of bourbon, viola, it's a dish party.
Heck, y'all eat like Queens and Kings around there.

[laughing] I didn't have ribs yesterday. Just chicken and dumplings, green beans with ham hock, homemade yeast rolls, and about 2 or 5 brownies she made later. You eat better than I do.
Doubt it. C&Ds. yum yum. The last fabulous C&Ds I had were made by my mother. Until she was not able to cook any longer she would make anything that I asked for. She was a great cook too.

The old iron man just got home. 73 years old and working like a Turk. Six days a week. Tired as ****. Handled the Section 8 guy tonight. Listened to his side and then told him how far off base he was. I said basically "Do it my way or hit the road." If 6 days a week is stressing you out, work 5. He began his side by seeming like a Section 8, but I have determined that that is all an act of his. Act right or hit the road. We do not need that stuff in here. He even had the nerve to ask me for a raise. If you can't live on what I am paying you, hit the road. It was a productive meeting. I hired him to help a man that has worked for me for 30 years. Now he knows more than my guy and wants to be his boss. Do what he says or hit the road. That was all.

Mornin D
Happy Tuesday; it's taco night - going to make regular and shrimp tacos. Good eatin
Leaving here soon to pick up some paperwork for school at Dr. Office, then drop at school, then take youngest for a hair-cut, then go to the grocery. Jamie starts middle school tomorrow - and he's pretty scared. Big change for him (and he doesn't adapt well to change, usually) so I'm going to keep him busy today so he doesn't dwell too much. Have a feeling it's going to be a difficult time getting him to go to sleep tonight
Hope all are well today

• Good Morning, y'all.
  • 73º in Johns Creek. VFR. Visibility about 20 miles.
  • Blood Sugar = 92. Weight = 227.
  • iHeart behavin'. Tom Leach going.
  • Are you ready for some football? I hope we're better. I'm excited. Can't help it.
  • Alex Poythress in the D-League at Ft. Wayne. Good for him if that's what he wants.
  • Fish waiting.
  • That's it.

I'm always going to be optimistic about UK football, until I have reason not to be - so I'm excited about it, hoping that the reports are proving accurate
AP is going to be fine regardless; he'll make some money this year - he's a smart guy with a degree in finance (I think, or something similar?), so he'll be smart with the money, do some investing. He's in a better place than most players who are borderline as he is, IMO

I think indiana is a great place for Poythress. He'll stick around. Idk what he'll be exactly, but he'll be around. If he wants to. I guess that is the question. How bad does he want it.

I like Indianapolis because it's close enough to run up wkd catch some cats vs Pacers games.

Louisville the city is stupid for not pursuing an nba team if they have the structure in place to do that. That's a no brainer. I hope it happens, or Cincinatti just gets one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT