ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

QB and I are both from Paducah. A great little river town. It was like American Graffiti when we were growing up. Good people. FCC lives there. QB was born at Riverside Hospital. It's gone now. I have several relatives that live there and in Lovelaceville. Starnes Barbeque. I remember when that deal started. About 1956. Glen Ed Shaw and Leeman Bennett. They both played at UK. Ralph McRight was the coach. He played at Alabama with Bear Bryant. You are lucky.

I grew up about 2 miles from Lovelaceville on the Carlisle County side. Go through there on the reg. Have some clients down in Cunningham & Bardwell and all my family is still down there. We're the hipsters living in the big city. [winking]

I grew up about 2 miles from Lovelaceville on the Carlisle County side. Go through there on the reg. Have some clients down in Cunningham & Bardwell and all my family is still down there. We're the hipsters living in the big city. [winking]
Gold & White. M.K. Turk. He could shoot the shit out of it. He was head coach at Southern Mississippi University from 1976-1996. He died in 2013. He was a legend. He was from Bardwell.

Last edited:
I know it's not a train, but......
2944089-1565_Malta.jpg

Good morning gents and lady. The talk about the old WW2 vets interests me. Among my friends is a 98 year old ex sailor who was on a tin can in the Pacific during the battle of Leyete Gulf. He was in a gun tub up by the bridge when the planes came in. He had exhausted his twenty mil ammo and says he could see the pilots face in the plane that eventually crashed into the gun tub below him.

He gets to be The Grand Marshall in the parade coming up for the second time. He has a grandson that takes him to the Legion for a cold one and he still has a shot of whiskey with me at times. He does complain though because he can't see and hear as good as he used to. I tell him I feel bad for him and he gets a laugh out of that.

What Was the Jonestown Massacre?
The Jonestown Massacre, which had a death toll of 918 people, was the most deadly single non-natural disaster in U.S. history until September 11, 2001. The Jonestown Massacre also remains the only time in history in which a U.S. congressman was killed in the line of duty.

Date: November 18, 1978

I have watched this story for the past 2 hours. It is the damnedest story. How could this have happened?

Good morning gents and lady. The talk about the old WW2 vets interests me. Among my friends is a 98 year old ex sailor who was on a tin can in the Pacific during the battle of Leyete Gulf. He was in a gun tub up by the bridge when the planes came in. He had exhausted his twenty mil ammo and says he could see the pilots face in the plane that eventually crashed into the gun tub below him.

He gets to be The Grand Marshall in the parade coming up for the second time. He has a grandson that takes him to the Legion for a cold one and he still has a shot of whiskey with me at times. He does complain though because he can't see and hear as good as he used to. I tell him I feel bad for him and he gets a laugh out of that.
good stuff Fred

What Was the Jonestown Massacre?
The Jonestown Massacre, which had a death toll of 918 people, was the most deadly single non-natural disaster in U.S. history until September 11, 2001. The Jonestown Massacre also remains the only time in history in which a U.S. congressman was killed in the line of duty.

Date: November 18, 1978

I have watched this story for the past 2 hours. It is the damnedest story. How could this have happened?
that has always fascinated me; Jim Jones was a scary man - a charismatic along the lines of Hitler and Manson. Started off very benign and was able to brainwash his followers.

--Picked up a Ringo Starr & His All Star Band ticket this morning, will be able to say I've seen at least half the Beatles.
--Bought Supertramp's back music library over the weekend, always like hearing "new" music from one of my old favorites.
--Put down 30 bags of black mulch yesterday....probably 90 more bats to go before completely finished. And, yes, my back hurts.
--Found 2 more bottles of Stagg Jr. the last week, stockpiling as best as I can afford it.
--One of my daughters works at a local Barnes and Noble, Buzz Aldrin did a book signing at her store and she scored me an autographed copy. I'm going to simply assume that some of the moon dust made it's way to book....
--Hillary and Bernie both in my old hometown of Hopkinsville during the past 24 hours, supposedly. Don't let the screen door hit you on the way.....
--Bko...you post in a Facebook group I'm in, usually my Catspause and Facebook postings don't intersect.

--Picked up a Ringo Starr & His All Star Band ticket this morning, will be able to say I've seen at least half the Beatles.
--Bought Supertramp's back music library over the weekend, always like hearing "new" music from one of my old favorites.
--Put down 30 bags of black mulch yesterday....probably 90 more bats to go before completely finished. And, yes, my back hurts.
--Found 2 more bottles of Stagg Jr. the last week, stockpiling as best as I can afford it.
--One of my daughters works at a local Barnes and Noble, Buzz Aldrin did a book signing at her store and she scored me an autographed copy. I'm going to simply assume that some of the moon dust made it's way to book....
--Hillary and Bernie both in my old hometown of Hopkinsville during the past 24 hours, supposedly. Don't let the screen door hit you on the way.....
--Bko...you post in a Facebook group I'm in, usually my Catspause and Facebook postings don't intersect.
Cool on the Ringo tickets
Love Supertramp
Careful with that back, my friend
Too freaking cool on Buzz Aldrin
LOL on Hilary and Bernie

Hit me up in a PM on FB to let me know who you are, WettCat :)

I'm just finishing up the book "Unbroken." A book well worth reading by the way. I've seen the movie. How any of those Pacific POWs survived amazes me. After surviving a deadly plane wreck into the Pacific, two guys (one of the three died) drifted 2000 miles in 47 days in a small raft with practically no supplies.

Last edited:
I'm just finishing up the book "Unbroken." A book well worth reading by the way. I've seen the movie. How any of those Pacific POWs survived amazes me. After surviving a deadly plane wreck into the Pacific, two guys (one of the three died) drifted 2000 miles in 47 days in a small raft with practically no supplies.
I remember reading something about that - not the book, but maybe an article?

Just got in, It's been a day. I let my wife's cat out before I left, had no idea I would be gone so long. Can't find him. He goes out all the time, "i told you not to let him out if your weren't at home". This has happened several times and life will not be good for me if he doesn't come back. She already thinks someone has him.

So you're from the area where the men are men, and the sheep are scared haha!

I'm kidding. I Like Henry County a lot.

Shhhh that's a secret. No one is suppose to know. I lived here most of my life. Moved to lexington for college and a three years after that. Moved back couple years ago. But seriously keep the sheep thing secret.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT