ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

I remember the day he died.[/QUOte

Tom T Hall was a DJ in these parts and used to say "This is Pee Wee Hall the DJ on the ball." I knew a picker who played with Tom T who said the real Clayton was the same person I mom claimed he was. He died a few years back. You google the real Clayton Delany and there is a w question and answer section that says iy was a guy named Lonnie Easterily. That isn't the name my mom or the picker said.

wm_5868422.jpg

This is a skunk and varmint sniper weapon.

The last movie that I paid to see was Saving Private Ryan. After seeing grown men coming out of there crying I was thinking "it won't make me cry." I was wrong.
You bet. The first time I saw it was in Dallas after a business meeting. I hung around before going into the lobby. The next weekend I took my wife to see it and it happened again.

Great movie and great acting.

How far back in your childhood can you actually remember? I think that I remember taking water to my daddy in 1946. I would have been three years old. Is that even possible?

When I was six I had my tonsils taken out. I remember my daddy and a nurse holding me down while the doctor poured the ether.

I have a daughter who is now 45 who remembers pretty clearly (details) a non-traumatic event which happened when she was just slightly more than 3. She only mentioned it about a year ago. Only my wife and I knew about the event and it was something you would never tell anyone else. So it was a definite memory.

Last edited:
Your mom reminds me of mine. I think I got my sick sense of humor from her.

Hope every one had a good weekend. I did, but was awful busy. My lady friend's grandkids are flat out telling me that they want me to make their Nana an honest woman (my interpretation. They just want us to get married). To her credit, she's not putting any pressure on me since she knew what she was getting into when we got together. I told her from day 1 that after my divorce, I was in no hurry whatsoever to get married again. Still not.
Stand your ground. My little brother has dated and married some bad women because he fell for their kids. Don't repeat his mistake.

How far back in your childhood can you actually remember? I think that I remember taking water to my daddy in 1946. I would have been three years old. Is that even possible?

When I was six I had my tonsils taken out. I remember my daddy and a nurse holding me down while the doctor poured the ether.
Yes, I believe it is possible, and for younger than that, even. I have vague memories of my Papaw - of me sitting on his knee and laughing. Since he passed in 72 I would have been three or less. I have a few other flashes of memory of different things, but I think I have solid memories starting about age 5 - remember going to St. John's Lutheran for kindergarten. My mom told me she was pregnant with my brother and she was one of those to answer questions, so I recall telling my whole class where babies came from and how they got there. In first grade, I remember walking to school (when we still could)

You bet. The first time I saw it was in Dallas after a business meeting. I hung around before going into the lobby. The next weekend I took my wife to see it and it happened again.

Great movie and great acting.
A couple of WWII vets that landed that day told me that movie was an accurate representation of the carnage on Omaha. High velocity metal does cruel things to the human body

I have a favorite recipe I will share with you.

Take Hot Pepper Jelly, 1/2 teaspoon of real butter, bourbon to taste, whisk it and set it aside

Take quail breasts and lightly salt and pepper them. Wrap the quail with THICK sliced bacon and secure with toothpicks. Place on a medium heat grill or on a cast iron grilling plate in an oven at 425 degrees and broil till the bacon starts to carmelize. You need to turn the birds a couple of times to prevent drying out too much on one side.

When the bacon carmelizes take a brush and periodically coat the entire breast with the hot pepper/bourbon mix. Be generous in coating.

Serve hot.

Quail breasts are small and have little fat. Be careful to not over cook. Better to marinade too soon than let them dry out.

Down the road I'll give you my stuffed peppers recipe. Cheeses, crab meat, and shrimp.

I went to elementary school in Mississippi. When the weather was warm enough we were allowed to go to school barefoot. Did any on you old heads ever to that?
I ran around in bare feet all the time during warmer weather. Stepped on a few lit cigarettes and burned the heck out of my feet.

Take Hot Pepper Jelly, 1/2 teaspoon of real butter, bourbon to taste, whisk it and set it aside

Take quail breasts and lightly salt and pepper them. Wrap the quail with THICK sliced bacon and secure with toothpicks. Place on a medium heat grill or on a cast iron grilling plate in an oven at 425 degrees and broil till the bacon starts to carmelize. You need to turn the birds a couple of times to prevent drying out too much on one side.

When the bacon carmelizes take a brush and periodically coat the entire breast with the hot pepper/bourbon mix. Be generous in coating.

Serve hot.

Quail breasts are small and have little fat. Be careful to not over cook. Better to marinade too soon than let them dry out.

Down the road I'll give you my stuffed peppers recipe. Cheeses, crab meat, and shrimp.

Stevo - that sounds amazing; will have to try it. Can't wait to see the stuffed peppers recipe.

Great question. Three or four years old.

Serve hot.

Bring em on, we love recipes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT